Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenko View Post
    They did say that they can not match up the single player versions of the zones to the MMO version, but if they can even get just half of it into each zone then you're looking at almost 20 days /played per zone.
    From what I have read some of the MMO versions of Zones are actually larger than the RPG version of the game. ie Skyrim will be nearly double in size.

TES has the complete cross realm system built in to start. I really hope WoW will pick this up and have a complete cross realm system as well.
    their moving their table over their
    they're moving they're table over they're
    there moving there table over there

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by wow2011 View Post
    TES has the complete cross realm system built in to start. I really hope WoW will pick this up and have a complete cross realm system as well.
    Not really a good idea since WOW has many different Server types. However WOW is already doing this, it's called 'Cross Realm Zones' and it sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    From what I have read some of the MMO versions of Zones are actually larger than the RPG version of the game. ie Skyrim will be nearly double in size.
    Bullshit.

The devs tweeted that Cyrodill is the largest land zone in ES:O - and that Cyrodill is the size of Skyrim in ES:V.

---------- Post added 2013-01-30 at 12:28 AM ----------

Oh... it gets better folks!

PICKPOCKETING IS NOT IN ELDER SCROLLS ONLINE

Here's an interview with lead developer Matt Firor explaining a few things, one of those things is why they're not having Pickpocketing in the game...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology...iew-matt-firor

Good god... has this guy played ANY MMORPG since Dark age of Camelot!? Every MMORPG has done it since friggin' Ultima Online! I understand the problem with player pickpocketing, but why not NPCs? WoW has done NPC pickpocketing since 2004!! And EQ has done NPC pickpocketing before THAT!

Apparently they didn't even make any serious end game PvE plans for the game, at least that's what i take away form the last few lines of that interview.

Which is somewhat odd when your game is based on a single-player IP, i.e. pure PvE games.

*read thread title*

Who?

Deleted
    The more I read about ESO, the more I think they have no fucking idea how to make an Elder Scrolls game. Crime is one of the most engaging parts of the franchise, and when I read that "everyone in your faction is your friend" and "you [can't] fight them", it spells out pretty clearly there will be no crime system. I'm like... dude, seriously, give up right now. This is gonna flop.

After reading more in here, the no crime, no pickpocketing, locked zones, and what id say is forced PVP Cyrodill, I retract that blizz might steal a feature or two... cause there is nothing worth while to steal....
    Also I change "they might make a good mmo" to "make a mediocre mmo but definitely NOT an elder scrolls game"

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMxyzptlk View Post
    After reading more in here, the no crime, no pickpocketing, locked zones, and what id say is forced PVP Cyrodill, I retract that blizz might steal a feature or two... cause there is nothing worth while to steal....
    Also I change "they might make a good mmo" to "make a mediocre mmo but definitely NOT an elder scrolls game"
    My stance has been this:

ES:O is the right gameplay idea... for the WRONG franchise and genre.

The more I hear about ES:O, it's clear that the former DaoC devs (Matt Firor and the other guy) are just making DaoC2 and painting it with an Elder Scrolls paint job. It's not an MMORPG... it sounds more like a mideval 3-factioned sword-based Halo with an overworld.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    My stance has been this:

ES:O is the right gameplay idea... for the WRONG franchise and genre.

The more I hear about ES:O, it's clear that the former DaoC devs (Matt Firor and the other guy) are just making DaoC2 and painting it with an Elder Scrolls paint job. It's not an MMORPG... it sounds more like a mideval 3-factioned sword-based Halo with an overworld.
    Agree. You know...ES:O could have been done right...but nothing I've heard so far sounds promising. Too bad.

Love your sig btw >.<

I love how people praise and/or bash a game before they even get a chance to try it. They seem to think they are a developer of some kind. Well, if I were in the shoes of those people, I would take that gift and develop a game. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Phasma View Post
    I love how people praise and/or bash a game before they even get a chance to try it. They seem to think they are a developer of some kind. Well, if I were in the shoes of those people, I would take that gift and develop a game. Just saying.
    You don't need to try having herpes first before you can have an opinion about if it's something you want or not. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    You'd suggest what, dropping the 60 dollars on the game and putting in the recommended amount of hours before deciding if a game is taking steps in unwanted directions?

For many of us here, this isn't exactly our first rodeo. We see certain changes or implementations and we just sort of stare, open-jawed thinking "... why in the fuck? Who exactly is THAT for?" There's a huge difference between mindlessly bashing something and those of us who know what we want out of an MMO making educated assessments.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellerx12 View Post
    Blizzard will look at what TES does that they don't have in WoW. If its something that is fun and would work with there plans for WoW, they might add it. Blizzard does a good job of adding other games features. Nothing wrong with that. I have yet to see anything though that they would use. I don't believe that it will take off. There is nothing unique, besides the fact its set in Elder Scrolls universe.
    They can't just "add" stuff, they operate on an archaic coding and game engine. For example, realistically we shouldn't even need a million addons for info or features that SHOULD be in the game. The interface itself is horrendous and the graphics are a thing of 10 years past. I only play it because it's popular and I enjoy raiding..
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    You'd suggest what, dropping the 60 dollars on the game and putting in the recommended amount of hours before deciding if a game is taking steps in unwanted directions?

For many of us here, this isn't exactly our first rodeo. We see certain changes or implementations and we just sort of stare, open-jawed thinking "... why in the fuck? Who exactly is THAT for?" There's a huge difference between mindlessly bashing something and those of us who know what we want out of an MMO making educated assessments.
    You see changes or implementations in a game that isn't even out yet? Interesting. I wonder how you pulled that one off. You must have all the insider information! By the way, there's a ton of websites out there that have awesome footage of games so you don't have to waste 60 dollars/euros/pounds/etc. on them! There are people out there that actually put in time playing games, explaining and demonstrating all of their wonderful features, so you don't have to waste your time figuring them out yourself! Just letting you know that so your educated assessments can be a little more educated.

Some things look bad on paper, but you actually have to see them to understand how they work and who they are for.
    Last edited by Phasma; 2013-01-30 at 09:00 AM.

WoW really gets more dangerous the more mmos try to duplicate it - blizz copies worthy ideas from the new mmo and incorporates them into wow.

New mmos tend to have issues (both design and technical, like SWTOR >.<) and blizzard's copy/pasting of ideas makes WoW look far more appealing than the new-but-troubled mmo.

However i am hoping TES Online will have a more ROLEPLAY aspect to it, without the gear grind that wow has.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't have to eat your Apple Pie (or even know how to make an apple pie) to understand that refried beans do not belong in an Apple Pie. Just as I don't need to play ES:O to notice that faction locking 80% of your game is an awful idea
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    I don't have to eat your Apple Pie (or even know how to make an apple pie) to understand that refried beans do not belong in an Apple Pie. Just as I don't need to play ES:O to notice that faction locking 80% of your game is an awful idea
    Bingo. No idea what kind of semantic bullshit that guy's on, lately. He goes on about how there's no way someone could make an accurate assessment without "insider information" then goes on to reassure everyone that there's easily ways too look up useful info on a game before buying it to make one's decision easier. It's like these guys aren't even trying anymore.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Deleted
    For me TES as a story environment is the first one which could take my focus away from WoW, but it remains to be seen how they translate the RPG into a MMORPG.