Page 46 of 56 FirstFirst ...
36
44
45
46
47
48
... LastLast
  1. #901
    I already did.
    No you really didn't.
    Don't get me wrong, slavery is downright unacceptable, but after regaining their freedom they didn't quite return to their homelands either. Almost akin to the Stockolm Syndrome.
    This is some really delicious subtle racism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Everyone is pro-US. They just don't know it yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyre View Post
    Internet lives in the sky, don't need no cables for that.
    A nice list of logical fallacies. In picture form!

  2. #902
    Quote Originally Posted by Orly View Post
    Yeah, I bet some of them look at Africa now and say "Dayum, those centuries of slavery my ancestors endured didn't turn so bad after all".

    Don't get me wrong, slavery is downright unacceptable,
    Then stop being a slavery apologist.


    but after regaining their freedom they didn't quite return to their homelands either. Almost akin to the Stockolm Syndrome.
    It's almost as though they were born in America where they have lived there for generations!

  3. #903
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Stockholm syndrome? This is that most stupid thing I have read today.

    Hey we kidnapped these people destroyed their culture for HUNDREDS OF YEARS, and took over their home continent to boot. Exactly what country did they have to return to?! There wasn't one, what culture what home was there in Africa? There wasn't one, it was taken. Holy shit....

    Africa isn't some giant homogenous continent on top of that the slave trade ruined all identify blacks from those lines had.
    You're kidding, right? Look upon Africa and see that despite 2000 years of technological evolution there are many people there who still retain their cultural ways, up till this day. Ways that are older than year 0. If what you say is true, then that should not have been possible.
    Last edited by Orly; 2013-04-21 at 01:30 AM.

  4. #904
    It's almost as though they were born in America where they have lived there for generations!
    Nah dude, you see they're black so they can just show up in Africa and fit right into the nearest tribe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Everyone is pro-US. They just don't know it yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyre View Post
    Internet lives in the sky, don't need no cables for that.
    A nice list of logical fallacies. In picture form!

  5. #905
    Titan Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    13,776
    Quote Originally Posted by Orly View Post
    You're kidding, right? Look upon Africa and see that despide 2000 years of technological evolution there are many people there who still retain their cultural ways, up till this day. Ways that are older than year 0. If what you say is true, then that should not have been possible.
    Uh huh... what you're saying is akin to this:

    Okay so we kidnapped most of the french population and took over their country for the past 500 years, France is absolutely nothing how it was and the culture that was once there is now destroyed.

    Okay French slavery is over why won't they just go back to France. Oh right... we kind of destroyed that country, oh well they can like go to Germany or Ireland right? It's all the same...

  6. #906
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    No you really didn't.

    This is some really delicious subtle racism.
    Believe whatever you wish.

    And yes, I did. Did you even bother reading, or you're just throwing words at me? You can ask me to be more specific if you didn't quite get it, but I won't bother saying it again if you didn't even have the decency to read some previous posts.

  7. #907
    You've made assertions, that's for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Everyone is pro-US. They just don't know it yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyre View Post
    Internet lives in the sky, don't need no cables for that.
    A nice list of logical fallacies. In picture form!

  8. #908
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Uh huh... what you're saying is akin to this:

    Okay so we kidnapped most of the french population and took over their country for the past 500 years, France is absolutely nothing how it was and the culture that was once there is now destroyed.

    Okay French slavery is over why won't they just go back to France. Oh right... we kind of destroyed that country, oh well they can like go to Germany or Ireland right? It's all the same...
    They destroyed countries by doing what exactly? Building cement houses instead of huts? (btw some still live in huts, just so you understand why I don't see this destruction you speak of).

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-21 at 01:34 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodna View Post
    Then stop being a slavery apologist.



    It's almost as though they were born in America where they have lived there for generations!
    But if America was so vile and cruel and racist, why still live there? Why not return to your roots, which are much better than the society of your enslavers?

  9. #909
    Quote Originally Posted by Orly View Post
    They destroyed countries by doing what exactly? Building cement houses instead of huts? (btw some still live in huts, just so you understand why I don't see this destruction you speak of).
    Turns out buying millions of people and shifting them overseas while exploiting their continent for every natural resource we want has a fairly deleterious on their collective culture.

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-21 at 01:36 AM ----------

    But if America was so vile and cruel and racist, why still live there? Why not return to your roots, which are much better than the society of your enslavers?
    Yes why didn't Africans with no education or worldly knowledge take all their money and just ship themselves back to a continent they knew next to nothing about?

    I wonder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Everyone is pro-US. They just don't know it yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyre View Post
    Internet lives in the sky, don't need no cables for that.
    A nice list of logical fallacies. In picture form!

  10. #910
    Titan Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    13,776
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Turns out buying millions of people and shifting them overseas while exploiting their continent for every natural resource we want has a fairly deleterious on their collective culture.

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-21 at 01:36 AM ----------


    Yes why didn't Africans with no education or worldly knowledge take all their money and just ship themselves back to a continent they knew next to nothing about?

    I wonder.
    He thinks "Hey they still have huts!" = they lost absolutely no cultural heritage? What the fuck am I reading...

  11. #911
    Quote Originally Posted by Orly View Post
    But if America was so vile and cruel and racist, why still live there? Why not return to your roots, which are much better than the society of your enslavers?
    Why are you so intent on justifying slavery?

  12. #912
    It kind of begs the question "why does Orly think Africa is in such bad shape now?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Everyone is pro-US. They just don't know it yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyre View Post
    Internet lives in the sky, don't need no cables for that.
    A nice list of logical fallacies. In picture form!

  13. #913
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Turns out buying millions of people and shifting them overseas while exploiting their continent for every natural resource we want has a fairly deleterious on their collective culture.

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-21 at 01:36 AM ----------


    Yes why didn't Africans with no education or worldly knowledge take all their money and just ship themselves back to a continent they knew next to nothing about?

    I wonder.
    Was the place left inhabitable? Is it now desolate? Are all the cultural ways (including language) completely vanished from there?
    If not, then there was something to return to.

    Why didn't Africans with no education or worldly knowledge requested a free ride back to their homeland along with their freedom?

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-21 at 01:40 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodna View Post
    Why are you so intent on justifying slavery?
    Where exactly did I say that slavery is right?

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-21 at 01:41 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    It kind of begs the question "why does Orly think Africa is in such bad shape now?"
    You're saying it's in bad shape, you said the place was utterly destroyed and there was nothing to return to.

  14. #914
    Why didn't Africans with no education or worldly knowledge requested a free ride back to their homeland along with their freedom?
    My homeland isn't Germany.

    And since you've clearly never heard of Liberia you're over your head.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Everyone is pro-US. They just don't know it yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyre View Post
    Internet lives in the sky, don't need no cables for that.
    A nice list of logical fallacies. In picture form!

  15. #915
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    He thinks "Hey they still have huts!" = they lost absolutely no cultural heritage? What the fuck am I reading...
    Ok, at this point you have to prove with facts how they were before and out of that, what was completely lost.

  16. #916
    Quote Originally Posted by Orly View Post
    Where exactly did I say that slavery is right?
    The part where you insist on saying it's still better than living in Africa.

  17. #917
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Fuck you, that's where.
    Posts
    4,496
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    There seems to always be some sort of issue between some Black Americans and Black Africans so...
    So then we can agree that this is a status inequality thing and not actually a matter of race inequality. Slaves were treated like shit regardless of color and all slave masters are equally shit regardless of skin color. So why do we still cling to these racial annotations of status when they don't even apply anymore?

    X is a cracker because X is white.
    Y is a Niggah because Y is black.

    It's very apparent both terms is a way to negatively label someone for something they have no control over, skin color. Both words are equally offensive and racist because of this. What they meant historically was actually LESS offensive then what those words stand for in modern times. At least back then it had mostly to do with status and not skin color. Just sayin.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side.

  18. #918
    You're saying it's in bad shape, you said the place was utterly destroyed and there was nothing to return to.
    No I didn't. I said there was nothing for them to return to because they never left anything there.

    Its like insisting that I could just trot over to Germany and fit right in because my family came from there way back when. Or more accurately for your stupid argument, that I could just trot over to France and settle right in because my family came from Germany.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Everyone is pro-US. They just don't know it yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyre View Post
    Internet lives in the sky, don't need no cables for that.
    A nice list of logical fallacies. In picture form!

  19. #919
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    My homeland isn't Germany.

    And since you've clearly never heard of Liberia you're over your head.
    Oh, you mean those people that were considering themselves american and didn't intent to reintegrate there? Yeah, what about them?

    I don't care about you.

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-21 at 01:46 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    No I didn't. I said there was nothing for them to return to because they never left anything there.

    Its like insisting that I could just trot over to Germany and fit right in because my family came from there way back when. Or more accurately for your stupid argument, that I could just trot over to France and settle right in because my family came from Germany.
    Were you taken from there by force? No? Then don't compare.

  20. #920
    Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin View Post
    So then we can agree that this is a status inequality thing and not actually a matter of race inequality. Slaves were treated like shit regardless of color and all slave masters are equally shit regardless of skin color. So why do we still cling to these racial annotations of status when they don't even apply anymore?

    X is a cracker because X is white.
    Y is a Niggah because Y is black.

    It's very apparent both terms is a way to negatively label someone for something they have no control over, skin color. Both words are equally offensive and racist because of this. What they meant historically was actually LESS offensive then what those words stand for in modern times. At least back then it had mostly to do with status and not skin color. Just sayin.
    At least someone around here gets it right.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •