Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    This is true it was the Twilight's Hemmer that stated it. But the King's response was uncalled for. All because there are orcs with the Twilight's Hammer dose not mean Thrall was trying to assassinate Him.
    ...what? The trading happened even after that event at Theramore. It fell apart because Twilight's Hammer in Ashenvale framed the Horde. Thrall refused to even admit that it was potentially the fault of the Horde. And then Garrosh, nearly immediately upon becoming Warchief, marches on Night Elven lands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    ...what? The trading happened even after that event at Theramore. It fell apart because Twilight's Hammer in Ashenvale framed the Horde. Thrall refused to even admit that it was potentially the fault of the Horde. And then Garrosh, nearly immediately upon becoming Warchief, marches on Night Elven lands.
    You might be right. I might be getting events mixed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Falrinn View Post
    From my knowledge of real history, it's incredibly rare for a capital city to be moved just because the previous regime became unpopular. In fact the new regime generally does everything it can to take control of, and rule from, the original capital so they can be seen as the legitimate rulers of the country. In fact off-hand I can't recall a single historical instance of a capital being moved due to a regime change.

Orgrimmar, for better or worse, represents the center of the Horde. And abandoning the city because the Orcs are too emotionally sensitive to deal with reminders of Garrosh's reign would be kind of odd if you ask me.
    Spain did change the capital from one city to another a couple of times around the 1400-1500, but it had more to do with the different sizes the kingdom had as they conquered or lost lands.

Logistically Orgrimmar is in a very nice spot, everything of relevance is at a hand's reach. However, I hate those dry 2004-design canyons, so I'd like Orgrimmar to relocate, starting completely fresh flora and design-wise. But, as it would be inconsistent with the surrounding Cata-revamped zones and leveling experience, I doubt Orgrimmar will move from where it is.

Reshaped, perhaps. Maybe the druids finally realize they hold some badass terraforming capabilities in their grasp, so Durotar ought to be greened up a bit.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

Why is Pandaria not a viable option for a new orc main city?

orgrimar will remain where it is but the capital moves to the new found land.
    Maybe most of the Pandaren will choose horde or Ally when this all comes to an end?

To me it seems the most logical option.

Stay out of my Ashenvale -.-
    Go to Desolace for all i care. Thats going to get green again :P

Desolace is pretty green now! we should move

Deleted
    In fact off-hand I can't recall a single historical instance of a capital being moved due to a regime change.
    Moscow -> St. Petersburg (1712)
    St. Petersburg -> Moscow (1918)
    Toronto/Quebec City -> Ottowa (1857)
    Calcutta -> Delhi (1911)
    Delhi -> New Delhi (1947)
    Salvador -> Rio de Janeiro (1769)
    Rio de Janeiro -> Brasilia (1961)
    Abidjan -> Yamoussoukro (1983)
    Lagos -> Abuja (1991)

Well, the list goes on, but you get the point

If I'm not mistaken, wasn't the first few attacks on Ashenvale caused by a load of Twilight Cultists dressed up as Horde members to start the war? I'm sure I read that in the book.

Quote Originally Posted by dejec1989 View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, wasn't the first few attacks on Ashenvale caused by a load of Twilight Cultists dressed up as Horde members to start the war? I'm sure I read that in the book.
    Yup.
    /10chars
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dejec1989 View Post
    Indeed that is the impression we got from the book, however I do not think it was explicitly stated in the pages as such just that the Orcs did not serve Thrall at all. (if anybody can find a reference that names the twilights hammer explicitly feel free to correct me here)

Garrosh vehimently denied the accusations and used it as an excuse to fight to the death against his accuser, something that pretty much sent a strong message to the Horde.

The Message: It doesn't matter who you are, if you criticise your Warchief you will wind up dead.

It remains possible that Garrosh was behind it to get his war going and used the Mak'Gora to deflect everything away from him and increase his grip on power. But I found the book reference was so vague it left us guessing, likely as intended.

If memory serves the Ashenvale situation was Wrathgate happens, Night Elves cease trade in response, Cenerion Circle set up meeting to mend fences, Druids are attacked by the Twilight's Hammer disguised as Horde, Hamuul Runetotem barely survives, informs Cairne of the apparent orc attack, Cairne challenges Garrosh and dies, Garrosh invades Ashenvale.

On topic: Garrosh could have singlehandedly made himself a god by mobilizing the druids into making Durotar fertile and not letting the goblins pollute Org's water supply
    Last edited by Taium; 2013-01-28 at 12:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jai151
    Garrosh Hellscream, because when the world's already gone to hell, it takes a special kind of orc to make it worse.

From my knowledge of real history, it's incredibly rare for a capital city to be moved just because the previous regime became unpopular. In fact the new regime generally does everything it can to take control of, and rule from, the original capital so they can be seen as the legitimate rulers of the country. In fact off-hand I can't recall a single historical instance of a capital being moved due to a regime change.

Orgrimmar, for better or worse, represents the center of the Horde. And abandoning the city because the Orcs are too emotionally sensitive to deal with reminders of Garrosh's reign would be kind of odd if you ask me.

Soviet Russia and Turkey come to mind. It's not that rare.

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Hate to burst all the hordies bubbles here, but, as of the Alliance questline in Ashenvale, the Horde have been defeated and Warsong Lumber camp destroyed. This takes place after the Horde's blitz into the forest. Durotar and Orgrimmar are fine where they are. Ashenvale is lost to you and in the hands of its natives, where it belongs.
    Not true. The night elves ATTACK the Warsong Lumber Camp, but said camp is not destroyed, or even pushed back.

Also I'd like to see your proof that the alliance questchain takes place after the horde's questchain, because after doing both, it seems evidence points to the contrary. Alliance sends gnomes to the captured Night Elf outpost that is in the hands of the horde, and the horde have a quest to repel those gnomes and punt them to oblivion. Alliance liberates the furbolgs captured by the orcs, Horde has a quest to repel the Furbolg retaliation. Alliance attacks Warsong Lumber Camp (Assassinating a CIVILIAN AMBASSADOR tsk tsk tsk), horde gets a quest to kick their asses out.

The one thing that did got repelled was the attack in Astranaar. Just like the horde repels the attack on Splintertree Post.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)