Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Earning Elder Charms through PvP?

    I searched through the forum posts, but was unable to find anything specific that would answer my question. So I'm posting here to see if I can get a blue response to an idea.

    My typical gameplay revolves around the PVP aspect of the game. I spend most of my time jumping in to RBG's to increase my rating, capping my conquest points on my two Level 90's or leveling alts and getting them pvp geared. I'm not very big on sitting down and doing the same quests over and over again to earn Elder Charms. The only real reason I do them is so I can use a gold coin on Sha for maybe a lucky PvP drop to save some conquest. Unfortunately I believe the bad RNG bug is attached to every one of my characters as the only thing I've seen from Sha is the quest item and a cruddy bag o' gold.

    Is there any thoughts of implementing a way to earn elder charms of fortune through PvP? My idea is that you could earn a certain number of Silver coins for completing a Random battleground, Arena Match and a Rated Battleground. Something that is comparable to earning the same amount of Silver coins for 25+ daily quests through PvP gameplay.

    Just a thought. Gold Coin for yours?

  2. #2
    Seeing as you will be able to get them from Pet Battles next patch, I see no reason why PvP shouldn't also award them....everyone likes choices right?

  3. #3
    so if you get charms from pvp, can i get conquest points from pve?

    want pve currency? do pve.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

  4. #4
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    1,951
    I agree, but how so? Duels? If you put them on BG's, PvE will complain that they don't get theirs from Dungeons.

    Ooooh. Make them come from World PvP? An HK in the world gives you something like 3-4 lesser charms?

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-29 at 01:06 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    so if you get charms from pvp, can i get conquest points from pve?

    want pve currency? do pve.
    It's not just PvE currency. PVP gear from Galleon/Sha say hi. This will only be expanded next patch.

  5. #5
    The Lightbringer shise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Spaniard in Copenhagen
    Posts
    3,828
    Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    so if you get charms from pvp, can i get conquest points from pve?

    want pve currency? do pve.
    Exactly.

    10 chars.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    It's not just PvE currency. PVP gear from Galleon/Sha say hi. This will only be expanded next patch.
    sha/galleon is pve. pve currency, pve content.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

  7. #7
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    1,951
    Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    sha/galleon is pve. pve currency, pve content.
    But PvP gear. So it's technically also pvp content. It's a boss that PvPers are pretty much forced to do, just like Vault of Archavon and Baradin Hold were.

  8. #8
    yup if u do that, i want 200 conquest points when i kill a raid boss :P

  9. #9
    Brewmaster slackjawsix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Tell me! where am i!
    Posts
    1,342
    Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    so if you get charms from pvp, can i get conquest points from pve?

    want pve currency? do pve.
    how in anyway are charms=conquest to begin with if anything charms=like an honorable kill... anyway Sha is pvp content like VOA and Baradin was, although instead of winning a bg, you have to tag first and on pvp realms and some pve realms their is pvp fighting during the engagement
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by slackjawsix View Post
    how in anyway are charms=conquest to begin with if anything charms=like an honorable kill... anyway Sha is pvp content like VOA and Baradin was, although instead of winning a bg, you have to tag first and on pvp realms and some pve realms their is pvp fighting during the engagement
    is the sha a player controlled character? no? its pve.

    pve content, pve currency. doesn't matter that it drops pvp gear obsessionally, its a pve encounter. you used to be able to buy merciless gear with tokens dropped in sunwell. was sunwell pvp content?
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    is the sha a player controlled character? no? its pve.

    pve content, pve currency. doesn't matter that it drops pvp gear obsessionally, its a pve encounter. you used to be able to buy merciless gear with tokens dropped in sunwell. was sunwell pvp content?
    did you not know the new bg are pve content. because you need to go there for your legendary questline:P

  12. #12
    Stood in the Fire LummyBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Brigher Side
    Posts
    409
    I only PvP and haven't done a single daily for charms for a 'chance' at sha drop.

  13. #13
    Brewmaster Detheavn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The Nether .... lands
    Posts
    1,477
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    But PvP gear. So it's technically also pvp content. It's a boss that PvPers are pretty much forced to do, just like Vault of Archavon and Baradin Hold were.
    Do you need to PvP in order to get the boss down? No.
    It's the same with Tol Barad and Wintergrasp. The areas were for PvP, but the bosses themselves required no PvP whatsoever.
    That they can award PvP gear does not make it PvP content.
    Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    did you not know the new bg are pve content. because you need to go there for your legendary questline:P
    And some world achievements, not found under PvP achievements, do require to do some PvP. Your point being?

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    so if you get charms from pvp, can i get conquest points from pve?

    want pve currency? do pve.
    Sha doesn't drop PvP gear then no?

    Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    sha/galleon is pve. pve currency, pve content.
    You obviously play on a PvE server, because on mine (ie a PvP server) it's very much PvP content!!

  15. #15
    Old God Nerraw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    10,733
    If they implement coins gained from PVP, cue the incoming rants on how PVP is "mandatory" for PVEers.

  16. #16
    YES! add that, and i also want them for " whining on the form" " trolling on the forum" It does not even have to be the officel one, MMO will still reward you them.
    When you kill critters, When you kill low levels, when you die in PVP - World or battle ground so even if you are bad at pvp you will still get it. When you do missions, even on alts, you get Elder charms all around on all chars. You should also get them, when you kill random mobs ( the level does not matter)

    oh yeah in case you can not see it, i am being rather sarcastic. If you want to get more in PVE, you should not be rewarded by doing PVP. for the same reason they added PVP power, so you kind of need PVP gear to do PVP.

    edit : OMG i forgot when you duel, when you craft stuff, when you herb/skin/mine, when you stand AFK in major citys. Elder charms all around for everyone " And you get get some Elder charms and you get some. EVERYBODY get some Elder charms"
    Last edited by ragemv; 2013-01-30 at 10:15 AM.
    (i am 20 and dyslexic so yes i suck at spelling)

  17. #17
    If everyone in BG is a bot, does it become PvE?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    did you not know the new bg are pve content. because you need to go there for your legendary questline:P
    by that reasoning ICC was pvp content, because all i used my shadowmourne for was pvp.

    Quote Originally Posted by Telila View Post
    Sha doesn't drop PvP gear then no?

    You obviously play on a PvE server, because on mine (ie a PvP server) it's very much PvP content!!
    lol.

    again. is the sha himself a player controlled character? no? he is a pve encounter. just because some alliance comes over and tries to wipe you doesn't make the fight any less pve content.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

  19. #19
    Why do PvErs get so defensive and insulted when a PvPer wants something extra from their playstyle? It's not like either side enjoys doing dailies but it's not just this topic, every time a PvPer asks for something extra it's always a PvE confrontation.
    One cannot simply quit wow his way into Mordor.

  20. #20
    Some people in this thread really can't see why someone who plays for PvP might want charms from a bag at the end of a bg or something, or available for purchase with honor to make doing the only boss that drops PvP gear a little more tolerable? Come on guys : /

    Slaying dragons isn't some secret club. I think you can share your coins. I'm with OP.
    It's worth noting that the entire theme of this expac has been progressing the way you want. I don't see how buying charms with honor betrays that philosophy.
    Last edited by Henako; 2013-01-30 at 03:21 PM.
    Just calm down.
    My Stream - My Youtube Channel

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •