Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Well, that sucks.

    What a retarded band to play with fireworks in such a room. They should be charged with manslaughter
    The club owners/organizers (depends on contract) should atleast.

  2. #22
    I am Murloc! StayTuned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    5,027
    Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    The club owners/organizers (depends on contract) should atleast.
    I don't even think they should, as long as they didn't know what the band was up to. If it was something that the band did without prior OK from the owners, the owners are at no fault.

    However, one could argue that the lack of emergency doors was a reason as to why everything escalated. Gotta check on them rules about what is a must in Brazil.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by A Day to Remember View Post
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/...35d_story.html

    I think its about time Brazil implemented some sort of fire control, this is just getting out of hand.
    Ban fire and ban nightclubs = problem solved.
    http://i5.minus.com/iT9gBOC94PbmU.jpg
    NON SINE DIIS ANIMOSUS INFANS
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    Accessibility, ownership, availability; these are all essentially the same thing.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Ultimately a country's policies are best influenced by the worst possible events, rather than the best. Hopefully this will push Brazil into establishing more fire-conscientious requirements in the future.
    Haha you say it because you've never been here. Every year hundreds of people die in Rio de Janeiro (the state) because of rains. 2 or 3 years ago 200 people died, a city was destroyed and guess what happened? Ya...those dirty politicians (mispel?) stole most of the money and they are still waiting for the money to rebuild the city.

    Nothing changed and nothing will ever change, not in my lifetime thats for sure.

    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Well, that sucks.

    What a retarded band to play with fireworks in such a room. They should be charged with manslaughter
    With the joke justice system that this country has it'll take at least 20 years (no jokes).

    Just to give you an idea, there was a famous guy who killed his ex-girlfriend, he told the police that he did kill her (I don't remember the reason), 15 years late he's still free.
    Last edited by bloody251; 2013-01-27 at 10:50 PM.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by bloody251 View Post
    Haha you say it because you've never been here. Every year hundreds of people die in Rio de Janeiro (the state) because of rains. 2 or 3 years ago 200 people died, a city was destroyed and guess what happened? Ya...those dirty politicians (mispel?) stole most of the money and they are still waiting for the money to rebuild the city.

    Nothing changed and nothing will ever change, not in my lifetime thats for sure.



    With the joke justice system that this country has it'll take at least 20 years (no jokes).

    Just to give you an idea, there was a famous guy who killed his ex-girlfriend, he told the police that he did kill her (I don't remember the reason), 15 years late he's still free.
    Are you talking about Pimenta Neves?

    Hes not free anymore (since 2011 i think)

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Roveredo View Post
    Are you talking about Pimenta Neves?

    Hes not free anymore (since 2011 i think)
    Ya it was him. I didn't know about it. That's a miracle!

  7. #27
    I am Murloc! StayTuned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    5,027
    Quote Originally Posted by bloody251 View Post
    Haha you say it because you've never been here. Every year hundreds of people die in Rio de Janeiro (the state) because of rains. 2 or 3 years ago 200 people died, a city was destroyed and guess what happened? Ya...those dirty politicians (mispel?) stole most of the money and they are still waiting for the money to rebuild the city.

    Nothing changed and nothing will ever change, not in my lifetime thats for sure.

    With the joke justice system that this country has it'll take at least 20 years (no jokes).

    Just to give you an idea, there was a famous guy who killed his ex-girlfriend, he told the police that he did kill her (I don't remember the reason), 15 years late he's still free.
    Welcome to Brazil. Sorry, you guys may have nice women, a rapidly growing economy and a decent football team, but you guys have to work on so many other things... From corruption over drug issues to basic things like simply not screwing everything over for the profit.

    But IIRC, you guys are making progress... so not all hope is lost ^^

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    An Italian mayor once banned people from dieing while the new cemetery was being built :S

    http://rt.com/news/mayor-italy-cemetery-order-597/
    You, Sir, are my hero! My wait is over! =)

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Welcome to Brazil. Sorry, you guys may have nice women, a rapidly growing economy and a decent football team, but you guys have to work on so many other things... From corruption over drug issues to basic things like simply not screwing everything over for the profit.

    But IIRC, you guys are making progress... so not all hope is lost ^^
    I'm not a brazilian

  10. #30
    I am Murloc! StayTuned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    5,027
    Quote Originally Posted by bloody251 View Post
    I'm not a brazilian
    But you do live there, or has my reading comprehension finally gone down the toilet for good?

  11. #31
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    all over the world
    Posts
    2,505
    ban dance clubs, absolutely outrageous that that many people died. those places are a dangerous and i propose we shut all of them down here in the US to prevent any deaths.


  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by dokilar View Post
    ban dance clubs, absolutely outrageous that that many people died. those places are a dangerous and i propose we shut all of them down here in the US to prevent any deaths.

    oh boy here we go

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    But you do live there, or has my reading comprehension finally gone down the toilet for good?
    Oh ya I do, I've been living here for 18 years.

  14. #34
    I am Murloc! StayTuned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    5,027
    Quote Originally Posted by bloody251 View Post
    Oh ya I do, I've been living here for 18 years.
    Fair enough, but depending on how old you are now I would totally consider you Brazilian after 18 years of living there.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by dokilar View Post
    ban dance clubs, absolutely outrageous that that many people died. those places are a dangerous and i propose we shut all of them down here in the US to prevent any deaths.

    Why do you need to dance at a club with hundreds of people anyway? You don't need high-capacity dance floors, a limit of 10 people per dance should be more than enough to have fun.

  16. #36
    I am Murloc! StayTuned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    5,027
    Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    Why do you need to dance at a club with hundreds of people anyway? You don't need high-capacity dance floors, a limit of 10 people per dance should be more than enough to have fun.
    Nobody needs them. But it's nice to have them. You just gotta take care of those idiots who think lighting up fireworks in a closed room is a good idea.

  17. #37
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    all over the world
    Posts
    2,505
    i like where this is goin

  18. #38
    The Insane Didactic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The Emerald City
    Posts
    18,427
    Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    Why do you need to dance at a club with hundreds of people anyway? You don't need high-capacity dance floors, a limit of 10 people per dance should be more than enough to have fun.
    O reason, not the need.
    Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.
    - Thucydides

    There is a modern myth that people have always tended towards democracy, constitutions, electoral rights; but in truth, love of freedom has never been the predominant note of popular politics. At most times, popular demand has been for a strong government.
    - Eugen Weber

  19. #39
    I am Murloc! StayTuned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    5,027
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    O reason, not the need.
    Actually it goes
    O, reason not the need.
    which gives the sentence another meaning and makes it kinda useless here ^^ sry

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    There was only ONE emergency exit, and it was closed so people wouldn't leave without paying.
    Reminds me of the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory fire, all but one exit locked so the workers wouldn't steal product, 146 die in a fire.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •