Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't heard anything lately from the news because my state of Queensland is flooding again like it did in 2011, which killed 32 people. This one so far has killed 3 people.

But anyways that's terrible :/ 230 people dead? That's awful, and in a club.
    Last edited by Crackleslap; 2013-01-28 at 01:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhurn View Post
    Reminds me of the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory fire, all but one exit locked so the workers wouldn't steal product, 146 die in a fire.
    Best solution to this problem is to ban stealing.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Best solution to this problem is to ban stealing.
    Lets just ban doors. Like this, nobody will ever get stuck and trampled to death again. Oh, I am such a genius.
    Last edited by StayTuned; 2013-01-28 at 01:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Why locks? Lets just ban doors. Like this, nobody will ever get stuck and trampled to death again. Oh, I am such a genius.
    I said ban stealing.

I said ban stealing.
    And here we have the proof that I am actually sleeping and not sitting in front of my computer. My head remixed your quote and what you said and made a new sentence out of it on his own.

10+ Year Old Account
    I said ban stealing.
    It originally said "ban locks" as I saw it too. If you edit it quick enough, it doesn't put the edit tag in. So yeah, don't go back on it now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    I don't even think they should, as long as they didn't know what the band was up to. If it was something that the band did without prior OK from the owners, the owners are at no fault.

However, one could argue that the lack of emergency doors was a reason as to why everything escalated. Gotta check on them rules about what is a must in Brazil.
    With standard emergency doors, a fire is usually almost nothing, don't know about their rules either in Brazil, but if they consider "one exit" as enough for a night club, they really need to change these rules. Any place welcoming more than 10 people should have at least 2 exits, and by "exit" I mean large exit, enough for at least 2-3 people to get out side by side (should be larger for clubs where thousands of people meet).

Quote Originally Posted by Ysilla View Post
    With standard emergency doors, a fire is usually almost nothing, don't know about their rules either in Brazil, but if they consider "one exit" as enough for a night club, they really need to change these rules. Any place welcoming more than 10 people should have at least 2 exits, and by "exit" I mean large exit, enough for at least 2-3 people to get out side by side (should be larger for clubs where thousands of people meet).

One exit is not enough by law.

Too bad we have no way to apply it (we do, but politicians make sure we cant).

So sad. You go out to party and you die at the club. Not because of the fire but there's only 1 exit and you can't get out. Whoever came up with that bright idea should go to jail.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a Canadian.. I don't really cares at all. I just hope that news would stop talking about it.
    \m/(-_-)\m/

I'm alone again and old pine tree
    Asked me, where's your woman?
    I said: Shut up or I make of you another Firewood

Quote Originally Posted by Malkazam View Post
    I'm a Canadian.. I don't really cares at all. I just hope that news would stop talking about it.
    than why are you talking about it?
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

I read inn a paper that eye-witness from the local community reported that at the time off the fire 500 people were inside the club, BUT at one point there was as many as up to 2k people, trough they could be exggeration.

Anyway; IF THIS AINT THE WORST FORM OF GREED - I dont know any worser example. They keep leeting people inn, witch I presume aint free (What is that now days...5 dollars or so?), until they have more than allowed witch could be a huge risk to take...and disaster happens. Worst form of greed exspect greedy bankers, or bank-staff members that works on commision giving out loans to retarded people who can't learn to live with inn there means.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Sad. I wonder if Obama will tell his children not to go into night clubs since he is questioning his son playing football. Wait, what's his sons name?

Quote Originally Posted by ScottsdaleHokie View Post
    Sad. I wonder if Obama will tell his children not to go into night clubs since he is questioning his son playing football. Wait, what's his sons name?
    yes, everything that ever happens anywhere is an occasion to talk about obama. dont you ever get tired?
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    It originally said "ban locks" as I saw it too. If you edit it quick enough, it doesn't put the edit tag in. So yeah, don't go back on it now.
    Oooh... thanks man :P So I wasn't completely braindead yesterday.

Absolutely agree. But many, many clubs do not adhere to this... for example, a club in The Netherlands which I used to frequent quite often has room for some 100ish people, and they only have one exit (which is also the entrance) that leads to some crazy stairs which nobody can just walk down without falling. A panic during fire would kill us all.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    I'm glad I'm addicted to WoW and stay indoors and not out clubbing. I feel bad for all their loved ones. Truly tragic.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottsdaleHokie View Post
    Not sure of his name but he looks like treyvon martin.

Friend of mine was in the nightclub.
    Luckily she is alive, but got her upper half of the body burned and inhaled a lot of smoke. At the moment, she is in critical state in a hospital in Porto Alegre, capital of the state where the nightclub fire happened.
    At the same night, also in Porto Alegre, tehre was a fire in a slum near a new soccer arena they built. COincidentally, they want to zone the slums with high cost skyscrappers...

It was a sad day around here...

Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    I'm glad I'm addicted to WoW and stay indoors and not out clubbing. I feel bad for all their loved ones. Truly tragic.

...Rofl, glad I'm not the only thinking like that (Well I do at times atleast!). Honestly clubs are overrated, atleast from the few places I've been to. Horrible music that are so loud that any meaningfull conversation is not possibely, often so crowded you cant get a sitting place, and the sweat stink aint very nice after 30 mins or so.

+ Call me cheap, but paying up to 10$ dollars for a drink is stupid. Rather buy some nice food for that money :P
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Also, sorry about the poor english, but I will try to explain what happened. Don't know if anyone else did.

The band that was playing uses pyrotechnics during the show. One of the band members use a flare to add to it, and it reached the ceiling. The thing used to isolate the sound was made with foam (i guess thats the word), and the shit was flammable as hell. Everything happened in a few minutes.
    The security barred the doors for a few moments, until they realized what was going on, then they opened it.
    Due to smoke and general panic, and the doors being initially closed, people went to the bathroom. Firefighters said that they removed more than 180 bodies from the bathrooms... It seems they tried to escape through the windows, but they were closed with wood, that was part of the front decorations from the club.