Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Lei Shen voice audio

Hey everyone, is it me or his voice and accent seems more of a Troll race instead of a mogu?

Discuss please.

Kinda disappointed if I am honest, wanted him to sound somewhat more epic.. Does sound like a bit of a Troll race voice though, added with a little chinese accent or something.. I dunno >.>
    Last edited by Relis; 2013-01-26 at 10:46 PM.

Me and my brother argued this today. Sounds like a Pandaren with a megaphone, I'm almost expecting the Scooby-Doo guys to come and tear a mask off, only to reveal Zhi the Harmonous or something. Very dissapointed, as it takes A LOT away from Lei Shen's badassness factor.

"Oooh, great regacy of our peoper."

Be more stereotypically Chinese-y, Blizzard.

A little over the top cheesy, but all of the mogu have sounded like that. So I guess it fits with their ultimate ruler.

It doesn't sound any cheesier than the majority of the bosses we've got in WoW. At least the borderline-offensive accent is fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    "Oooh, great regacy of our peoper."

Be more stereotypically Chinese-y, Blizzard.

A little over the top cheesy, but all of the mogu have sounded like that. So I guess it fits with their ultimate ruler.

I disagree to be honest not all the Mogu are like that.. check this.

This is the Mogu accent for me.
    Last edited by Velshin; 2013-01-26 at 10:58 PM.

Take a stereotypical chinese voice and try to make it sound 'serious' and you will have my smile before he stops laughing.

Yeah, not deep enough.

I like that he brags about slaying gods though, you kinda get the vibe that he probably DID kill a few in his heyday, not unlike the players.
    You are now future Jack Noir.

Presently, you are trapped in a single moment, which increasingly feels like an eternity. Your boredom is surpassed only by your all consuming rage and contempt for existence itself.

Lol he almost comes across as having a Russian accent or something. He sounds more hilarious than he does epic

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    This is the Mogu accent for me.
    Lei Shen's not quite as deep and more echo-y. No difference in terms of accent, far as I can hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Darillyn View Post
    Lol he almost comes across as having a Russian accent or something.
    This is exactly what it sounded like to me too, wow Blizz wow.

5069-5224-8275 Pokemon Friend Safari - Ice: Lapras / Snorunt / Sneasel

Sounds like a Khan to me. Isn't that what they were going for? Mogu/Mongol. Yaungol/Mongol. They sure have a lot of Mongols in Pandaria..
    Proud defender of Animal Rights, vegetarian, donor + volunteer
    "It is a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done" - Harriet Beecher Stowe

Has the same voice as the asians in south park....

Fuck yeah. Sounds awesome!
    Perfect example of why "community" forums are poisonous to the health of a development team. These developers are wasting hundreds of hours trying to stem the tide of incessant bitchery that would never, ever abate so long as these entitled, unfortunate human beings don't get their way.

I like his ''Echo'' effect a lot.

Well, the Mogu are certainly a one-dimensional, big-bad race right down to their king, but I do love the stereotypical Asian accent.
    "Can your blood atone for genocide, orc? Your Horde killed countless innocents with its rampage across Stormwind and Lordaeron. Do you really think you can just sweep all that away and cast aside your guilt so easily? No, your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you." - Grand Admiral Proudmoore

could have been more sinister. I expected to find his voice intimidating, but.. not so much.

Well I don't know what you guys were expecting really, I'm with Traask thinking it could be a tad more frightening but I'm quite satisfied. The inspiration for The Mogu is clearly taken from imperial Japan, a fitting antagonist for an expansion with a very asian twist. So surprise surprise they sound like scary Japanese guys and yes that means R's instead of L's in some places, a stereotype that is easily recognised and thus makes the connection Blizzard wanted the audience to make with the inspiration for these guys.

If he spoke more clear and faster he would be more desicive like he should be.

Accent is cool though
    Last edited by Korgesh; 2013-01-27 at 02:40 AM.

Sounds like Zangief on PCP.