Page 43 of 56 FirstFirst ...
33
41
42
43
44
45
53
... LastLast
  1. #841
    Titan Adam Jensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sarif Industries, Detroit
    Posts
    14,441
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravijn View Post
    Well, technically laundry is racist because you have to separate the colored clothes from the white clothes.
    As long as the whites and coloreds are in separate but equal laundry machines, I don't see how this is a problem.

    If a video game developer removed tumors from players, they'd whine about nerfing their loss in weight and access to radiation powers. -Cracked.com

  2. #842
    Quote Originally Posted by Orly View Post
    As far as I noticed, you're racist only if you're white. Calling someone "cracker" while being anything but white seems widely accepted and doesn't count as being racist. Also the wide acceptance of black power and the likes. Yeah, those calling out on racism tend to be by default hypocrites because they wouldn't even notice what I just mentioned.
    I see this brought up all the time, but I have to ask: do people seriously believe that? I mean, when you hear someone calling a white person "cracker" you know full well he's making a racist comment...just as when you hear someone calling a black person "nigger." So where does this supposed hypocrisy come in?

  3. #843
    The Insane Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    15,061
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    It is human nature to be wary of people that are different, until you can change human nature we will all continue to be a little racist. My best friend is black, we have probably saved each others lives a few times, but I still cannot help but be a bit wary when I see a group of 5 black lads hanging around a street corner.
    This doesn't really make sense to me, this is an old thread but really? Five lads of any race I would be wary of, why is it because they're black suddenly it's extra worrying?

  4. #844
    Brewmaster Sykol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    1,272
    Quote Originally Posted by JW1984BE View Post
    Yeah, I got infracted, thanks.

    "Thread Necromancy", didn't notice.
    God help you if you started a new thread, though.

    "There's already a topic like this six pages back. Why didn't you use that? Infracted."
    Unfairly deleted signatures. Unfairly deleted signatures everywhere.

  5. #845
    Legendary! Luko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Danger Zone
    Posts
    6,175
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I see this brought up all the time, but I have to ask: do people seriously believe that? I mean, when you hear someone calling a white person "cracker" you know full well he's making a racist comment...just as when you hear someone calling a black person "nigger." So where does this supposed hypocrisy come in?
    It's not really something that you're going to find much logic in. A black (etc) dude calling white people "Crackers" is not only widely socially accepted, but they say it on things like public television, radio and comedy all the time. The racial intention is obviously there, but no offense is taken, at least not on a widely acknowledged scale.

    Black student at school, for example, calls a white guy a cracker? Congratulations, he's a comedian and everyone laughs, including the white target. However, if Mr White in this instance decides to turn around and counter with anything SLIGHTLY racist, everyone gasps and falls silent. Potential fights, threats, the white kid in suspended, etc etc. Its just kind of the way things are, at least around here. I don't really see anyone standing up and pushing for a change, either.
    Listen kiddos, trust Handsome Jack. You want every part of this insanity.
    So many people are gonna die.

    Formerly Ryngo Blackratchet

  6. #846
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    This doesn't really make sense to me, this is an old thread but really? Five lads of any race I would be wary of, why is it because they're black suddenly it's extra worrying?
    I'd say because of the media, every time I see mention of a robbery or shooting on the news the media blows up on it if it's done by a minority, doesn't mean it's right but it definitely doesn't help.

  7. #847
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    God help you if you started a new thread, though.

    "There's already a topic like this six pages back. Why didn't you use that? Infracted."
    I was thinking at this as the page was loading. Well done.

  8. #848
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Fuck you, that's where.
    Posts
    4,492
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    This doesn't really make sense to me, this is an old thread but really? Five lads of any race I would be wary of, why is it because they're black suddenly it's extra worrying?
    Because black is naturally a scary color. We subconsciously associate black(darkness) with fear, helplessness and many other frightening things. It's like being afraid of the dark as a kid, unless someone explained that there are no monsters hiding in the darkness then people will just assume darkness is dangerous. It's sort of the same deal, fear based on ignorance.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side.

  9. #849
    The Lightbringer Speaknoevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Posts
    3,934
    Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin View Post
    Because black is naturally a scary color. We subconsciously associate black(darkness) with fear, helplessness and many other frightening things. It's like being afraid of the dark as a kid, unless someone explained that there are no monsters hiding in the darkness then people will just assume darkness is dangerous. It's sort of the same deal, fear based on ignorance.
    Humans don't turn black unless you set them on fire, and that works on any "race."

  10. #850
    Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin View Post
    Because black is naturally a scary color. We subconsciously associate black(darkness) with fear, helplessness and many other frightening things. It's like being afraid of the dark as a kid, unless someone explained that there are no monsters hiding in the darkness then people will just assume darkness is dangerous. It's sort of the same deal, ignorance based on fear.
    This is quite ridiculous. I'm sure it's nothing like this. Black people are often stereotyped to be criminals, and when you see a certain number of them gathered in one place, your brain is rushed with irrational thoughts caused by what you've heard about them in the past. Also, if it's night I avoid groups of people at the corner of a street no matter what.

    Plus, black people are not really black, nor are white people exactly white.

  11. #851
    The Insane Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    15,061
    Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin View Post
    Because black is naturally a scary color. We subconsciously associate black(darkness) with fear, helplessness and many other frightening things. It's like being afraid of the dark as a kid, unless someone explained that there are no monsters hiding in the darkness then people will just assume darkness is dangerous. It's sort of the same deal, fear based on ignorance.
    Five light skinned blacks, and five tan sicilians who happen to be darker than the black people. The blacks would probably be more feared.

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-20 at 05:32 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Dedweight View Post
    I'd say because of the media, every time I see mention of a robbery or shooting on the news the media blows up on it if it's done by a minority, doesn't mean it's right but it definitely doesn't help.
    Media does a good job of reporting minority robbery and murder lol. I mean whites do it more often as whites are the majority; however, in media it doesn't look this way as often. There are more stories about a minority thief or x crime than there are whites (on the tv news) this doesn't represent correctly the crimes done.

  12. #852
    Titan Adam Jensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sarif Industries, Detroit
    Posts
    14,441
    Quote Originally Posted by Celltrex View Post
    Plus, black people are not really black, nor are white people exactly white.
    Ugh, why does this have to be pointed out in every thread on the internet about race. We KNOW that. White refers to Caucasian people, black refers to people ancestrally from Africa (though it might also include other regions of the world.)

    No one is referring to the actual color (in before black/white is not a color)

    If a video game developer removed tumors from players, they'd whine about nerfing their loss in weight and access to radiation powers. -Cracked.com

  13. #853
    The Lightbringer Rukh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,619
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellen Keller View Post
    Shouldn't commit crimes if you don't want to go to prison, logic folks.
    Well congratulations on the dumbest comment in the entire thread, and that takes some doing! I mean you had to totally ignore the unequal conviction rates, unequal punishments, unequal chances of a cop arresting a person, unequal chances of parole. Basically in order to make that comment you had to have absolutely no clue what you were saying, and THEN claim logic. Awesome!
    Still bitter.

  14. #854
    I am Murloc! Gothicshark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In Thrall's loving embrace, all hail ThrallChrist.
    Posts
    5,121
    Since I am late on this thread I'm going to just start with the OP and go to the last page.

    Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    ...I guess what it stems down to is being a realist that acknowledges some races are prone to violence, drugs, and general mayhem....
    Well than you should fear Northern European White people most, after all they started the Drug trade, invaded and murdered more lands and peoples than any other group of humans in history.

    Or are you talking about the state of America today, where more murders and drug offenders are white.

    You see the stereo types are very wrong, I grew up in Los Angeles and according to media if I walk out side my front door I am subject to drive by shootings and gang wars. I use to live at Normandy and Gage, I was the only white person for 5 miles in a poor black part of town, and I was a typical goth. I never had any issues at all. Well until I went to a white neighborhood and white people acted like I was going to murder and eat them. So Most of the racial stereotypes are false and White people are the monsters they fear the most.

  15. #855
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Fuck you, that's where.
    Posts
    4,492
    Quote Originally Posted by Celltrex View Post
    This is quite ridiculous. I'm sure it's nothing like this. Black people are often stereotyped to be criminals, and when you see a certain number of them gathered in one place, your brain is rushed with irrational thoughts caused by what you've heard about them in the past. Also, if it's night I avoid groups of people at the corner of a street no matter what.
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Five light skinned blacks, and five tan sicilians who happen to be darker than the black people. The blacks would probably be more feared.
    In a superficial sense, yes, it is scarier the darker they are. It probably has to do with upbringing and in what country you grew up in. I grew up in a small town in Sweden during the 90's and I was well into my teens before I even saw a black man in person for the first time in my life. The only other time I've seen them was when they done some crime in the bigger cities and was granted a 1 page story in the newspaper. They had nothing but bad media exposure throughout my entire childhood and so you start to associate darker colored people with danger. It's still like this in most smaller cities.

    It's ignorance and irrational but it's rooted deep into most peoples minds and it's difficult to uproot overnight. Take slavery as an example, whites are still being passively accused for it up to this day, this is how powerful first impressions are, especially when they're negative first impressions.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side.

  16. #856
    well this is a simple fact. if you add an A to the end its all good. white dude calls black dude a nigga its all good, white dude calls black dude a nigger your going to get shot. black dude calls white dude cracka its all good, black dude calls white dude cracker never heard a black dude say cracker and neither have you. black people dont say the ER in cracker or nigger only white people do that it seems. if you read through this thread you will see how most of you will say nigger or cracker instead of nigga or cracka, how do black people tend to say it. use the new word yet people still use the old world.

    example
    black dude: yo! nigga how you been haven't seen you in years.
    white dude: yo! hows it going nigger haven't seen you in years.
    the slight difference is obvious and it even feels worst when you say the ER version


    but judgeing people based on the tone of their skin and not their character is what a dumbass would do
    im black and japanese so everything is say is true lolz

    really surprised this tread is still up lolz
    HAKUNA MATATA... IT MEANS NO WORRIES FOR THE REST OF YOUR DAYS

  17. #857
    Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin View Post

    It's ignorance and irrational but it's rooted deep into most peoples minds and it's difficult to uproot overnight.
    Its not ignorant and or irrational. Its a survival instincts deep with in human psyche. Humans quickly learned to stay away from and fear lions after seeing to many of their buddies get eat by one. Humans quickly learned to stay out of the water if they see a fin after to many of their buddies despaired from the water when the fins are around.
    for survival reasons human have learned what to avoid what to be cautious with and what to fear from their own past experiences and the past experience of others. We as humans have been programmed to make split second decisions its part of the fight or flight mechanism. So its not ignorant and or irrational to judge someone or something till you get to know it. Its for the sake of survival

  18. #858
    Quote Originally Posted by c2dholla619 View Post
    but judgeing people based on the tone of their skin and not their character is what a dumbass would do
    im black and japanese so everything is say is true lolz
    only if you're a disabled lesbian veteran
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

  19. #859
    The Insane Catta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Århus
    Posts
    17,963
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    Its not ignorant and or irrational. Its a survival instincts deep with in human psyche. Humans quickly learned to stay away from and fear lions after seeing to many of their buddies get eat by one. Humans quickly learned to stay out of the water if they see a fin after to many of their buddies despaired from the water when the fins are around.
    for survival reasons human have learned what to avoid what to be cautious with and what to fear from their own past experiences and the past experience of others. We as humans have been programmed to make split second decisions its part of the fight or flight mechanism. So its not ignorant and or irrational to judge someone or something till you get to know it. Its for the sake of survival
    It is both ignorant and irrational. Ignorant because you lack knowledge to make a judgement and irrational because you act out of fear not rationality. That is not to say that paranoia has not played an evolutionary role.

  20. #860
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I see this brought up all the time, but I have to ask: do people seriously believe that? I mean, when you hear someone calling a white person "cracker" you know full well he's making a racist comment...just as when you hear someone calling a black person "nigger." So where does this supposed hypocrisy come in?
    Hypocrisy comes in when, for example, a black dude calls a white one cracker, the guy replies with nigger, and the black dude then gets very offended and screams racism and discrimination left and right. He's a hypocrite because he discriminated in the first place, but the white guy either didn't feel that offended (but just pissed) or simply didn't choose to hide behind the racism card.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •