Getting raped on the adds. Any ideas?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%A9no/advanced

Could do with help as progressing atm ;p

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeno344 View Post
    Getting raped on the adds. Any ideas?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%A9no/advanced

Could do with help as progressing atm ;p
    I can't see anything wrong with your gemming reforging really. Logs would probably help as well.

Deleted
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-duj1kk85iwy2tm9k/

Sorry, was in a rush.

Try 4-5 I have gone to pure mitigation (I.e Mastery > Parry etc etc) and it seems to work better. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I know that shockwaving them can be a bad idea, since when they are all stunned, their swing timers line up with eachother and all hit you at once, which hurts a lot.

you're really low on hit and expertise, and as such you cannot possibly keep shield block up 24/7

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aGit View Post
    you're really low on hit and expertise, and as such you cannot possibly keep shield block up 24/7
    Plenty of hits incoming for him to be able to use them at that time tbh (many hits -> Revenge procs.)
    Last edited by mmoc18646deaeb; 2013-01-28 at 01:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    Plenty of damage incoming for him to be able to use them at that time tbh.
    incoming damage has nothing to do with incoming rage. unless you're in zerker stance.

Deleted
    All of the above is obviously helpful (just move away a bit after the shockwave to prevent that all of the adds line up their attacks) but during the start of p2 you just have to chain cds properly on the tanks, surviving without any is pretty much impossible and if you do it properly you should be okayish even with your current gearing (I'd always prefer to at least hitcap, but there are somewhat valid arguments for avoidance stacking). How's Shattered Hand these days?:P
    Last edited by mmoc321e539296; 2013-01-28 at 12:59 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aGit View Post
    incoming damage has nothing to do with incoming rage. unless you're in zerker stance.
    Sorry, I was talking about revenge procs. Absolutely not clear the way its written. With the amount of mobs hitting you can pretty much use revenge every other GCD which ensures you can keep your block up.

I thought shield barrier was the better choice with the large amount of vengeance you're going to have?

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    I thought shield barrier was the better choice with the large amount of vengeance you're going to have?
    This can work when you reach such levels that the mobs cannot break it under any circumstances, but initially it is not large enough. This means that if it drops a second or two early and you lack rage for a new one, you are basically sitting ducks and will get raped.

Mark a Skull to kill ASAP, rotate cooldowns and do not shockwave.

That's what we did and it was never a problem after the first add died.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Delath View Post
    This can work when you reach such levels that the mobs cannot break it under any circumstances, but initially it is not large enough. This means that if it drops a second or two early and you lack rage for a new one, you are basically sitting ducks and will get raped.
    This, and the tank damage on the adds is so huge aswell, I would generally stick with block for the consistency and added DPS to burn one add down rather than just dumping into barrier, barrier is really useful to have if you see your health spike down and you have a little bit of rage but not enough to dump into block as you will still get a fairly massive barrier and it will save you

Deleted
    Basically you want to keep Shield Block up all the time, while throwing in a Barrier once in a while (i.e. when you are tanking all 3 Adds or when you cant keep SBlock up cause you are either missing rage or need to wait for another charge).
    I usually start with Shield Wall to build up some Vengance and Rage and position the mobs. By the time SW runs out 1 of them should cast fixate and you only have 2 adds for a little while. I start using another set of greater CDs (last stand and demo shout) when i have 3 adds again (this can be right after the first fixate runs out or later, depends on a bit of luck). Well if it takes too long to kill at least 1 add and you have to survive 3 adds for long periods you might be screwed (if that happens regularly tell you dps to stop pushing dps and kill that one target asap, it gets SO MUCH easier when you only have 5 adds to deal with, cause at least 1 of them should always be out following someone with fixate and you can swap adds with your tank buddy if need be).

For that shockwave issue... it is true that their swing timer gets synced when you stun all of them. I still do it from time to time, mostly when i lack rage or have cd on shield block for some reason. I try to get enough rage during shockwave to have at least shield block and a low rage barrier up when they come out, though.

Hope it helps, good luck.

While it may not seem as intuitive, Barrier is the superior choice here. Vengeance levels are insanely high, and with the amount of rage you're able to generate via Revenge spam, you're able to maintain basically full uptime so your health should never dip assuming you are properly cycling through cooldowns.

Here are my guild's logs from our most recent kill:
    worldoflogs com/reports/rt-2a6nrm1gnhvrzdq4/details/5/?s=5498&e=6142
    take the time to compare my SB/SBar usage/uptime with the logs you posted

Our first kill video can also be found here:
    youtube com/watch?v=XCi_DVQs3lk
    You can see how stable my health is, dipping only once or twice and remaining 85%+ for the remainder of the time
    Since the time of this kill I've gone to tanking all 6 adds wearing DPS trinkets using the same SBar spam and the damage is still really a non-issue.

Additionally, our cooldown usage looks something like this:
    Wall immediately (while grabbing the first set of 3), LS with demo shout + trinket, PS, PW:Barrier + trinket 2; Sac x2

As someone mentioned before, it's important to mark one and kill it as soon as possible to reduce the Rally stacks.

Overall I really can't emphasize enough how big of a difference it makes spamming Barrier vs Block during this phase. It literally is like night and day.
    Last edited by wazzu; 2013-01-28 at 02:39 PM.

Also you can simply kite the adds with Piercing Howl if you find yourself taking too much damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wazzu View Post
    While it may not seem as intuitive, Barrier is the superior choice here. Vengeance levels are insanely high, and with the amount of rage you're able to generate via Revenge spam, you're able to maintain basically full uptime so your health should never dip assuming you are properly cycling through cooldowns.

Additionally, our cooldown usage looks something like this:
    Wall immediately (while grabbing the first set of 3), LS with demo shout + trinket, PS, PW:Barrier + trinket 2; Sac x2

As someone mentioned before, it's important to mark one and kill it as soon as possible to reduce the Rally stacks.

Overall I really can't emphasize enough how big of a difference it makes spamming Barrier vs Block during this phase. It literally is like night and day.
    Yup. This.

Not really sure why your hit/exp is so low, but yeah don't be afraid to use all your CDs/externals.

Shockwave is a terrible, terrible idea.
    Any AoE stun can cause their Sonic Blades to sync up and basically 1 shot you.
    What we do is have a rogue rotate single target 6 second stuns (glyphed too!) in instances where the tank has 3 Windblades on him. This significantly reduces the damage taken in that period of time.

Bloodbath lines up with your Dragon's Roar and will help slow any mobs that break off you and start to kite as they fixate.

Dragon's Roar will knockback no matter what, not a long stun, great for this fight.

Keep a Potion of the Mountains and use it as a cooldown alongside 1-2 others during 3 Windblade phases like Demo Shout or Last Stand and a trinket.

Shield Wall/Last Stand on the pull imo. Just Shield Wall will suffice depending on what externals you are getting from your healers / how bad your healers are.

Shield Block @ the start of every 3 Windblade instance or <a second before and then spam Shield Barrier.

Whoever is telling you that stamina is useless is wrong, Sonic Blade RNG is likely a large source of your deaths.

-=-Sig by Rivellana-=-

darkmoon card trinket i use it on this fight :x

otherwhise , go for it !

shieldwall , armor pots , def flag , last stand ask for heal cd's ! take it all xD

make sure you keep shield barrier up and use/ask for cd when you have 3+ adds on you.