Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freia View Post
    Nope, because a DK will do a better job at it then a ret ever will. A DK brings more utility to set up kills.

Do not look at RBGs for this season. Win trading and exploiting messes up the numbers. Every ret I have seen with high rbgs either are sitting on it from before the patch or wintrade/exploited.
    Yeah this season is skewed. Either way, its not about numbers. Go make a premade paladin on the PTR if you don't have a PVP geared Ret, any of you, and try to do high rated pvp. Do you know the last time I saw a Ret Paladin on the other team above 1700ish this season? Quite a while. And any other time we have seen one, its just train the paladin and he explodes. I'm not even sure how people can think specs like Ret (and others, yes, most notably Enhance) are in fine places. Just walk into an arena and quit dueling outside Shrine.

Edit: For clarification, I agree with you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Simplistic View Post
    I started this thread on the wow bg forums, I thought I'd post it here too.

After being back into pvp for the last month or so (after a long break) and having oqueue for the last 2 weeks or so, It dawned on me that I have never seen a single group looking for a ret for any reason at all.

Has anyone else?
    From what I've seen, most rets just plain suck, be it PvE or PvP, and ruin the spec's reputation. I'm the only ret in our guild and people keep constantly telling me how they have never seen ret doing that high dps. :P Then again I've played it for 7 years as main and have pretty much every move encoded to my spine.

I usually get to RBGs if I want to, at least after linking my Battlemaster achievement. A ret who knows his stuff is always better than someone who doesn't know his.
    Last edited by mmocf7a456daa4; 2013-01-30 at 01:02 AM.

@Gahmuret

Is that you? If yes what pvp and raiding experience are you exactly talking about? If not, nevermind.
    Last edited by Krekko; 2013-01-31 at 02:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ret isn't necessarily bad... they are just bad compared to other melee DPS. Its like choosing the fat kid on your team, no one will pick you unless they absolutely have to, and since most RBG teams have a whole server to pick through, and now even cross-server... yeah.

Has anyone actually seen what a Warrior can do in damage versus a Paladin's damage? The burst may be about the same, hell maybe even a little more, along with great sustained damage and great low-term cooldowns. You'd be making it harder on yourself to pick a Ret.
    Call me House.

Is there some reason you can't play with your friends? And if you want to play your UH DK they're like "okay, that's going to be interesting, but that just makes it more fun!"

Or can you only play WoW with people who don't care who you are or what you want?

Quote Originally Posted by HardCoder View Post
    Is there some reason you can't play with your friends? And if you want to play your UH DK they're like "okay, that's going to be interesting, but that just makes it more fun!"

Or can you only play WoW with people who don't care who you are or what you want?
    Pretty sure the point of this thread is class balance/mechanics/etc and not social life in question.

Because Ret Paladins aren't good? Every skill bound to a CD, all Burst bound to CDs, one of the highest cost/highest maintenance spells in the game (Inquisition), low self-heals, poor gap closing capability, lower DPS than other plate classes, nothing that can't be brought by Holy Paladins or other classes.

Don't expect it to change as Ghostcrawler has said time and time again that Ret Paladins are, "Pretty much exactly where we want them to be right now".

So either everything else is getting nerfed to our level, or we're staying below everybody else.

Quote Originally Posted by Neldarie View Post
    @Gahmuret

Is that you? If yes what pvp and raiding experience are you exactly talking about? If not, nevermind.

Calling people out for PvP yet never going above 2200 yourself in anything other than 2s? Pot meet Kettle.
    Last edited by Krekko; 2013-01-31 at 02:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    I usually get to RBGs if I want to, at least after linking my Battlemaster achievement. A ret who knows his stuff is always better than someone who doesn't know his.
    A warrior who knows his stuff is always better than a ret who knows his.

10+ Year Old Account
    Enough with the armory bashing, please.

~Fhi

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post

Calling people out for PvP yet never going above 2200 yourself in anything other than 2s? Pot meet Kettle.
    Whats the point of your presence here anyways being a hunter and all? As far as I remember you were the only person being called out for making a stupid comment. And read up because I never talked about PvP directly. Also after reviewing your post history you seem to be like the person who calls random people out for luls with no concrete reasoning other than "game is fine l2p" argument.

When people come here acting gods without solid arguments or having real backbone of experience is ye questionable. PvP may not be my boat or cup of tea but stuff that person has done in PvE and kit/gear he is sporting is not enough to understand and see the flaws with Ret, sorry. (If that's the right person at all).
    Last edited by Krekko; 2013-01-31 at 02:06 AM.

Pretty sure the point of this thread is class balance/mechanics/etc and not social life in question.
    If you want to play your favorite spec rather than FOTM then go play with some people who give a shit about what you want.

If OP is whining that his spec isn't FOTM then whatever, who cares, ret had its day in the sun.

Quote Originally Posted by Simplistic View Post
    This one won't.
    I guess that answers the fotm question... But I think OP was returning to wow from a break and found that ret wasn't wanted or needed. Really don't think he was asking how to make friends

Ontopic: I don't recall such day/days. If being a heal supportbot count as that then ok... Ret always had to be carried by some sort of comp in 3s. Only time I remember ret team getting anywhere was when Vanguards played with Mez, and well Vanguards is a really good player but I'm sure he would agree that Mez carry potential is resounding.
    Last edited by Neldarie; 2013-01-30 at 07:37 AM.

Deleted
    @Gahmuret

It's not my main. But I have 16/16 down in MoP, maybe you failed to notice?

I see you are searching through many people's armories. Pretty sad. Maybe this struck too badly:

From what I've seen, most rets just plain suck, be it PvE or PvP, and ruin the spec's reputation.
    Last edited by Krekko; 2013-01-31 at 02:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    It's not my main. But I have 16/16 down in MoP, maybe you failed to notice?

I see you are searching through many people's armories. Pretty sad. Maybe this struck too badly:

Well that kinda puts the nail in the coffin (gemming and utilizing gear is completely wrong). So ye get off your high horse mate.

Pretty bad dps tbh considering the level of your gear...

-As Fhi said, looks like it wasn't enough with warnings and infractions. Removing links as well. -Krekko
    Last edited by Krekko; 2013-01-31 at 02:05 AM. Reason: Removing links.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, it looks like infractions and warnings aren't working, so I'll be closing this.

~Fhi