Page 10 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    Would a true racist person have a filipino wife? I think you mark anybody that has anything negative to say about another race as a racist. Life must be fun painting with such broad strokes.
    Who you associate yourself with or marry does not change whether you are racist. There are people of Mexican descent here (yes, Mexican, not another place) who complain about 'all the damned dirty Mexicans' all the time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by holyevil44 View Post
    i am not racist don't really care but what i find funny is that black people can use the ''n'' word between them self but if a whit tell a black that word he will get beat up
    i never ever got why the word was suddenly made bad, it was used in school books and such till late 80s only as a synonym for black person nothing bad...

Quote Originally Posted by DJKalteraphine View Post
    This is the most hilarious thing a racist has ever said. You are rich with irony.
    Maybe you should read my name then.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    Who you associate yourself with or marry does not change whether you are racist. There are people of Mexican descent here (yes, Mexican, not another place) who complain about 'all the damned dirty Mexicans' all the time.
    Same as a homosexual hating homosexuals who are very obvious about their sexuality.

Not at all. It's about embracing the reality we live in and accept that some races are more likely to commit crimes and behave improperly/rude than others.
    I get why so many people choose to live in denial because the truth is painful. It's the same reason why some people choose to believe in a god, an eternal life after death surely sounds more welcoming than decay, rot and emptiness.
    Strength Determination Merciless Forever

Armory

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vamonos View Post
    i never ever got why the word was suddenly made bad, it was used in school books and such till late 80s only as a synonym for black person nothing bad...
    There was a time when Negro was the correct term for someone of a certain colour, black was considered an offensive term back then. Who knows when it got twisted round but it is very strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    I don't find the Genghis Khan 1/4 statistic that unlikely. For example, every single European is a descendent of King Charlamagne (arguably the most important European leader ever), while every single human is a descendant of a female known as Mitochondrial Eve that lived around 200 000 years ago and of a male known as Y-chromosome Adam that lived 142 000 years ago.
    Took the effort to google up where I got that idea from, this image. If my rigorous fact-finding efforts are correct, then it's 1 in 200.

I think 1 in 4 is very, very steep.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Do unto others as you would have done unto you... bro. Im not religious in the slightest but that is one message to live by. I don't see any justification for judging someone before you meet them. But i hear ignorance is bliss so i guess racists are extremely happy?

Deleted
    So if my Willy won't salute when I look at a black girl, does that make me racist?

Morally. Yes Racism is a big deal and wrong.
    Socially - Racism is only a bad thing if it the perpetrator is a certain race. When it is not that race acting it is called "preferential treatment" "Affirmative Action" "Minority Pride".
    That is life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    The racism comes from the context it is being used in. Just about the only reason to point out such statistics would be to try to support a racist argument.
    There is no context. It's a simple, factual statement.

And pointing it out does not support a racist argument. A racist wouldn't need to argue such a thing, because racism isn't based on facts or statistics, but ignorance, and the belief that one race is superior to another regardless of facts.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

Is being a racist really a big deal?

If they can successfully accuse you of it the climate of pretend tolerance is so strong now that you are immediately villainous and everything you say is for naught.
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post

And pointing it out does not support a racist argument. A racist wouldn't need to argue such a thing, because racism isn't based on facts or statistics, but ignorance, and the belief that one race is superior to another regardless of facts.
    It's "factual" but not "truthful" because it doesn't express all the details or give any context. You give no reason why their skin colour is more important to describe and explain than their age, gender, location, religion, sports team followed, clothing choices, favourite type of sandwich, most preferred Spice Girl or economic status.

You're basically implying that the skin colour is the cause of the issue.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post

The context of this thread is racism. The goal of pointing out such facts in the context would almost always be to sway people to the racist side of the argument. Also, such statistics WOULD be used to support a racist position for many people. Do you just assume that everybody, all the time, uses only factual data and logic to make their decisions or base their beliefs upon?

15+ Year Old Account
    When you're saying that everyone is racist, do you mean that everyone is racist, or everyone stereotypes? Because the latter would be correct and what I think you're looking for.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    That a nonsense for me since we are all human. I can hate someone white because i'm white.. but i can't hate someone black because i'm racist ? Come on !

It 2 differents thing. If i hate you for your skin color i'm racist that a fact. If i hate you because your a jerk than i'm not !
    \m/(-_-)\m/

I'm alone again and old pine tree
    Asked me, where's your woman?
    I said: Shut up or I make of you another Firewood

10+ Year Old Account
    I've done the forums things before on other sites and usually somewhere along the lines somebody will try to label me a racist. Over the years I've grown to accept it (dont really think I am though). I've never hurt somebody over race, hell I still hold a door open for somebody other than my race, I treat them absolutely the same irl but I am a lot more wary of some races compared to others. I guess what it stems down to is being a realist that acknowledges some races are prone to violence, drugs, and general mayhem. Don't really know what I'm trying to get out of this but I'm tired of others thinking racist people are bad. There is many degrees of racism, please don't lump all of us together and dismiss an individual so easily because he/she doesn't think like you.
    It's never wise to make broad sweeping generalizations about someone you've never met. The connotation for racism is really seated in a very few very far to the right individuals, these groups are extremely pro their own race, and every race has a group that does this.

Day to day habits that each of us employ are a product of where we live and our life experiences. I am black, male, hetero, and as I've gotten older becoming more spiritual. If you take only the part of me that is black and say "oh well he must smoke weed, like rap music, have been to jail at least once, has aids, hates white people, wants to rob me, wants to have sex with white women, likes chicken, eats watermelon, stinks cause he doesn't wear deodorant, can't read, can't understand math, must be physically gifted to make up for his mental challenges, possibly well endowed, yada yada yada" . To be honest I couldn't care less, I know I have lots of stigmas against me as soon people see me and the relationships I have are with folks that were not held hostage by their cultural fears and ignorance.

Fundamentally, I see harboring a racist view only limits my understanding for anything. For what I do I need clear visibility so that I can account for many, many , many, many different factors.

Is being racist worth handicapping your best decision making? or Is compromising your best decision making ability really a big deal?

lets take this a step further
    If racism or for that matter theism or any philosophy for governing the aggregate and the electorate really a big deal?

Yes. Emphatically yes!

Why?

Its easy to stop thinking beyond our personal means since our tactile senses only experience what we can experience, example my experience is only comprehended by myself where no one else can know that as I know it, thus my decision only affects me.

when we all do it, anything really, then as a community we employ a group think that says this is the best way to do a thing...Do this enough and you've established a loose method of governing and obviously not everyone is doing the same thing so you will inevitably create out groups that coalesce to bring change to the electorate and the aggregate.

Without those out groups, then the electorate and the aggregate sprawl. Sprawl leads to deviation and misunderstanding because the vessel for communication in this highly macro example is the human brain, speech, and culture. If you ever read into superstitions or the origin of holidays, then you'll gain better understanding of the damage sprawl has over time from generation to generation.

We walk down a road that has been traversed a million billion times, should we believe a thing because we have always believed a thing? where the counter argument: Does reinventing the wheel make the wheel more useful?

Sometimes looking for a change in fundamental understanding can and does promote a shift in the paradigm.

Racism is important, its a big deal, because if it did not exist then we lose impetus to move away from the aggregate and the electorate, we lose our impetus to coalesce and impede sprawl, we lose our drive to shift paradigm.

The best thing we have with the current generation is that this group of kids is very likely to challenge conventional wisdom, because of their success (see paradigm shift), in finding a smarter (see better decision making)way to things.

Deleted
    "Don't really know what I'm trying to get out of this but I'm tired of others thinking racist people are bad. There is many degrees of racism, please don't lump all of us together and dismiss an individual so easily because he/she doesn't think like you"
    This like particulair made me laugh toghether with your post.

There's nothing good about racism as its pretty much a gesture out of hate, How does anything good come from that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Has nothing to do with. They grow up in culture where these things are cool. It's cool to ditch school, smoke buds, slang rocks, pimp ho's, etc. Being poor has nothing to do with it. Made up so liberal whites feel better about themselves. I've lived in the "hood" and trust me the youngsters aren't sitting around saying "damn this society is so hard to live, I'm gonna go break into a house". It's not how it works. They want the money from the video's not the money you earn when you go to college for 4 years rack up 30-60k of loans and only make 45k/yr.

Europeans might have a different view cause honestly I don't think their black communities are half as bad as they are in US. Just google ghetto fights for about 5mins and you get a REAL view of what its like instead of fake unreal view you possess.
    If you grew up in that environment, you'd be the same. It has nothing to do with race.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SDMF View Post
    Not at all. It's about embracing the reality we live in and accept that some races are more likely to commit crimes and behave improperly/rude than others.
    And socioeconomics have nothing to do with this? Take a random black guy and a random white guy from below poverty level, middle class, upper-middle class, and the wealthy class, and compare their behaviors. Crime rates have more to do with homelessness, poverty, and the atmosphere of impoverished neighborhoods than race by a long shot.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!