Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    You do notice this is for tanking in Feral DPS spec as it states at the top? Mastery does nothing defensively in this spec.
    Incarnation does nothing for this as it is only active in cat form in feral spec.
    Typhoon I prefer hugely for roof kiting.
    "Pressure" as a tank? PvP power as a tank? Why would you need this when 98% of the game you are kiting? If you're using your tank set and DPS set as the same set, then fair enough. But otherwise, why?

And yes I seen the resilience scaling thread, but stamina seems to scale better with our abilities as stated above so I'm taking it over that.
    Last edited by Krusza; 2013-06-10 at 06:29 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I know Mastery does nothing defensive as Feral, but I'd rather see increased damage in Lacerate, Thrash and Pounce than gaining the extra dodge which is seriously next to nothing. Incarnation can also be used as 2-3 Vanishes in 30 seconds and additional stuns.

I also said Typhoon was better anyway, I just mentioned you said Mass Entanglement has a 2 minute CD, which is 30 seconds.

Moreover, if PvP Power doesn't matter, go and drop your PvP weapon for a PvE one. The PvE one will provide you with more stamina due to the gemslot as well, but the big amount of PvP Power on the PvP weapon beats that any time. So yes, PvP Power as tank. You can't say it's completely useless. Anyway --> Not the point. Again I said I'd go for the PvE set bonus too. However, this isn't a fixed thing. It's all in line with your playstyle. I've seen semi-offensively played RBG tanks contribute far more than fully defensively played tanks.

Lastly, I'd definitely go for full stamina currently as well. However, I was simply informing you that the information given isn't right nor complete...just a tip

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I never see any tanks play offensively, especially this patch, it's just not worth it. This is why i find mastery to be useless, I know dodge is practically useless, but it's the only defensive stat we can reforge, like i said.

I was thinking of going for PVE weapon but I can't be bothered farming raids for more items

And yes I forgot to update the mass entanglement CD when it got changed.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you actually want a PvE weapon, you'll just have to do the 4 latest LFR raids and get one of the three available weapons. You'll practically 100% sure have one in 2-3 weeks, if you're unlucky.

Anyway, this will result in the following:

PvE weapon = 240 stamina vs. PvP weapon = ~15% more damage done vs. PvP targets.

Obvious choice. You should NEVER go for the PvE weapon, even as tank.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see why you think you need damage as a tank in RBG. The only time I ever actually dps someone is if it is 1 person on me on 0-1 stacks. Why would you go offensive and make your healers use MORE mana trying to keep you up and waste globals.

If you are far back the whole game, it forces THEM to push THROUGH to get you, which also takes pressure of mid, which makes it easier for your team to win the fight.

If you actually sit there in mid stacking lacerates I don't even know
    Last edited by Krusza; 2013-06-10 at 09:57 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Again, never said you need damage as RBG tank. I said 15% more damage dealt > 240 stamina, even as tank. Always. It's just such a HUGE difference.

And, as far as Dodge goes, it's just not worth it in my opinion. I can't remember the exact number of dodge that I gained when I tried it recently, but it can safely be refered to as shit. Or no, shit is actually quite good compared to dodge.

Anyway, I can still see the point in going for Dodge. Just not in dropping the PvP weapon for a PvE weapon, ever.