Page 41 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebildays View Post
    Ah, I did not even think about it being redundant but then again I am black so not thinking should be a given.

I am so using being black as a reason to say crazy stuff on the boards and get away with it.
    I am so getting melanin shots and tan the hell out of myself. Sign me up!
    Though I was unaware that melanin made someone thoughtless.
    That kind of sucks, because I have a high amount of melanin to start off with, which, in specific races (see whut I did thar?) of caucasoids, causes freckles. Yups; people with lots of freckles are pretty much black. :P
    So hey! There's my excuse for crazy stuff, right there!

Or we could just accept the very fact that melanin levels have no impact on the brains.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivyr View Post
    I find the whole concept of racism to be a double standard. If I as a white person say something it is racist but if my friend Tonya where to insult my race, being a black lady it would be ok.

When a black person tells you its like a club and all white people are excluded, its a bit fucked up lol.

But is being racist a big deal? Not really. It is no different than haveing a dislike for a fast food chain or a type of animal. The big deal is how you choose to act on your thoughts and feelings. My dad is a racist man, but he does not run around comitting hate crimes. He just chooses not to associate with blacks and hispanics. He will deal with them on a day to day basis at work or the store but he is professional about it. Says what needs to be said Hi, Bye, Thank you and leaves it at that. I will admit that even I am a little racist but I dont let it keep me from extending common curticey to people. If you come to my store I will help you in every way I can but due to the demographic statistics on theft and shoplifitng in my town, I will keep a better eye on people of certain minorities but I do not consider that racist, just a habbit based off of proven statisitics of my area.

But to sum it all up, being racist is only an issue if you let it control your actions and said actions bring harm/distress to an individual.

There are always double standards for why one portions of society gets away with certain things and another doesn't. It is wrong, but it is better to come at it from the stand point racism, or any kind of bigotry based on no knowledge other than quick prejudice.

We are all guilty of that, but this reverse racism, or anti racism is BS. it's racism if you apply the belief to anyone that could include ones own race.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Race is one of a slew of criteria by which someone can be judged. Sex, income and education level, physical appearance are a few more. I think race stands aloof of the others because of the way blacks were treated in the US in recent history, and because racism is largely the result of ignorance.

What do I mean by this? - that our brains attempt to categorize a person we know little about by using information associated with the characteristics that person bears, acquired from learning and experience.
    If we have had many bad experiences with wealthy individuals, our tendency to favor them when our relationship with them is superficial wanes.
    This can be applied to any criterion I listed and to a great many more. If I regularly see sports fans from country X resorting to hooliganism and barroom brawls, or even wearing their hair in a way inapposite to my own tastes, I develop a proclivity to cast a spiteful eye towards any individual from that group or schema my mind has created or expanded, prior to any more immediate acquaintance.

It's what the human mind does to make sense of the world - build patterns.

Some premature judgment is only natural - but its fermentation should be curtailed by being kept, to whatever extent possible, inside our heads: outward expression of it is the materialization of our own nescience.

Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    I am so getting melanin shots and tan the hell out of myself. Sign me up!
    Though I was unaware that melanin made someone thoughtless.
    That kind of sucks, because I have a high amount of melanin to start off with, which, in specific races (see whut I did thar?) of caucasoids, causes freckles. Yups; people with lots of freckles are pretty much black. :P
    So hey! There's my excuse for crazy stuff, right there!

Or we could just accept the very fact that melanin levels have no impact on the brains.
    No, fair!
    You have to stay apart of the evilz white race. *stamps colored people appication denied and sends away with Justin Bieber cd*

Listen don't try and mess up my good thing with reason on here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by seta-san View Post
    well. we can always take real life evidence. The evidence points to black people being failures at all levels, in all places of the world. I'll give examples

Black people are more likely to be in prison
    Black familiese are horribly broken
    Black neighborhoods are filled with crime
    Black cities inherit all the problems of black neighborhoods as well as having broken city budgets (look at Detroit)
    Black countries are crap. Countries that were prospering under colonialism or apartheid are breaking down to extreme forms of poverty without their white benefactors.

The fact is, is that black people prosper no-where on this earth. Racism or colonialism isn't sufficient to explain this because other countries that were also colonized and have non-white populations are prospering in their own way.
    You may want to watch the movie "Cry Freedom".
    If black people don't prosper at all, how come the USA's current president is black? How come the former secretary of defense was black? How come Tyler Perry is considered a entertainment mogul, yet he is black? How come Dr Dre was the most grossing artist in 2012, even tho he is black?
    Might as well NOT have to do with color.. Color is a hindering, it's a road block thrown into these people's way.
    Give them the same opportunities and rights, and they prosper as much as any other color.
    Use the red colored people for example. Look at their struggle. They've been crushed. They once owned the entire territory called the USA today. They've owned all the riches in that territory. All the gold, all the silver was theirs. Taken from them. The US govt still today owns millions to the Indian nation for taking the Blackrock Mountains unlawfully even. Which leads me to another movie you should watch "My Heart Is Buried At Wounded Knee".
    If you watched both these movies, and you come back and still want to hold up with your claims, then we can discuss deeper...
    Both these movies showcase through RL events how much racism plays a role in the overall performance and prosperity of said colors.
    Just because I'm white doesn't mean I need to be delusional and deny the truth. That would be essentially the same as denying the holocaust.

Deleted
    Its quite interesting how much Internet-hatred has evolved.

Before i tried to hide that i play a blood elf male in TBC because i would get alot of hate messages.

Now, i have to hide my race.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by naturetauren View Post
    Its quite interesting how much Internet-hatred has evolved.

Before i tried to hide that i play a blood elf male in TBC because i would get alot of hate messages.

Now, i have to hide my race.
    Why would you hide either? No sane person would attack you for playing a Blood Elf. Even higher skilled players play them since their racial - Arcane Torrent - is a very viable option for some classes. It's essentially a free mana or rune power/energy potion. And a nice AOE silence, which can be handy in PVP situations as well.
    Even less would a decent person attack you for your color.

Deleted
    Before WOTLK factions used to hate eachother, atleast in the EU. Blood elves didnt fit in horde they said so they did everything to discriminate us. It might sound stupid but thats how it is. Pretty much like in sports. Two teams can hate eachother for real.

Yeah you could say that i should ignore these guys but they are so many id rather just hide my race, act as white as possible and enjoy the net. Its not that kind of a big deal for me. I dont have this problem IRL anyways and thanks to the hatred in the Internet i choose to enjoy IRL more and it actually feels great. I used to sit alot and chat but now im doing my own stuffs IRL while my friends are sitting home so i have to say thanks to the haters.
    Last edited by mmoc664e732ce0; 2013-01-29 at 09:17 PM.

Yeah you could say that i should ignore these guys but they are so many id rather just hide my race, act as white as possible and enjoy the net.
    Not too relevant to topic though I am still curious: What's acting white like? Do you naturally act like a particular race otherwise? What does your race act like?
    their moving their table over their
    they're moving they're table over they're
    there moving there table over there

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    I've done the forums things before on other sites and usually somewhere along the lines somebody will try to label me a racist. Over the years I've grown to accept it (dont really think I am though). I've never hurt somebody over race, hell I still hold a door open for somebody other than my race, I treat them absolutely the same irl but I am a lot more wary of some races compared to others. I guess what it stems down to is being a realist that acknowledges some races are prone to violence, drugs, and general mayhem. Don't really know what I'm trying to get out of this but I'm tired of others thinking racist people are bad. There is many degrees of racism, please don't lump all of us together and dismiss an individual so easily because he/she doesn't think like you.
    Yes there is a problem with being a Racist, it hurts the person who is racist the most. For starters there is not a single thing different between any two humans genetically. This means all the things you attribute to race are actually cultural adaptations and not based on race at all. There was a time when White males over 6 feet tall where considered violent drunkards who would rape and murder people randomly. Once Nordic culture died out the Nordic people became some of the most civil people on the planet.

The tenancy towards violence and drugs you perceive is based on the cultural adaptations which happened because one society was overwhelmingly dominate and would purposely kept the other cultures poor and imprisoned, this lead to the cultural adaptation of if we are going to jail for no reason, and we are poor, lets do something worth going to jail for, and maybe we can get more wealth.

Remember my comment about Nordics being violent and drunk? Well it was because of harsh winters and poor growing season that caused the Nordics to resort to a raid mentality. Right now the world really likes to pick on two ethnic groups and the regions they come from, so this is why there is a disproportional amount of Violence and criminal behavior coming from them.

I should also point out something else. In the early dark ages two very different groups were forced to migrate into Europe, the Hebrews and the Romany, both were treated very poorly and were considered inferior criminal groups. the two groups responded differently based on religious culture, however both were still seen during the majority of European history as outlaw peoples. The Hebrews tried to shut out everyone else, and the Romany started to act as they were accused.

The ironical part of this is that Romany and Jews got along just fine, and even inter married at times. Today no one would think a Jew is a savage willing to do drugs and live a criminal life, however the Romany are all considered criminals in Europe. However when they move to the United States, they find our culture accepts them and they end up living very differently here. Since in the US we call Romany Gypsies, and we pay them good money to read cards, and give dating advice.

Genetics is no reason to hate someone.And if you think a culture is failing because of a response to oppression than maybe you should look at how you made them in to what they are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Racism is ridiculous and idiotic. As is being intolerant of homosexuals, or women or any group.

However, I find some of these movements actions just as ridiculous and idiotic. I.e suing Friends for not having a "black" friend or campaigning that there MUST be a gay character in Mass Effect, even though the story doesn't call for it and they feel completely shoehorned in for the sake of it. Arrow is my favorite TV show at the moment and I hear that is under attack for not having a gay character, so we'll have yet another generic badly written homosexual character on television as opposed to one who is well written, deep, complex and actually fits in to the story. As a woman, the feminist movement embarrasses me every time I hear about them. These groups do more to cause problems than fix them imo.

I mean, every other week in the UK someone is arrested for racism, and a lot of the time the offence doesn't actually seem racist. If I say I think the society of black lawyers suing friends is ridiculous, does that make me racist? Some would think so. And whats up with "society of black lawyers" and "nursery - black children priority". Surely this is racist in itself? I think the world is getting a bit too liberal.
    Last edited by Brittany; 2013-01-29 at 10:03 PM.

There are black men, and there are niggers. The problem is many whites forget that the former exists, and they mistakenly believe that all black people are the latter.

Some people try to use pseudo-science to explain blacks being inferior to whites or asians, but the fact is the problems are more socio-economic than based on race. You have people growing up in poor neighborhoods, going to underfunded schools, growing up in a single-parent households and seeing violence and drugs everyday on the street.It's not a coincidence they are more prone to crime than people who grow up in better environments.

related video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFWLkCnT50s

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wow2011 View Post
    Not too relevant to topic though I am still curious: What's acting white like? Do you naturally act like a particular race otherwise? What does your race act like?
    "Acting white" sounds kind of stupid, i have to find a new word because i dont really mean anything bad.

I mean if you keep your race for yourself and act normal, noone will question you until they see that you are a race they dont like in many websites around the internet.

I dont know what you can call my race. Mixed might be the best word, IDK. My ancestors are scandinavians but we moved to a country and lived there for hundreds of years. But from my country are the usual immigrants that gets picked on because they are "criminal". Its just a few but hate sites makes it look like everyone is like that and that makes the whole Internet be against them.

Maybe thats why "sane" people are getting more sensitive in the net and calls everyone racist for saying something "bad". Yeah even they are sometimes too much making people wonder if they are racists or not.

Well im off to sleep, work tomorrow, night-night.
    Last edited by mmoc664e732ce0; 2013-01-29 at 10:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe thats why "sane" people are getting more sensitive in the net
    A lot of regular joe public who have no hate for anyone are getting fed up with the liberal circus. A lot of things the people claiming to represent minority groups are doing simply serve to give more fuel. I would argue that many black lawyers and protesters are finding racism where there is none and deliberately engineering conflict, because if racism were truly ever to be dead and buried, they'd be out of work/profit.

Same with all equal rights groups. Look at the gay olympics. Why would a group who claim purely to want fairness and equality, not to stand out, not to be different, want to have their own olympics? I think they are being misrepresentated. Most of my gay friends don't want one. Why not share the same olympics as everyone else? Why do minorities insist on having their own clubs where others are excluded, while campaigning against being excluded from others? These groups really need to realise tolerance, respect, fairness, equality, it's a two way street. You cannot have "black priority" schools, then complain if someone dare make a "white priority" one.
    Last edited by Brittany; 2013-01-29 at 10:16 PM.

"Acting white" sounds kind of stupid, i have to find a new word because i dont really mean anything bad.

I mean if you keep your race for yourself and act normal, noone will question you until they see that you are a race they dont like in many websites around the internet.

I dont know what you can call my race. Mixed might be the best word, IDK. My ancestors are scandinavians but we moved to a country and lived there for hundreds of years. But from my country are the usual immigrants that gets picked on because they are "criminal". Its just a few but hate sites makes it look like everyone is like that and that makes the whole Internet be against them.

Maybe thats why "sane" people are getting more sensitive in the net and calls everyone racist for saying something "bad". Yeah even they are sometimes too much making people wonder if they are racists or not.

Well im off to sleep, work tomorrow, night-night.
    I think a better word would be assimilated. Generally people do not tolerate conflicting cultures and you need to be assimilated so you are accepted into the general society. If I act like I used to act back where I am from then it will be rather difficult to make friends in the States. Important thing to keep in mind is to be proud of your culture and history yet still being properly assimilated. It is absolutely ok to act like everyone else.
    their moving their table over their
    they're moving they're table over they're
    there moving there table over there

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Treating people different due to their race is stupid.
    Acting like there's no such thing as overrepresentation (in crime, etc) is stupid.
    Acting like those overrepresentations is due to genes is f**king stupid.

But when it becomes taboo to discuss why "minorities" are overrepresented, and politicians put their heads in the sand, that's when "racism" becomes an issue. Racist because they refuse to see reality.

And then we have swedish media who censors pictures and names of anyone who isn't white.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    If you go on the streets and preach "death to blacks" then your a racist.
    I agree. Please share more of these insights.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JW1984BE View Post
    I agree. Please share more of these insights.
    I'd rather preach death to whites. They stain so easily and I hate the smell of bleach.

Wait, we aren't talking about laundry?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    I'd rather preach death to whites. They stain so easily and I hate the smell of bleach.

Well, technically laundry is racist because you have to separate the colored clothes from the white clothes.

As far as I noticed, you're racist only if you're white. Calling someone "cracker" while being anything but white seems widely accepted and doesn't count as being racist. Also the wide acceptance of black power and the likes. Yeah, those calling out on racism tend to be by default hypocrites because they wouldn't even notice what I just mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post

This guy kinda proves my point.