Deleted

could we get reporting without logging in?

i visit my grandmother about twice a month, and I also browse MMO-C on my phone from time to time. if I was able to report people without logging in, it would do it from those 2 places as well. I can see how other posters, and lurkers without accounts, would do the same. i don't think it would really cause any bad side effects, apart from people who spam reports, and you can build something like "no more than 20 reports per hour". If you need to report someone every 3 minutes, you're creating as much spam as the people you report.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't approve of that. Might be abused by people whom does or does not have an account. And worse, it can't be tracked by the admins that well. Now you have a user name you can tag to the report, but without, it would just be a random post. And this may also cause more reports as it can't be traced towards whom but only the one reported.

Think you have to calculate for multiple sides, not only the one reporting.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

It's an interesting idea, I'd be concerned with people abusing it though. There are some people who like to go on reporting sprees and report things they know are perfectly fine just because. Right now we can handle that, but if people could do it without logging in those few would probably ruin it for everyone and make it harder for us to handle the real reports :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    It's an interesting idea, I'd be concerned with people abusing it though. There are some people who like to go on reporting sprees and report things they know are perfectly fine just because. Right now we can handle that, but if people could do it without logging in those few would probably ruin it for everyone and make it harder for us to handle the real reports :/
    that's why I recommend putting a limit on how often you can report anonymously, like at most 3 times in 15 minutes or something like that. something that still allows for effective reporting, but doesn't invite people to incessantly spam reports.

I'll poke Sunshine about it and see. I don't really know what it would take time wise to implement something like that and she would have a much clearer idea on it

15+ Year Old Account
    As far as I can tell there's no built-in way to do this in vBulletin, and I'm not sure it's worth writing something new from scratch in this case.

If you use an iPhone MMO-C should keep you logged in anyway. I have MMO-C logged in to my iPad, iPhone, and desktop simultaneously and it'll basically never log me off.

I mean, I also log onto MMO-C from my school desktops but it takes like 5 seconds lol, it's not too bad.