Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by crackleslap View Post
    often when I have a proc on any class i'm just normally like "fuck it im pulling" You Should try it!
    in a raid situation this is a quick way to find yourself guildless, or at the very least, out of the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by crackleslap View Post
    often when I have a proc on any class i'm just normally like "fuck it im pulling" You Should try it!
    As a tank, if i'd seen that happen i would just laugh as the dps get's destroyed by the boss.

Is this really a pressing issue for warlocks right now?

This used to really piss me off when i was playing demo a lot. It usually wasn't the tank tho, it was that one asshole dps that right before the pull was like "Oops for got to eat" or "One sec guys I'm gonna change specs".

Like i said my old tank was a bit of a dpswhore and understand that we liked to max out dps by doing stuff like pulling asap with full resources up, and would try and do that. It was usually other dps that would screw me over. I just starting playing Affl for every fight, but Windlord tho(demo is so much more fun to aoe).

Deleted
    And then you realize that people trinket procs may still be on cds if you pull too early.

Deleted
    If we were to be able to always pull at full ember, we would then be balanced around that fact, thus being sub-par if we for some reason we are not full ember at pul.

If we are not supposed to be full ember at the pull, we would then be balanced around the fact that we have 1 ember at the pull (like now). And if we are lucky to pull with more embers, we end up being better than planned

So to sum it up clearly :
    - we are now in a state where we can be better if lucky, or normal if we are not.
    - you're asking for something that would not make us better in good condition, only worse if we are unlucky.

Conclusion : your request is not a good idea.

Deleted
    Demo has same issue. Boomkins suffered an entire expansion; it got fixed in MoP (5.0 pre patch). But boomkins can't switch to another ranged spec. You can go affli and have you shards. Spriest have same issue as you do, but they need to build up their orbs after every wipe. And because some spriest do and others don't you get imbalance on logs. Locks (demo and destro) got similar problem, I agree. Holy Power you can keep to max as holy. The monk healer's stacks of mana tea get reset. Maybe we should just all reset our stacks on all our resources at the moment of the pull to be done with this entire issue.

Let's also have our flasks and food stop ticking when we are out of combat!

Deleted
    Heh, I just use 3-4 Ember Taps for the hell of it, since the embers will vanish before the boss pull anyway.

Get into a better organized raid if you're that worried about it.

Deleted
    oh what you mean how like Monk TB stacks dont get wiped on pull....oh wait a sec.....
    um no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    Blizzard does balance assuming you are starting from a set point resource wise on every pull. If they didn't degrade of out combat we would see a repeat of Cata boomkiins that had to either quit trash early or find critters so they could get setup right. Besides a majority of your pulls you won't have those embers so why worry about them.
    MoP Shadow Priests are really like that. Ideally we need to have 3 shadow orbs on the pull. Otherwise we have to wait ~18 seconds before we can cast our first Devouring Plague. Fortunately they don't decay though, so if we can get them we're happy for that one pull.

I really wish they'd allow target dummies to be dropped to allow resource generation pre-pull, but it's probably for the best they don't. That way everybody starts out on an equal footing, and you have to go so far out of your way to get those resources (say after a wipe) it's just not worth your time.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Is this really a pressing issue for warlocks right now?
    yes

Affliction starts with full resources and so even if all three specs were balanced on DPS (a very contentious issue) Affliction would still benefit from any fights that favour an early Bloodlust due to the synergy with Dark Soul, pre-pot, trinket and enchant procs. Boomkins have an ability that allows them to start in Eclipse, Destruction and Demonology need something similar.

10 minute cooldown, channeled, generates x Demonic Fury and x Burning Embers, resets on wipe or boss kill like Doomguard/Infernal. the cooldown makes it unusable in PvP. comparing Embers/Demonic Fury to Holy Power or Rage is completely redundant, most classes are designed with a small rampup that hits its peak easily within the first 30 seconds of a fight, Demo and Destro miss that lined up burst entirely.

Deleted
    I hope you also have some threat generation reduction on our Chaos Bolts, or the pulls are gonna get bloody.

10+ Year Old Account
    The current design is fine, it isn't a 'problem'. It is neat when you get to start pulls with full fury / embers because you feel a little more powerful then you normally do, but starting with 200 fury / 1 ember isn't an issue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    MoP Shadow Priests are really like that. Ideally we need to have 3 shadow orbs on the pull. Otherwise we have to wait ~18 seconds before we can cast our first Devouring Plague. Fortunately they don't decay though, so if we can get them we're happy for that one pull.

I really wish they'd allow target dummies to be dropped to allow resource generation pre-pull, but it's probably for the best they don't. That way everybody starts out on an equal footing, and you have to go so far out of your way to get those resources (say after a wipe) it's just not worth your time.
    The one thing which sortof functioned as a dummy (Puntable Marmot) doesn't anymore (Blizzard "fixed" this), and the Ogre Pinata has a 30 min CD and costs 20 EUR. Also SW:P procced ToF this way.

Since our lock friends got decay (demo/destro; affli got positive decay but can cap on trash and is capped on corpserun) they'd have to stay in combat (putting the raid group in combat?!), and then get out of it, and then succesfully pre-pot while out of combat. It sounds cumbersome.

...but honestly this isn't much of an issue in LFR (DPS does not matter), it is a slightly bigger issue in normal. Its a big issue on HC if you're progressing.

Quote Originally Posted by squidbear View Post
    yes

Affliction starts with full resources and so even if all three specs were balanced on DPS (a very contentious issue) Affliction would still benefit from any fights that favour an early Bloodlust due to the synergy with Dark Soul, pre-pot, trinket and enchant procs. Boomkins have an ability that allows them to start in Eclipse, Destruction and Demonology need something similar.

10 minute cooldown, channeled, generates x Demonic Fury and x Burning Embers, resets on wipe or boss kill like Doomguard/Infernal. the cooldown makes it unusable in PvP. comparing Embers/Demonic Fury to Holy Power or Rage is completely redundant, most classes are designed with a small rampup that hits its peak easily within the first 30 seconds of a fight, Demo and Destro miss that lined up burst entirely.
    Damn, I think you just figured out why Affliction is doing better than the other specs. I can't believe Blizzard haven't thought of this.

Deleted
    gamebreaking...

in normal/heroics use pull timers
    on LFR, LFD who cares...

Quote Originally Posted by squidbear View Post
    yes

Burning Embers and Demonic are a completely different resource than soul shards. You can control your demonic fury and Burning ember regen. Soul shards, you're completely at the mercy of a proc for your resource outside of execute.

Should warriors start with a full rage bar?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    Burning Embers and Demonic are a completely different resource than soul shards. You can control your demonic fury and Burning ember regen. Soul shards, you're completely at the mercy of a proc for your resource outside of execute.

Should warriors start with a full rage bar?
    already answered that.
    comparing Embers/Demonic Fury to Holy Power or Rage is completely redundant, most classes are designed with a small rampup that hits its peak easily within the first 30 seconds of a fight
    no other spec has the rampup of Demo or Destro, by a long way. Paladins can build full Holy Power, Shadow Priests can build orbs, Warriors can build a full rage bar within seconds of the pull, meaning they receive the benefit of Heroism/Bloodlust and aligned trinket procs. like I've already said.
    Last edited by mmoc3face9b311; 2013-01-28 at 11:42 PM.