Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sandmoth12 View Post
    You can't have children with a dog -_-*
    This is true, it has been proved several times. Although I believe the act of proving it is illegal in most countries.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    So you want to become one of those fathers that doesn't show affection for their children other than your idea of emotion? Meh, up to you but that sounds like a shitty way for a kid to grow up. Better than my childhood I suppose...
    yea i have a friend and co-worker that ive known for about the past 10 years and hit dad is sort of one of those no emotion/silent types. doesnt really interact with his family or friends almost to the point id consider him a recluse.

he's told me stories of his childhood and ive thought to myself "man that just sounds terrible and boring". i think ive been to a couple of his kids bday parties theyve had at his house and he never came to any of them.

anyways i agree, i dont really see the point of getting married if you have the attitude like that, it just seems like it would be terrible for the kids. my friend fortunately turned out alright, but i can see how kids could/would suffer with having a parent that just decided to go thru the motions and not care about anything but themselves.

Deleted
    Why would you marry her if you're not passionate about her?^^

---------- Post added 2013-01-28 at 01:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by pucGG View Post
    This is true, it has been proved several times. Although I believe the act of proving it is illegal in most countries.
    what is this I dont even

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    I cry when i watch Peta videos. I need to unsub from their channel. But i could have a light snack while watching Vice videos about syria or the cannibal warlords.
    While I'm not sure if you're being tongue-in-cheek or not, I have to agree with you about Syria. What are we supposed to do? Day after day it's in the daily news. Look, how shit Bashar Assad is. Look at how shit the opposition are, Al Qaeda are getting a foothold there! Look, it's just terrible! Look another bad thing happened! And if you were minded to donate to a charity there, you know it would end up in the hands of armed militants!

I'm sick of hearing about it! I don't seem to recall the news reporting much on the situation in Mali before France intervened. Can't we hear about other shit things going on rather than relentless Syria?

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't have children with a dog -_-*
    Or can you...

IDK, honestly since marriage doesn't actually mean anything anymore, I think I would just skip... That is if I met someone interesting enough. I've been pushing everyone away due to lack of interest in relationships.

I am the kind of person that if a woman married me, then I would be a great provider financially. I would take care of her and give her everything she needs. However, it there would be very little emotion and passion in the marriage. Even the bedroom would not be that hot, and mostly just about business.

Anyway that's me. How about you?

EDIT: Rating this type of stuff on some type of scale is boring to me. I figure a short descriptive story paints a better picture.
    To me, you are making it sound like you are not attracted to women? I mean how can you say "if I married a woman, I can provide for her, but there would be little emotion and/or desire to be passionate, basically just a quick fuck and good night" and not question your attraction to women? It's almost as if you're saying (actually, you are basically saying this) "I'd marry a women purely because it's "marriage" and that's what you do in life". You don't marry someone for any other reason other than a (albeit silly imo, even though I'm married) status of taking your love to the next level.

Marriage... truthfully... came about out of religious bullshit more than anything. You don't magically become more attracted, more passionate, more connected by marrying someone. It doesn't "validate" your love. So yea. :P

Well, during my first deployment i killed a Iraqi insurrgent who was shooting at my guard tower

It didn't seem to phase me one bit, it was like doing a chore....taking out the trash or whatever. I didn't bat an eye then, and i still don't now. Sometimes i wonder if that makes me a bit of a oddity, but...well who knows.

Ive had friends and family die, and while it saddens me now to think about it, at the times that the deaths occured i didn't feel any emotion at all.

Deleted
    A child needs both parents to show them love and affection. You really shouldn't even think about kids if you cannot provide that.
    With your current way of thinking staying single forever and having an occasional fling sounds more fitting. Not trying to be offensive or anything, But your child would end up so disturbed. Nor do i think your marriage would be in a great place unless ofcourse you find someone like you or a golddigger like someone said.

Deleted
    I'm the complete opposite of the OP in every way. I would not work for a single hour to provide for anyone with 2 healthy arms and legs and would sooner throw my BF or even husband out than provide for him but I would always have time to listen to hes problems and and wouldn't have to feign that I care about them. I'm not cold hearted at all. But on the other hand I just really don't care about career and money and kind of hate all work that isn't creative and leave me in control of my time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    I'm the complete opposite of the OP in every way. I would not work for a single hour to provide for anyone with 2 healthy arms and legs and would sooner throw my BF or even husband out than provide for him but I would always have time to listen to hes problems and and wouldn't have to feign that I care about them. I'm not cold hearted at all. But on the other hand I just really don't care about career and money and kind of hate all work that isn't creative and leave me in control of my time.
    Thats not being cold hearted liz, thats just being independant and assertive.

I wouldn't want to just provide for someone either, that just sounds like being used.

Emotional strength is just that, a strength. If you lack the ability to emotionally connect with people and you dare enter into a life bond with someone like marriage with basically no heart at all, you are weak minded. You are missing out on a huge aspect of being alive, a human, because you lack the capacity for emotional connection.

I've seen this kind of nonsense talk from people many times and not once has it been sincere. You're either trying really hard to convince people that you're emotionless because you think that it makes you seem like a badass (which it doesn't and is laughable), or you are just as big a loser as you're coming off as.

10+ Year Old Account
    Replying to the now -fixed title- thread:

I end up investing a lot of passion.. It's one of the gearwheels that makes a relationship with ANYONE interesting and worth having..

That said, I've had a few comments I sometimes put my "rape-face on" and yet again none were complaints of that fact..
    "Maybe we wouldn't keep getting hurt if we just expected the worst.."

"Smiling doesn't always mean you're happy. Sometimes, it simply means you are a strong person"

10+ Year Old Account
    I tore out my own heart and tossed it into a pit to be rid of my last shred of humanity. That's how cold I am.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Thats not being cold hearted liz, thats just being independant and assertive.

I wouldn't want to just provide for someone either, that just sounds like being used.
    Am I using my fiance if we decide that I be a stay at home dad? She is more calculating and rational and is already set in her career, while I am finishing my degree and looking for a career? (We haven't had kids nor are we planning to for awhile but we've talked about this.)

10+ Year Old Account
    *shrugs* Not everyone expresses love in the same way. For some people, being that strong provider is the highest form of affection. The tricky part is finding a partner whose idea of love and affection compliments that. They don't seem all too common.

My grandfather was the "stone-cold" provider type. He rarely showed much emotion, but when you looked deep enough and really took in the whole picture, you could see that he loved his family dearly. You just had to know how to speak his language.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    So you want to become one of those fathers that doesn't show affection for their children other than your idea of emotion? Meh, up to you but that sounds like a shitty way for a kid to grow up. Better than my childhood I suppose...

This sounds familiar, I didn't turn out too fucked up though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guuysss, the OP changed the thread name.. but it's somehow bugged so it wouldn't update unless you enter topic and then go to first page..

The idea of this is to talk about your passion, not frozen hearts.
    "Maybe we wouldn't keep getting hurt if we just expected the worst.."

"Smiling doesn't always mean you're happy. Sometimes, it simply means you are a strong person"

Quote Originally Posted by Brash View Post
    Am I using my fiance if we decide that I be a stay at home dad? She is more calculating and rational and is already set in her career, while I am finishing my degree and looking for a career? (We haven't had kids nor are we planning to for awhile but we've talked about this.)
    No not at all, every spouse/ partner has a part to play.

I guess im refering to guys who sleep in till 3 while their signifigant other is paying the bills...or the "trophey" wife who spends 2000$ on clothes shopping in one day while doing nothing to earn a income.

I wish I could pretend to be really cold hearted on the internet. That'd make me feel really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I wish I could pretend to be really cold hearted on the internet. That'd make me feel really cool.

Won't work for you spectral, your known to be a big ol cuddly teddybear