Looking for a new VGA-card

So I am looking to upgrade my VGA-card. But honestly have no idea on which would be good enough, worth the money, would fit in without changing too much.
    So this is my setup:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz
    8GB RAM
    GeForce GT 545

(I think more information would be needed, but I am such a failer in how to search for everything)
    So I am looking for advice for what card would be a great upgrade, without changing too much about my computer. My Budget lies around €400,-. I am prepared to pay slightly more, not too much. Any advice for this poor little fella?

What is the wattage, brand and model of your power supply?

I would go for a gtx 670 at that price range
    You Can't C Me!!

I would also go for a GTX 670, specifically the Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670 WindForce 3X. It has excellent reviews.
    If you want AMD, you'll be looking at the 7970, or 7950. I can't really recommend a specific one there though.

Also, you shouldn't have to change anything. Depending on your motherboard, it might not have PCI-E 3, but it will still work perfectly. Some would argue you wouldn't see much of a performance boost with a PCI-E 3 motherboard anyway, but I can't comment on that.
    Last edited by Incognito Noctix; 2013-01-27 at 04:34 PM.
    i5 2500K | MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600MHz

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito Noctix View Post
    I would also go for a GTX 670, specifically the Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670 WindForce 3X. It has excellent reviews.
    If you want AMD, you'll be looking at the 7970, or 7950. I can't really recommend a specific one there though.

Also, you shouldn't have to change anything. Depending on your motherboard, it might not have PCI-E 3, but it will still work perfectly. Some would argue you wouldn't see much of a performance boost with a PCI-E 3 motherboard anyway, but I can't comment on that.
    Thanks, but I'd like to stick to NVidia, so I will go for the GTX 670.

So that PCI-E 3 is not something to worry about?

Quote Originally Posted by Gereorth666 View Post
    Thanks, but I'd like to stick to NVidia, so I will go for the GTX 670.

So that PCI-E 3 is not something to worry about?
    No it's not at you will be fine with pci-e 2
    You Can't C Me!!

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah if your wanting to go with Nvidia then get the 670 I would suggest anything from Asus, Gigabyte, EVGA, or MSI.

Thanks everyone for the kind help!