Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by bOOURNS View Post
    Post where you have placed the font file and also post the line added in the lua that loads the font.

It's pretty obvious you done one or both of those steps wrong.
    The font is placed in my wow file/interface/addons (the root).

Here's the line of code:

Code:
    smed:Register("font", "Myriad Condensed Web", "Interface\\AddOns\\myriadcondensedweb.ttf")
    Sig by Listrata

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowTitan View Post
    The font is placed in my wow file/interface/addons (the root).

Here's the line of code:

Code:
    smed:Register("font", "Myriad Condensed Web", "Interface\\AddOns\\myriadcondensedweb.ttf")
    Try placing the font file in Stuf/media like all the rest of the media Stuf registers.

Then change the path to "Interface\\AddOns\\Stuf\\media\\myriadcondensedweb.ttf"

I don't know if having the file actually in Stuf's media folder like the rest makes any difference, but its worth the try. Other than that I don't see anything else wrong.

I'll say this again as well, remember when adding fonts, textures or any media wow has to be completely closed and then relaunched after saving the lua file. Best to just make the edit of adding in the line that registers the font while wow is closed.

If all this fails again, there is always the option of using SharedMedia, but you'll have to go through similar steps to add your font to that as well.

Personally I prefer to add all my extra media files in SharedMedia because then I don't need to keep re adding them as the addons get updates. (SharedMedia requires a ton less frequent updating than regular addons)
    Last edited by bOOURNS; 2013-02-02 at 06:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bOOURNS View Post
    Try placing the font file in Stuf/media like all the rest of the media Stuf registers.

Then change the path to "Interface\\AddOns\\Stuf\\media\\myriadcondensedweb.ttf"

I don't know if having the file actually in Stuf's media folder like the rest makes any difference, but its worth the try. Other than that I don't see anything else wrong.

I'll say this again as well, remember when adding fonts, textures or any media wow has to be completely closed and then relaunched after saving the lua file. Best to just make the edit of adding in the line that registers the font while wow is closed.

If all this fails again, there is always the option of using SharedMedia, but you'll have to go through similar steps to add your font to that as well.

Personally I prefer to add all my extra media files in SharedMedia because then I don't need to keep re adding them as the addons get updates. (SharedMedia requires a ton less frequent updating than regular addons)
    This is what I was wondering. Before I try what you suggested me now, is there a global file that I can just drop fonts in so that ALL addons can use them? Kinda like how Recount has some fonts in it I never really added.
    Sig by Listrata

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowTitan View Post
    This is what I was wondering. Before I try what you suggested me now, is there a global file that I can just drop fonts in so that ALL addons can use them? Kinda like how Recount has some fonts in it I never really added.
    SharedMedia is global in a way. Any addon that registers it's own media files (like Stuf or Recount) become in a way global to all other addons that have Libsharedmedia. (which pretty much all addons have)

However there are no ways of just draging and dropping files somewhere and automatically you can use them, you will always have to edit lua to add in a line that registers your new font, texture, sound files.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Here's my solution - for one, I ALWAYS have something that uses SharedMedia - in fact, SharedMedia is one of my must-install addons, personally.

I have my bar textures, borders, and fonts, in a folder - WoW\Interface\Media.

Then I have an addon in my WoW\Interface\Addons folder that's named zMedia (WoW\Interface\Addons\zMedia), and it is just a bunch of SharedMedia adds.

SharedMedia comes with little .bat file that after adding you media to the correct sub-folders of SharedMedia_Mymedia registers it all for you.