Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Fun Fact TES: Online is being made by ZeniMax Online Stuidos, my understanding is that they've never even made a game. It's a separate studio for mmo games and this will be their first, that doesn't scream quality to me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZeniMax_Online_Studios
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    Fun Fact TES: Online is being made by ZeniMax Online Stuidos, my understanding is that they've never even made a game. It's a separate studio for mmo games and this will be their first, that doesn't scream quality to me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZeniMax_Online_Studios
    A ton of great games have been made by relatively unknown developers, e.g. Kingdoms of Amalur. Hell, before Morrowind, TES was kind of a niche thing. Not a whole lot of people knew what it was or what Bethesda was. I was one of those people.
    CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k 3.4GHz | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB DDR3-1866 | GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 4GB (2-Way SLI) | Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45
    Cooling: Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler; 200mm Fans x3; | Case: HAF 922 | PSU: Corsair Pro 750W

80+ FPS in Raids on Ultra. Stay mad.
    This setup no longer hits 80+ FPS in raids on Ultra. Stay sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheckameohs View Post
    They kinda did it with raiding. The design of MC was basically ripped from every raid in EverQuest.
    Good thing the raids these days are the same as Molten Core.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Good thing the raids these days are the same as Molten Core.
    It was still halfassedly done.
    CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k 3.4GHz | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB DDR3-1866 | GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 4GB (2-Way SLI) | Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45
    Cooling: Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler; 200mm Fans x3; | Case: HAF 922 | PSU: Corsair Pro 750W

10+ Year Old Account
    if TES online will be as good as oblivion and skyrim, i think people will stay away longer than just 1 month like the other games
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Quote Originally Posted by Huntaer View Post
    if TES online will be as good as oblivion and skyrim, i think people will stay away longer than just 1 month like the other games
    I can see that happening. I fully intend on playing both WoW and TES: Online though. This might have negative repercussions in the future.

Blizzard will look at what TES does that they don't have in WoW. If its something that is fun and would work with there plans for WoW, they might add it. Blizzard does a good job of adding other games features. Nothing wrong with that. I have yet to see anything though that they would use. I don't believe that it will take off. There is nothing unique, besides the fact its set in Elder Scrolls universe.

I really don't think they got anything to offer, everyone I know who bought Skyrim did it only because of mods and fun aspect of it, while none really cared about story.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerx12 View Post
    There is nothing unique, besides the fact its set in Elder Scrolls universe.
    They're unique for an MMO. I haven't played very many that allow you to steal anything in the world that isn't bolted down.

Deleted
    It's really too early to tell.

From what I understand though, it's primarily a PvP game (isn't the open world PvP area like several zones in size?) so maybe if it actually works, Blizzard will find a way to bring that back to WoW outside of 10minute TB/WG fights every 2 hours.

I'll check it out because I'm a HUGE TES fan. If the game is solid and not a pile of broken promises like SWTOR was, I may sub to it alongside WoW.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Of all the MMOs we've seen, I think the cream of the crop was last year between ToR, GW2, and TSW.

Elder Scrolls Online to me looks like slipping back to the typical "copy WoW" formula with nothing new to it. Blizz will not need to beat it, the game will beat itself.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Calling all your readers inept. Nice.

It was still halfassedly done.
    I hope other developers stop being perfectionist and release things "halfassedly" like Blizzard so they could make their game successful.

15+ Year Old Account
    A ton of great games have been made by relatively unknown developers, e.g. Kingdoms of Amalur. Hell, before Morrowind, TES was kind of a niche thing. Not a whole lot of people knew what it was or what Bethesda was. I was one of those people.
    Didn't Amalur tank? I mean the studio who made it was shut down
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Wow will evolve just like it does after every wow killer comes out. The new game locusts will play the wow killer for a month get bored and be back on wow proclaiming the next one will finally succeed.

TES's model of gameplay is more simplistic than WoWs (somehow). I can't imagine WoW would want to copy that!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bags- View Post
    TES's model of gameplay is more simplistic than WoWs (somehow). I can't imagine WoW would want to copy that!
    All they need to copy from TES:O is the graphics :P
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

To know what effects TES:O will have on WoW, we'll have to know what TES:O is about a bit more.

But to start off: The 3 faction thing I dont think will be plausible at this stage of WoW, so nothing from that.
    Combo-ing with friends could be cool, but I don't think wow will add that. (More imbalance in grouping)

Stam/block and combat not being realtime is also something that woW will not be able to implement, but maybe they could add a class that works like that (I doubt it tho)

Mobs having increased AI (Not just more skills) in dungeons is something that I would like to see and maybe has a potential to be something that WoW will 'steal' and try to implement in their game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    And the flameing starts with this guy, and from here on out, the thread wont go much further without beeing closed. Good job.
    The flaming started the second someone replied to the thread, get real.

'Flaming' isn't just someone bashing WoW, its a two way street.

10+ Year Old Account
    You make me laugh OP. WoW won't have to adapt to stay king. ESO won't put a dent in it. Still, I'll most likely try it out then leave after about a month or two to return to WoW. It's safe to assume that the hundreds of thousands that leave WoW for it will return as well. Thus repeating the cycle.