Page 36 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Booshman View Post
    That's the second time you've intentionally misinterpreted my post. There won't be a third time.
    Still waiting.

Proof of this first sentence please. Something irrefutable that demonstrates that these things were carried out throughout most of the continent, as you are implying. I'll wait.
    Asking for proof without providing any?

Deleted
    Staggering is just a blatant exaggeration. "Noticeable", is a more appropriate word.
    Well differences between someone from Laos, Ghana, and Ireland physically and not only -are- staggering.
    But I guess that's just words.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    It is not their race though... WHICH IS THE POINT.
    Well I think that point is worth refining a little. A person of middle eastern descent is fundamentally not much different from any other race. The middle eastern people have created a violent society thats the shame of the rest of the world, that abuses women and kills people because they're insane. To be fair to any middle eastern person or middle eastern people in general, they're hardly the only example I could use.

So perhaps the race part itself on an individual level is not an issue, but I don't think its out of place to judge people's misguided and ignorant cultures. Saying "the world would be better without the Middle East" is different than saying "I don't like people because they're Middle Eastern."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taiphon View Post
    Ah, care to support that claim?

The history of Africa is littered with enslavement, empires of conquest and black-black racism, spiced up with cannibalism - for thousands of years. Until about 1850, when the Europeans moved in and took over. At least by then Europeans tried to suppress the slave trade and cannibalism.
    Although I recognise slave trading was a massive part of African trade, it does take some guts to say European tried to stop it.
    Yes they did later on in the years but, you know, slave trading was a booming commerce for centuries.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Well differences between someone from Laos, Ghana, and Ireland physically and not only -are- staggering.
    But I guess that's just words.
    It's more your own perception, which is subjective. Which makes it a moot point, since there are people from those groups who no doubt disagree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Still waiting.

Asking for proof without providing any?
    I'm pretty sure that's just what he does. I'm just ignoring him from now on, he has yet to actually refute anything, just goes into verbose nonsense.

Deleted
    Proof of this first sentence please. Something irrefutable that demonstrates that these things were carried out throughout most of the continent, as you are implying. I'll wait.
    Sure:
    Enslavement:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery_in_Africa
    In Senegambia, between 1300 and 1900, close to one-third of the population was enslaved. In early Islamic states of the western Sudan, including Ghana (750–1076), Mali (1235–1645), Segou (1712–1861), and Songhai (1275–1591), about a third of the population were enslaved. In Sierra Leone in the 19th century about half of the population consisted of enslaved people. In the 19th century at least half the population was enslaved among the Duala of the Cameroon and other peoples of the lower Niger, the Kongo, and the Kasanje kingdom and Chokwe of Angola. Among the Ashanti and Yoruba a third of the population consisted of enslaved people. The population of the Kanem (1600–1800) was about a third-enslaved.
    [...]
    Africans knew of the harsh slavery that awaited slaves in the New World. Many elite Africans visited Europe on slave ships following the prevailing winds through the New World.

Empires of conquest:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_empires
    Shows a list of African empires. You can follow the links to read their history. And when it says something like "expanded into neighbouring region", that means they conquered it.

Black-black racism:
    The Nigerian civil war is a recent example: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_Civil_War
    The conflict was the result of economic, ethnic, cultural and religious tensions among the various peoples of Nigeria.
    Note all those ethnic groups are "black".

Cannibalism:
    Cannibalism is most common among uncivilized, illiterate tribes. That makes it difficult to collect evidence, especially from the time before the Europeans arrived. However, it's still happening in Africa.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannibalism
    In the 1980s, Médecins Sans Frontières, the international medical charity, supplied photographic and other documentary evidence of ritualized cannibal feasts among the participants in Liberia's internecine strife to representatives of Amnesty International who were on a fact-finding mission to the neighboring state of Guinea.

Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    I'm pretty sure that's just what he does. I'm just ignoring him from now on, he has yet to actually refute anything, just goes into verbose nonsense.
    More personality projections? Oh, and I accept your "White flag".

Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    No, I understand that's not the only criteria but let's be honest: for most people in white majority countries, they see a young black male dressed in gang-related clothing they immediate think gangbanger, a white male of the same age in the same clothing is generally seen as a joke.
    When I see a white guy dressed like that, its not what I think. After working retail for years, and the daily thefts you notice its not race that is the issue. You can see how people are dressed, and their hair, and their body posture. A bunch of things. That just gives you the "vibe" something is not right. Race never sets me off on it, and like I said in my previous post. I seen everything from people in wheel chairs, to grannies, to young teens do crazy crap in a store. There was no race that seemed to do it more. What you do notice is the way they talk and the same stories and excuses are the same. There tend to be keywords that make me think "uh-oh" they are up to something. The car in the parking lot waiting is also the give away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by havenwood29 View Post
    There are certain races that I would say I'm "racist" against, but not because I don't like the color of their skin. It's because I see a good portion of that race acting in a violent or criminal manner.
    Quote Originally Posted by havenwood29 View Post
    Your logic is flawed. The majority of serial killers are white, but most white people aren't serial killers. Also, very few people, whether white or not are in the position to commit extortion or high-end fraud. It just so happens that more white people happen to be in that position. And I never once claimed that there aren't great people of every race, gender, or orientation and I will gladly adjust accordingly. Some of my favorite people aren't white.
    If you believe that then it just shows how ignorant you are. Most people of different races aren't violent criminals either, but while we are reaching with sweeping generalizations to make something stick, The Patriot Act. When it was first introduced, was being abused by a TON of personnel at airports and border crossings to sexually abuse and humiliate muslim women. Notice i didn't say just white? Either way by your terms it's safe to assume most airport security will strip and humiliate you on perceived "terrorist activity" on a whim.

My point with those crimes is it's easy to form such a poor image of a whole race based on media bias but don't see a bunch of black men walking across the street from a middle aged white man cuz he "could" be a serial killer. Get out of the US sometime... you may be shocked to learn that the majority of these "violent" minorities, are nothing like what your government and media portray them to be. Like Canada

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Belisarius565 View Post
    The staggering differences are from people's personalities, but everyone is human, we are all the same race. We all sleep, eat, have the same features being male or female. The problem is superiority complexes of any-type. Just because people have different skin color, or facial structure does not mean they are any less or more human then you are. Anywhere in the world people would have the same desires/fears/hopes/days etc etc. The differences of ethnicity is very cool no doubt, but does not make people greater or less because or in-spite of it.
    Yeh but sure even cats and dogs follow the "eat, reproduce, die" cycle.
    It's not only cosmetics, there is physical differences, and possibly attitudinal also. There is nothing supremacist in admitting that.
    Again, accepting differences between races isn't putting one above the other.
    Actually I honestly think real acceptance of "the different" starts once you accept those differences and respect them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Although I recognise slave trading was a massive part of African trade, it does take some guts to say European tried to stop it.
    Yes they did later on in the years but, you know, slave trading was a booming commerce for centuries.
    I specifically said by then, which is after 1850.

While it is true the Atlantic slave trade was a booming business for a few centuries, it's also true that slavery was widely practiced in Africa, by Africans, for a lot longer than that, and in much greater numbers.

And eventually it was the Europeans who ended African slavery, not the Africans themselves.

How we view "racism" is probably very different.

To me being racist is about a person feeling superiour to another race, sexual orientation etc. For instance if I (white caucasian) felt superiour to, lets say a hispanic, no matter his social status.

Z.

While it is true the Atlantic slave trade was a booming business for a few centuries, it's also true that slavery was widely practiced in Africa, by Africans, for a lot longer than that, and in much greater numbers.

And eventually it was the Europeans who ended African slavery, not the Africans themselves.
    Slavery simply became useless by then. It was not an intentional ending. Demand just fell apart. Different tribes got homogenized into one or more country due to being under control of European, thus no tribe to enslave other than yourself. Then, when slavery demand fell, slave trade stopped.

Not sure where the slave talked started or why, but slaves and slave trade still exists, all over the world. It is in every country too, even the USA. Its underground and hiding.

More personality projections? Oh, and I accept your "White flag".
    White flag? Hahaha no, just enjoying some light reading of your previous posts, pretty hilarious stuff. Tons of posts telling people they aren't 'proving' things to you and you not proving anything back, along with pleeeenty of very overt white hatred (thinly hidden behind words like 'oh no, I'm just talking about the people on these boards!').

Oh, and this will be my last post to you now that I've confirmed my suspicions about you, have fun with your nonsense : ).

Everyone is prone to initial judgements based on another person's looks and background. However, most inteligent people realise that this illogical and try to keep it in check. Someone who accepts they are racist and tries to racionalise it is an idiot, in my opinion.

Deleted
    It's more your own perception, which is subjective. Which makes it a moot point, since there are people from those groups who no doubt disagree with you.
    Physical differences, my own perception?

Quote Originally Posted by arcticsnow View Post
    Not sure where the slave talked started or why, but slaves and slave trade still exists, all over the world. It is in every country too, even the USA. Its underground and hiding.
    True, it's just not necessarily about free labor anymore. A lot of it is about sex.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    Yes, you judge people based on the colour of their skin rather than them as a person, I find it hard to think of anything more despicable. If you simply want to 'generalize' or be more wary against certain groups skin colour isn't the way to go, you should make sure to stay away from e.g. males and poor people instead. The fact that you 'chose' to make this generalization based on a certain skin colour (and gives it big enough of an impact that you even make this thread/the posts you've made) shows that you are racist. You also actually believe retarded statements like "some races are prone to violence, drugs, and general mayhem" when there's been shown that other factors cause the statistic discrepancy.
    he didn't mention about color skin...see that is the problem, some people really believe they are victims of racism while they are not...What I understand is that he is very cautious against certain races but not judge them immediately which is natural...and this has nothing to do about the DNA of other races but mostly with the way they grown. It is very simple that if you are starving to death is more commonly that you do something illegal to find food. This is a general society problem and global economy problem. But if you are realist, you are just more cautious against certain races but still they can prove you wrong.

For example I have a very very good friend from a certain ethnicity but on the same time I am very cautious with people from that ethnicity unless I meet and get to know them well enough and prove me wrong..even my friend agree on this, because when you are forced to grow in a place of war and you are starving, statistically there are more chances to be violent.
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.