Page 20 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    I've done the forums things before on other sites and usually somewhere along the lines somebody will try to label me a racist. Over the years I've grown to accept it (dont really think I am though). I've never hurt somebody over race, hell I still hold a door open for somebody other than my race, I treat them absolutely the same irl but I am a lot more wary of some races compared to others. I guess what it stems down to is being a realist that acknowledges some races are prone to violence, drugs, and general mayhem. Don't really know what I'm trying to get out of this but I'm tired of others thinking racist people are bad. There is many degrees of racism, please don't lump all of us together and dismiss an individual so easily because he/she doesn't think like you.
    I totally agree with you. I don't think anyone with half a brain could disagree certain races are more prone to murder just as some are more prone to pedophilia, etc. Sadly, my race is more prone to pedophilia than murder.

---------- Post added 2013-01-27 at 05:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ninaran View Post
    Oh, not as bad, don't get me wrong. But it takes a special kind of person to nuke innocents.
    Not really, everyone can do it. You just match some codes, turn a key and push a button.

---------- Post added 2013-01-27 at 05:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by -Zait- View Post
    Being racist is a big deal. It means you view other races below you or above you because of the color of their skin or where they're from. This is idiotic and ignorant. And when you say "Some races are more prone to violence, drugs, or general mayhem", you're completely wrong. That's because of issues of the society they live in; Are they employed? Are they living in a ghetto? What's their home life like? What's their income? Are they poor, middle class, or wealthy? Are they in school and if so are there options for doing things outside of school like sports? Etc. It has nothing to do with race.

If I cut you open and looked at your insides you'd be nearly exactly same as someone who was born somewhere else and has a different skin color than you.
    You're point really makes no sense. Sure you can cut me open and my organs will look just like someone whos brown, black or white. African americans are more prone to murder than white people, in almost any area of the US. Whites are more prone to pedophilia than black or brown people. Drugs are split evenly I believe. As is robbery.

I can guarantee you if you do a little research you will CLEARLY see a disproportionate level of different crimes done by different races.
    Last edited by alturic; 2013-01-27 at 10:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I'd go with Japanese, but you could make a case for a lot of different groups.
    Because of the foot binding right? or gun powder?

It is just odd how people want to place being violent on one group of people but wish to remind ignorant of the violent things their own group of people have done. Racism is not about protecting yourself from harmful elements because some of those same elements or worst are in your group. A group of black kids is no worst than a group of white kids both groups could do nothing or could go wild. I avoid all groups of teens or young males (some females depending) in general because I am scary like that, not because of race.

Two nukes on cities full of civilians put the US right in there as well imo.
    I think that had more to do with Pearl Harbor than just "Lets nuke some civilians" and more of "An eye for an eye".
    Last edited by Ebildays; 2013-01-27 at 11:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebildays View Post
    Because of the foot binding right? or gun powder?
    Rape of Nanking, Unit 731, and other WW2 atrocities.

It is just odd how people want to place being violent on one group of people but wish to remind ignorant of the violent things their own group of people have done. Racism is not about protecting yourself from harmful elements because some of those same elements or worst are in your group. A group of black kids is no worst than a group of white kids both groups could do nothing or could go wild. I avoid all groups of teens or young males (some females depending) in general because I am scary like that, not because of race.
    I agree that avoiding groups of kids is generally a good idea, regardless of race. Juvenile males don't have the best track record of behaving like decent people, especially when in groups.

Rape of Nanking, Unit 731, and other WW2 atrocities.

I agree that avoiding groups of kids is generally a good idea, regardless of race. Juvenile males don't have the best track record of behaving like decent people, especially when in groups.
    I don't know the US has done much of the same in regards to the treatment of Native Americans in "breed out programs", small pox blankets, or worst making scalping into something they did when it was the government that started it. Then you have the Tuskegee syphilis study which ended in 1972. And the whole of Vietnam War from the people of Vietnam to our own soldiers.

But the US is no different than any other country because all countries have their dark pasts.

Oh, and white people like the murdering too but I will take being called a murder over a pedophile any day.

Finding a particular ethnic group ugly, not getting along well with foreigners, not appreciating certain cultural traits, these are just natural. If you believe a nation to be "smarter and more honourable" than others, reason for a criminal/fanatic mind may lie in the invidual's ancestry, or your nation holds the right to endanger and feed on other civilizations to ensure its superior political stasus, that's what we should be worrying about.

I'm a guy with Turkish, Kurdish, Greek and Crimean ancestry. I look like a typical Turkmen with a middle-eastern influence on my face, due to the Kurdish side. I'm sure some Americans would find my appearance repulsing, as I don't appreciate some of their cultural elements. I have always preferred Slavic women, still dating one. Here to say that, being aware of physical and cultural differences between certain ethnic groups and having preferences are just natural, insulting those differences and deceiving yourself with dreams of superiority, that is one of the lowest points we as a species ever reached.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    I totally agree with you. I don't think anyone with half a brain could disagree certain races are more prone to murder just as some are more prone to pedophilia, etc. Sadly, my race is more prone to pedophilia than murder.

---------- Post added 2013-01-27 at 05:54 PM ----------

Not really, everyone can do it. You just match some codes, turn a key and push a button.

---------- Post added 2013-01-27 at 05:57 PM ----------

You're point really makes no sense. Sure you can cut me open and my organs will look just like someone whos brown, black or white. African americans are more prone to murder than white people, in almost any area of the US. Whites are more prone to pedophilia than black or brown people. Drugs are split evenly I believe. As is robbery.

I can guarantee you if you do a little research you will CLEARLY see a disproportionate level of different crimes done by different races.
    Yeah but it's not because they're that race. It's because of issues within society. Someone being black doesn't mean that they're genetically more likely to go to jail, but the highest percentage of people in jail in the United States are black. That's because of American society and it's social issues, not their skin color. Someone being Asian doesn't mean that they're genetically really good at academics, it's just because of their culture. I could go on but surely you get the point. Social issues and society dictate the stereotypes of different races and the statistics of them, not their genetics.

-I'm a racist
    -Stop judging me
    Lolwut?

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, not as bad, don't get me wrong. But it takes a special kind of person to nuke innocents.
    I wonder what the number of casualties would of been had we invaded Japan. Mass civilian suicides (better than the evil U.S. Marines to get a hold of you), wave after wave of banzai attacks. Starvation, disease.

There's almost no terror attacks in the US at all, the ones that do happen are a weird scattering of various types.

There's no such thing as "terrorism" in active warzones, that's just a term that's used to make enemies look bad. If a US soldier in Afghanistan is killed, that's not terrorism, it's war.
    We have a war on terror and were fighting it in the middle east, give me a few mins to put this together.

What about positive racism? Is that bad? When an Asian guy applies for an IT/Finance possition is it bad to assume he is better prepared for the job then a white guy?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vastx View Post
    I wonder what the number of casualties would of been had we invaded Japan. Mass civilian suicides (better than the evil U.S. Marines to get a hold of you), wave after wave of banzai attacks. Starvation, disease.
    Sorry, there's no way you can justify nuking cities in my eyes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    What about positive racism? Is that bad? When an Asian guy applies for an IT/Finance possition is it bad to assume he is better prepared for the job then a white guy?
    Still bad, and terribly lazy from an HR perspsective.

---------- Post added 2013-01-27 at 04:12 PM ----------

Sorry, there's no way you can justify nuking cities in my eyes.
    When the alternative would have been ground casualties in the millions, as following the projections of the invasion of Japan proper, I'd say the nukes were a clean alternative.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by vastx View Post
    IIRC, it was estimated over 1,000,000 Allied forces.

People despise certain cultures and sub cultures. It just happens that most of the individuals in these categories turn out to be a racial majority. People throw out the racist card all the time because they enjoy the superiority they feel from not being racist. Depending on where you grew up you've seen people gravitate to certain races outside of their own, because it's somehow cool to have Black/Asian/Mexican/White friends, and you get to throw out the "I'm not a racist so I am better than you" card. It's not bad to have prejudgments about people, because they are so often correct. It is only bad if you are unwilling to change your mind about an individual after a conversation with them. Most of the times, however, they justify your prejudices and it doesn't change a thing. Every now and then you find a rarity and that is always welcome.

There's no such thing as positive racism. By assuming the Asian guy is better prepared, you negatively impact the Caucasian guy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzalix View Post
    Racism goes hand in hand with ignorance, and I really can't stand ignorant people.
    I know that I'm necro'ing by quoting something from the first page, but I really enjoyed this comment because it's an ignorant statement in itself.

''I can't stand ignorant people.'' - Roughly translates into ''I'm either omnipotent or loathe myself''

xD

PS: Use 'ignoramus' next time buddy. That's the term for someone who's DELIBERATELY ignorant.

PPS: I'm not attracted to Eskimos or women of middle-eastern or African descent. Does that make me racist? :P
    Last edited by mmoc1ea225bcc9; 2013-01-28 at 12:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I admit I am culturally racist. I believe Western Civilization is superior to others and should be the paradigm towards which others aspire. So sue me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    i really dont see a problem with someone being a racist as long as they dont take it to extreme levels or publicize their beliefs and thoughts to an extreme level. i mean in the US we're supposed to be a free nation. people, in my opinion, are well within their rights to dislike a certain race, do i agree with it? no not at all but who am i to tell someone what to believe and not to believe.

in the end, i believe that at some level everyone has a little racism in them. i dont consider myself racist at all, being in the army i have friends with just about as many races as i can think, however i can honestly say that i have had moments when im in a store and i see someone (doesnt matter if their white,black, brown, yellow) and i think to myself "wow theres a reall winner" i think its just enevitable to be honest

just my .02

Yup, it is bad because the white guy could be better. It is not that Asian people are born being good at math and science, it is that their society values education more than over here in the US. So because it is valued more they are encouraged to work harder at it making them better at it. It works out good for the Asian because he gets a leg up just for being Asian but it may not be good for the company that hired him because he maybe was not the best choice. And it is not good at all for the white guy because he missed out on a job because of the color of his skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    I admit I am culturally racist. I believe Western Civilization is superior to others and should be the paradigm towards which others aspire. So sue me.
    Kinda depends on what you're talking about.
    Yup, it is bad because the white guy could be better. It is not that Asian people are born being good at math and science, it is that their society values education more than over here in the US. So because it is valued more they are encouraged to work harder at it making them better at it. It works out good for the Asian because he gets a leg up just for being Asian but it may not be good for the company that hired him because he maybe was not the best choice. And it is not good at all for the white guy because he missed out on a job because of the color of his skin.
    It's further propagated by selection bias. People overseas generally need a certain level of wealth to emigrate to America, and more wealthy usually means more educated.