Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    And Broxigar the red stepped out of the dust, countless foes piled up behind him and his mighty axe.

No he's the greatest warrior of all time, yes he's a Knaak creation, though he's a creation that died. So I'm pretty okay with that.

And he was the greatest warrior even before he got the axe, atleast in my book. He searched death for years and did not die, he searched battles that Garrosh and Varian would hide in fear.

Quote Originally Posted by Madruga View Post
    Don't underestimate Thrall... In the book he fought against a powered Blackmoore using the full armor the Doomhammer and that vicious broadsword. In that reality, Blackmoore was powerfull enough to defeat Orgrim Doomhammer, and yet Thrall was able to kill him, being a leather wearing caster type and all.

I still think Thrall could beat Goldrinn-powered Varian.
    Thrall was not even as strong as Garrosh in pure melee combat as shown when they dueled that Garrosh almost won it if not for Thrall's lightning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Thrall was not even as strong as Garrosh in pure melee combat as shown when they dueled that Garrosh almost won it if not for Thrall's lightning.
    this again? Why do you even use this in debate? The comic showed the fight and showed Thrall pushing Garrosh off him like he was a paper bag. Now we can debate on what you consider canon to what others consider canon, but it will never be decided.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    unfortunately blizzard seems to be in the habit of ignoring interesting characters like varok or rexxar.
    I think Blizzard realizes that they're getting good at making terrible stories. It's better that they leave those interesting characters alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    no Swifty is :P

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    this again? Why do you even use this in debate? The comic showed the fight and showed Thrall pushing Garrosh off him like he was a paper bag. Now we can debate on what you consider canon to what others consider canon, but it will never be decided.
    Not to really contend your point if Thrall is stronger than Garrosh (he is...A LOT stronger than Garrosh), I think Blizzard has stated that where the game disagrees with books/comics/whatever, the game is always right.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    Right now ?

Yes by a long long mile.

Deleted
    Saurfang in his prime.
    Broxigar if he was alive.
    Garrosh has gotten pretty beastly lately, but in the book iirc, Varian beat his ass down.
    Thrall would fuck Varian up.

Since Goldrin buffed him it seems that way, though Sha infested Garrosh will most likely be just as good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Helai View Post
    Saurfang in his prime.
    Broxigar if he was alive.
    Garrosh has gotten pretty beastly lately, but in the book iirc, Varian beat his ass down.
    Thrall would fuck Varian up.
    Thrall is not a warrior, irrilevant ( and it would be an even match anyways ).

By your logic:

Arthas would kick Thrall's ass anytime.

See? Pointless comparison .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Justforthis123 View Post
    Thrall is not a warrior, irrilevant ( and it would be an even match anyways ).

By your logic:

Arthas would kick Thrall's ass anytime.

See? Pointless comparison .
    Thrall was brought up in an arena as well as Varian. They are both Gladiators.

Deleted
    Thrall was brought up in an arena as well as Varian. They are both Gladiators.
    Thrall is a shaman ( that doesnt even cast fs before lb { remember hot ? :P })

Varian is a warrior.

Ash is a pokemon trainer.

And dont forget that apples arent oranges.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Justforthis123 View Post
    Thrall is a shaman ( that doesnt even cast fs before lb { remember hot ? :P })

Varian is a warrior.

Ash is a pokemon trainer.

And dont forget that apples arent oranges.
    Brb brick wall.
    Varian is some schizophrenic Human.
    Thrall is some hippy Orc.

Thrall was a gladiator.
    Thrall took down Durnholde Keep, controlling the elements.
    Thrall assisted the Aspects take down Deathwing.
    Orcs are supposed to be 10x stronger than a Human.

Varian almost defeated Garrosh in a book.

Uh, yeah.
    Apples aren't oranges.

Deleted
    lots of people here seem too forget that Azeroth still excists cause varok saurfang allows it too excist.
    just one tiny swing and everything would be cleaved in half.

do not anger him, by making silly assumptions anyone would be a greater warrior then him. he cleave you in half and then your halfes in half

Deleted
    Brb brick wall.
    Varian is some schizophrenic Human.
    Thrall is some hippy Orc.

Thrall was a gladiator.
    Thrall took down Durnholde Keep, controlling the elements.
    Thrall assisted the Aspects take down Deathwing.
    Orcs are supposed to be 10x stronger than a Human.

Varian almost defeated Garrosh in a book.

Uh, yeah.
    Apples aren't oranges.
    Thank you for proving my point by coming to your senses .

Your bias apart of course .

Deleted
    Garrosh is the stongest.

10+ Year Old Account
    He is now probably. But in azeroth being the best warrior is like being the strongest 1st grader of your class.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Not to really contend your point if Thrall is stronger than Garrosh (he is...A LOT stronger than Garrosh), I think Blizzard has stated that where the game disagrees with books/comics/whatever, the game is always right.
    As a warrior Garrosh seems to be stronger.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aldar View Post
    Who do you think can give Varian a run for his money in armed combat, personally i think Garosh is the closest now that Thrall's been outa practice, but i think Varian edges Garosh out in a fight to the death. what kind of abilities do you think the lo'gosh spirit gives Varian? Do you think well get to see them in the siege of Ogrimmar?
    It depends. In his prime, Lothar would mop the floor with Varian. Saurfang and Varian seem well-matched. In a contest of pure arms, Varian's focus on warrior training would give him an edge over Thrall, but a no-holds-barred fight to the death would probably see Thrall on top due to his rather vast shamanic skillset (same reason he, in the comics and current canon, trounced Garrosh with a single call during their duel during the second Scourge Invasion after a stalemate when he stuck to only using the Doomhammer). Garrosh would have an early upper hand, but he tends to tire himself out while recently Varian has taken to fighting smarter, not harder. Lor'themar's breadth of experience might allow him to tangle with Varian, though he hasn't really gotten a chance to flex his muscles, so to speak. Baine would give Varian a good run for his money, seeing as Baine seems to be every bit the warrior his father was, and it took poison to bring Cairne down in his duel with Garrosh.

But we all know Deathguard Darnell would take him down no problem. /joke

---------- Post added 2013-01-28 at 11:03 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Their stance tends more toward the most recent telling of an event being the current canon, which makes the comic event the current canon (where he and Garrosh were evenly matched until Thrall began using calls, which ended the mak'gora in one blow).
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by wooootles View Post
    Broxigar had a magic axe and nicked Sargeras---big whoop, now he's dead.
    Ummmm

When he passed through, and arrived in the realm of the Burning Legion, he proceeded to slaughter multitudes of demons, blocking their advance towards the portal, slaying so many that he ended up standing atop a hill of their bodies — mocking more to come challenge him. It was there that he eventually attracted the attention of Sargeras, who came personally to put an end to the orc's life.

Since hes dead now i have to say his bro Varok is the best warrior alive.