Page 5 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nameuser View Post
    It's not right to hate people of a different race, but putting your own race before others is completely natural.. it's like cheering on your own football team
    Who would a blind person cheer for?

What a stupid comment.
    "One touch of nature makes the whole world kin." - William Shakespeare

~ Sig and Avatar by Shyama <3 ~

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Nice avoidance of the question, but unless you grew up in Europe then you have never had any dealings with real Gypsies.
    The first comment was a tongue-in-cheek response based off my family's experiences in Greece.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Racism is stupid, can't we all just agree on that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes we can and this thread needs to be locked

/Tara
    "One touch of nature makes the whole world kin." - William Shakespeare

~ Sig and Avatar by Shyama <3 ~

Then you ARE a little racist. You do admit they are different don't you? That in itself is a form of racism, nothing to be ashamed about, we are all the same.
    As good as your intentions are on this topic. Always giving out the idea that: "Hey your racist and it's ok because everyone is racist" does not sit well with me. I am not racist, and as much as you try to twist the concept of racism to boil down to 'You prejudge people before you know them' it doesn't mean that people should accept that or act on it. Being guarded is not the same as racism, simply put, because racism is when you act. If you don't act on preconceived notions and remind yourself that everyone deserves the benefit of doubt, then you are not racist. And if you do act on preconceived notions then you should stop, and not accept that as part of human existence.

Rise above, don't just wallow in ignorance and fear.
    "And what's the real lesson? Don't leave food in the fridge."
    -Spike Spiegel

10+ Year Old Account
    Loaded topic, it seems.... Let me add a loaded question....
    Does Patriotism apply to Racism? Or at one point does patriotism turn into racism?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    It's racist if you believe that the violence owes to some difference in race rather than the socioeconomic conditions typically surrounding persons of said raid.
    That's absolutely correct. Most people ITT are not making the distinction.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    Nah for some reasons bikers have never worried me. I go to the Laughlin run almost every year for the last 25years and never once had a problem with a biker (and there is A LOT of mexican bikers too). I was there in Laughlin (not at Harrahs tho) when the big brawl between bandidos and hells angels broke out, so yes I do know they can be violent as well it just is not the same to me.
    so the fact that when you see violent behavior in a group, actual conformable proof that this particular group could potentially be a threat you aren't concerned, but when a group of people of a different skin color come near you whom you have not witnessed commit an act of violence you feel threatened, and this doesn't strike you as ignorant or closed minded or potentially based on beliefs you would be better to work past?

Yes it is wrong more for you than anything. Keeps you boxed in. Life is short and you should experience all that this life has to offer you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Loaded topic, it seems.... Let me add a loaded question....
    Does Patriotism apply to Racism? Or at one point does patriotism turn into racism?
    can i ask then whats ur point in this question? what are u getting at?

Deleted
    Then you ARE a little racist. You do admit they are different don't you? That in itself is a form of racism, nothing to be ashamed about, we are all the same.
    It's racism to notice that someone with different color has different skin color? No, that's called working eyes.

zzzzzzz

It was his exact definition - I am very aware of what racism is.
    I'm pretty sure your reading comprehension is as bad as your knowledge of what racism is.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Everyone a racist deep down even if they don't admit it.
    No, just no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruddoris View Post
    so, if Violence is considered less desirable, or more desirable, or inferior or superior, then saying a Certain race is more prone to violence would be both factually inaccurate AND Racist. by your own definition.
    Only if you think the violence is attributed solely to inherent values of said race. Otherwise, no.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

I've done the forums things before on other sites and usually somewhere along the lines somebody will try to label me a racist. Over the years I've grown to accept it (dont really think I am though). I've never hurt somebody over race, hell I still hold a door open for somebody other than my race, I treat them absolutely the same irl but I am a lot more wary of some races compared to others. I guess what it stems down to is being a realist that acknowledges some races are prone to violence, drugs, and general mayhem. Don't really know what I'm trying to get out of this but I'm tired of others thinking racist people are bad. There is many degrees of racism, please don't lump all of us together and dismiss an individual so easily because he/she doesn't think like you.
    Change this

I guess what it stems down to is being a realist that acknowledges some races are prone to violence, drugs, and general mayhem.
    to

I guess what it stems down to is being a realist that acknowledges some cultures look differently on violence, drugs, and general mayhem compared to what I stand for.
    It wouldn't surprise me if that is exactly how you feel, minus the word 'negatively' somewhere along the way. And if not, well, no one has the right to judge you on if you agree with a certain lifestyle or not. And even with the certain correlations between culture and race, it is no reason to call someone a racist.

In general, I believe people bring out the term 'racist' way too early and often just to label someone they disagree with.

Quote Originally Posted by Spicy View Post
    Yes we can and this thread needs to be locked

/Tara
    How about you just don't read it any longer? Why ruin a good discussion for all?

I guess what it stems down to is being a realist that acknowledges some races are prone to violence, drugs, and general mayhem.
    That's not being a realist, but pretty much the definition of racism.

Deleted
    being a realist that acknowledges some races are prone to violence, drugs, and general mayhem.
    Yes, you are a racist.

Maybe way back, when races were pretty much seperated geographically, the region where one lives may be more violent than others. But especially now, in this globalized world, race isn't a valid argument.

People like you will adjust to the real world as time goes by. It's actually normal to be affraid, even if it's based on nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanctioned View Post
    I'm pretty sure your reading comprehension is as bad as your knowledge of what racism is.
    Sorry it went over your head. I tried to explain it slowly and thorough but there is no reaching you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vamonos View Post
    can i ask then whats ur point in this question? what are u getting at?
    The point is that the claim of everyone has some form of racism in them may be pretty valid.
    Patriotism, a feeling, an act of being someone/something special. More special compared to the others...
    Like in sports, being loyal to your club. Totally loyal, everyone else is below you.. Or in countries.... My country is the greatest country on Earth. That's patriotism, yet labels every other country as lower....... Some forms of racism, ain't it? At least damn close, hence the questions.