Time for new hero classes?

So, the death knights were clearly a success in Wrath, am I the only one who thinks maybe it's time Blizz makes a new hero class. Or even take an even bigger step and Give Horde and Alliance their own classes. For example Horde could have Dark Rangers and Alliance gets something like a Vindicator, or perhaps something less like Paladin.

Horde and Alliance already had their own classes.

We all saw how well that worked out.

Deleted

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lapianan View Post
    So, the death knights were clearly a success in Wrath, am I the only one who thinks maybe it's time Blizz makes a new hero class. Or even take an even bigger step and Give Horde and Alliance their own classes. For example Horde could have Dark Rangers and Alliance gets something like a Vindicator, or perhaps something less like Paladin.
    The only reason DKs were a success is because they started at lvl 60ish and were OP. Very few people enjoy leveling in this game and it continues to get worse as the level cap rises. Every time a new class is released they are OP (DPS monks are average but tank and healer monks are amazing, Frost DKs were average while blood and especially unholy were nuts). A large portion of the WoW population will play an OP class/spec, and even larger portion of the population will play the OP class especially when they get to skip a lot of the boring same leveling experience they've seen 5+ times.

Personally I'd much rather see them do something along the lines of how they handle rep for alts this xpac. Reach max level on a character and buy a token to increase XP by 100%. Allow this to be done every time someone reaches max level with a new class up to 10 times for a total of 1000% xp boosted on your 11th lvl 90. Make reps shared server wide for all characters of the same faction and I think we'd see a heck of a lot more people rolling alts and in lower level areas.

Even with 1000% XP boost you're still talking a couple days to reach 90 and it makes it so people don't want to gouge their eyes out when they see Ashenvalle for the 11th time.

Edit: Of course this would only go to the current level cap as to not trivialize new expansions down the road. When the next xpac comes out the process would need to be completed again for lvl 95 or 100 or w/e they do.
    Last edited by Mercurius86; 2013-01-27 at 07:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, the death knights were clearly a success in Wrath
    Yeah right.. Please define "clearly a success", as they were tweaked all during WotLK and well into Cata, before they were even close to being successful...
    Alliance gets something like a Vindicator
    1: Create new character
    2: Choose Dreinai
    3: Choose Paladin
    4: Profit

You now have you brand new Vindicator...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Dark Ranger would be a nice hero class for both factions.

To my understanding all Dark Rangers are undead.

They would have to share a story similar-esk to Death Knights. Perhaps even the same starting zone.

But does the game really need a ranged weapon DK? idk.

oh and, you could just play and forsaken hunter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fps90 View Post
    Horde and Alliance already had their own classes.

We all saw how well that worked out.
    This..

While I like the idea that Alliance had Paladins and Horde had Shaman in Vanilla, there were too many QQ'ers who wanted Ally Shaman and Horde Pallys..
    Things have definitely NOT gotten better meanwhile. The uproar will be massive, from the second it's announced that Horde gets class X and Alliance gets class Y, and no cross-over..

It will never happen...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/