Page 17 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    I edited away the "left wing" because this really isn't isolated to any one political direction. I also edited the rest of my post slightly.

Some of my parents' friends woulds certainly fall into this category.

The reason usually is that they're actually racist, but don't want others to think they are. So they go a bit overboard with showing that they're anti-racist.
    So.... Racist people are racist? Sure...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Improtaight View Post
    being a racist means u generalize and judge people that u never met or personally know...
    so yeah, its that big of a deal, it basiclly means u're an idiot

hope that helped clear things out.

Now, if people could only do the same thing when it comes to others' geographical location. Tennessee, any Southern state really. But that's somehow different.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    So.... Racist people are racist? Sure...
    The point is that you don't know who actually is racist just by their public opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakto View Post
    I'm going to bite even though I'm surprised this thread has not been locked.

The above is a product of not skin colour but socio-economic status.

On the terms of what race prefers guns, I believe the well publicised mass shootings of recent times in America should provide you some insight on that regard.

Racism is a big deal, though in my personal opinion the worst racism is the self perpetuating type.
    Not that I completely disagree with you, but if you're going to cite facts, make sure your facts are right because in this case, you are quite incorrect.

"Firearm homicide is the leading cause of death for African Americans ages 1-44.1

African Americans make up nearly 13% of the U.S. population, but in 2009 suffered almost 24% of all firearm deaths – and over 54% of all firearm homicides."

Nat’l Ctr. for Injury Prevention & Control, U.S. Centers for Disease Control & Prevention, Web-Based Injury Statistics Query & Reporting System (WISQARS) Leading Causes of Death Reports, 1999-2009, for National, Regional, and States (RESTRICTED), at http://webappa.cdc.gov/sasweb/ncipc/...ction_lcd.html (last visited Mar. 8, 2012) (hereinafter WISQARS Leading Causes of Death Reports, 1999-2009; Note: Users must agree to data use restrictions on the CDC site prior to accessing data). [↩]
    Nat’l Ctr. for Injury Prevention & Control, U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Web-Based Injury Statistics Query & Reporting System (WISQARS) Injury Mortality Reports, 1999-2009, for National, Regional, and States (Sept. 2011), http://webappa.cdc.gov/sasweb/ncipc/...ction_inj.html (hereinafter WISQARS Injury Mortality Reports, 1999-2009. Note: Users must agree to data use restrictions on the CDC site prior to accessing data). [↩]

In addition, so far this thread has been surprisingly reasonable, and therefore, I see why it isn't locked. No one is spewing hate, even the biased members are being calm and reasonable in their discussion.

I'm impressed MMO-C community, I'm impressed.
    Last edited by Rhaide; 2013-01-27 at 06:58 PM.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post
    Again, it is apparent that you are allowing your own personal opinions to bleed through any facts you are trying to present. Find me a Christian that does not believe in the ten commandments and I will show you a man who is not a Christian. Anyone who follows the ten commandments and loves thy neighbor will not be a bad person.

In addition, you don't even need to BE a Christian to be a good person, if you are an atheist and worship nothing but still stick to the applicable commandments (murder, theft, jealously, etc etc) you will still be a good person without believing in God because they are doing so without a feeling of Omnipotent watchfulness.
    First of all. The Ten Commandments aren't at the front of this debate. There is an entire book of Laws not just the commandments. Secondly, Christians generally claim that they do not have to follow the old testament because of Jesus. This is not true even according to Jesus. Exodus through Deuteronomy still exists and is supposed to be held.

This is the same conflict taking place in the world of Islam currently as well as the in house fighting becoming more known with the Hasidic Jew violence.

This is the problem I have with the term "racism" as it isn't really used correctly or to the proper extent. We label "assholes" and "ignorant" people "racist" because they say a dick thing. That's not racism. Burning or stoning someone alive who you feel is different and or under some since of moral authority... that's racism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because racism thrives on ignorance and close mindedness. These are not good qualities unless you're religious.

Quote Originally Posted by The EagleOwl Mage View Post
    Because racism thrives on ignorance and close mindedness. These are not good qualities unless you're religious.
    I hate to be "that guy" but this is a pretty valid point. It doesn't mean that everyone who is religious is a racist but the requirements are pretty identical down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    First of all. The Ten Commandments aren't at the front of this debate. There is an entire book of Laws not just the commandments. Secondly, Christians generally claim that they do not have to follow the old testament because of Jesus. This is not true even according to Jesus. Exodus through Deuteronomy still exists and is supposed to be held.

This is the same conflict taking place in the world of Islam currently as well as the in house fighting becoming more known with the Hasidic Jew violence.

This is the problem I have with the term "racism" as it isn't really used correctly or to the proper extent. We label "assholes" and "ignorant" people "racist" because they say a dick thing. That's not racism. Burning or stoning someone alive who you feel is different and or under some since of moral authority... that's racism.
    Jesus changed the game but didn't rewrite history.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

Deleted
    Not really relevant to on-going discussion but my two cents;

We live in a world where if you pre-fix c**t with tall, fat, ugly or stupid, people are outraged you called them a c**t.

But pre-fix it with black and you're a racist, the worst part is 5 minutes in they probably couldn't even remember you called them a c**t.

Racism stole a perfectly valid descriptive word from the world, but it's the people who will not let us have it back.

i take one look at the news after some cartoon "scandal" and i see how they react. You know of who i speak.
    warp field to weaken its armor, let it close, then tech armor! - Turian hipster

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    I've done the forums things before on other sites and usually somewhere along the lines somebody will try to label me a racist. Over the years I've grown to accept it (dont really think I am though). I've never hurt somebody over race, hell I still hold a door open for somebody other than my race, I treat them absolutely the same irl but I am a lot more wary of some races compared to others. I guess what it stems down to is being a realist that acknowledges some races are prone to violence, drugs, and general mayhem. Don't really know what I'm trying to get out of this but I'm tired of others thinking racist people are bad. There is many degrees of racism, please don't lump all of us together and dismiss an individual so easily because he/she doesn't think like you.
    You seem to be very ill-informed on these topics since all I see is weak generalizations, and nothing to back it up.

This is racism, and I sincerely hope you'll start to look at these things differently soon.

Also, it's kinda hard not to dismiss you so easily, and that's not because you think different, but because you're simply put prejudiced, and ill-informed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    The point is that you don't know who actually is racist just by their public opinions.
    But, you do know they are racist, because if you didn't know, you are simply assuming. If it's not their public opinion, how do you know it? If they can behave like they are not racist, what's the problem? As wrong as I might find it, opinions are free to anyone. Unless those opinions are made public, there is nothing to ridicule.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Rabbit View Post
    You seem to be very ill-informed on these topics since all I see is weak generalizations, and nothing to back it up.

This is racism, and I sincerely hope you'll start to look at these things differently soon.

Also, it's kinda hard not to dismiss you so easily, and that's not because you think different, but because you're simply put prejudiced, and ill-informed.
    I don't completely disagree with you, but you're not helpful in the least.

Someone who you disagree with reaches out in a fairly reasonable way and instead of discussing their viewpoint with them, you insult them and tell them they are stupid in no uncertain terms without offering anything in the way of the statistics or figures you seem to value so highly.

I think the OP isn't the only one with something to learn.
    -Darsithis

Quote Originally Posted by Steelcapped View Post
    Multiculturalism is infact RACIST, as they promote assimilation, racemixing and affirmative action...
    wtf?

Racemixing is racist? The stupid it burns.

Racisme should be re-named to generalising.

I generalise and put muslims inn the same bucket. Don't care what other thinks. They are the main integration problem inn atleast Denmark, they will never be a postive side to our country.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post
    Not that I completely disagree with you, but if you're going to cite facts, make sure your facts are right because in this case, you are quite incorrect.
    "Firearm homicide is the leading cause of death for African Americans ages 1-44.1
    [snip]

No where did I say anything about gun related homicides, the op's original statement and my response was in terms of any particular "race" preferring guns, the gun control discussion going on in America in response to the recent mass shootings should provide some insight that preferring guns is not limited to any race.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    But, you do know they are racist, because if you didn't know, you are simply assuming. If it's not their public opinion, how do you know it? If they can behave like they are not racist, what's the problem? As wrong as I might find it, opinions are free to anyone. Unless those opinions are made public, there is nothing to ridicule.
    I happen to know that these people are racist because I'm close to them. Most of the people they interact with have no fucking clue.

And I do think it's worrying if people are just pretending not to be racist, but actually are. When faced with a difficult situation their facade might drop and someone will be hurt, or when they just exercise their racism privately.

Like when you publically seem quite fine with the relationship of your child with a black person, but in private use all sorts of dirty tactics to pressure the black person out of the relationship due to racism.
    Last edited by mmoc43ae88f2b9; 2013-01-27 at 07:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    Racisme should be re-named to generalising.
    Yeah because you don't want to be called a name that makes you look like a bigot, even if you actually are. If you're going to hate then grow some balls and do it properly. Where have all the good ol' racists gone? The one's who were atleast honest about their stupid views, these days everyone's a pussy.
    Last edited by zorkuus; 2013-01-27 at 07:22 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Everyone a racist deep down even if they don't admit it.
    No. I do not hate on other races. I treat people the same untill they deserve to be treaten worse or better, whether said person is white, black, asian or whatever other race/colour.

Yeah it's a big deal, you're dumb as fuck if you believe you can judge someone's character by the colour of their skin.