View Poll Results: can players use the pass loot option without anoying others?

Voters
83. This poll is closed
  • yes they can

19 22.89%
  • no they cant

60 72.29%
  • not sure

4 4.82%
Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

no pass ontion on roll in lfr

according tom to the front page of mmo-c blizzard don't not want to include a pass option in lfr as they don't want players will pester others into passing on a roll for a certain boss.

i thought the pass option would solve the problem of players getting loot from a certain boss where they don't need but another player did.

i honestly though something like that could work but when i saw the blue response it saddens me to see that the blues don't really trust the community when it comes to lfr to even a small degree

what do you guys think could players use this system without harassing others if it was implemented.

in all honestly i think people can. as for why i think that its coz the majority of people are sensible

please say if you think this can be done sensibly or not and inclued why
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2013-01-28 at 12:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think a system would work where if you get a loot drop in LFR it should say 'you have won <itemname>, would you like to loot this item or pass on it?' - and if you pass on it another player will get asked the same thing. For example a spirit neck drops, and I win it, but I don't want it so I can then pass on it, when I do another eligible spirit wearer gets the option.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymeat View Post
    I think a system would work where if you get a loot drop in LFR it should say 'you have won <itemname>, would you like to loot this item or pass on it?' - and if you pass on it another player will get asked the same thing. For example a spirit neck drops, and I win it, but I don't want it so I can then pass on it, when I do another eligible spirit wearer gets the option.
    something like that would be nice and instead you get the bag of gold

for example my kitty has all 483 or better except 1 trinket slot i only do lfr on him for vp i was dreading that id win another sha touched staff as i haven't decided on having a os or not (have 3 teir tokens ready for when i make my ind up) so it would be nice to be able to pass all that and give it to somne1 that can make use of them

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    what do you guys think could players use this system without harassing others if it was implemented.

in all honestly i think people can. as for why i think that its coz the majority of people are sensible

please say if you think this can be done sensibly or not and inclued why
    Nope. the previous system in Dragon Soul LFR was enough proof for it.
    And passing loot with this system is pointless because there's no cap on how many items can drop per boss, it's just the chance of everyone getting an item is very low (something like 0.01%).
    Rufflesaurus <Huhuholics> Tarren Mill EU

I'm a little confused. So they're changing the system for LFR? What do you mean you can't pass on an item? I thought it just goes into your bag if you won it?

ruffles chance of winning a item is about 15% according to the devs any system roll below 85 awards you with a gold bag from what i've heard

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymeat View Post
    LOL they would have to rewrite so much code its not really cost effective and/or needed, they listened to all the bitching about people hounding each other when LFR started so they changed it to put a stop to that kinda crap....and I am sure they are listening now, give them a chance to work in any changes they may want to make in later patches!!!

They just need to make it so you pass it to a random person. That would remove any drama from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    I'm a little confused. So they're changing the system for LFR? What do you mean you can't pass on an item? I thought it just goes into your bag if you won it?
    no they are not people have asked for a pass option in lfr but blizzard don't want to add 1 because because they fear people will pester others like in the ds lfr

Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    No, he wants a pass option on items if you win them but Ghostcrawler said that they won't change the system by adding a pass option.
    Rufflesaurus <Huhuholics> Tarren Mill EU

i honestly though something like that could work but when i saw the blue response it saddens me to see that the blues don't really trust the community when it comes to lfr to even a small degree
    If this saddens you and you don't understand why then you either did not do Dragon Soul LFR very much or not at all. Dragon Soul LFR loot is exactly what they want to avoid hence the new system.

Where you give power like that to the community there is a way for others to harass and/or abuse it. Basically if you want a shot at loot do LFR, if you want to do the nice thing and pass and such to others who needed it then you should be doing normal/heroic. LFR while trying to be nice people will just spit on you the first chance they get when it can benefit them as they won't see you anymore after that run.

[QUOTE=Lucetia;20006288]If this saddens you and you don't understand why then you either did not do Dragon Soul LFR very much or not at all. Dragon Soul LFR loot is exactly what they want to avoid hence the new system.

i did ds lfr alot and tbh i wasn't affected much by the loot system in ds lfr and i also didn't need on anything i didn't need or to trade and your last sentence is exactly why i didn't need on loot to trade i also didn't trade loot i did need.

i was told i a different thread that was talking about the old lfr system that i was in the minority

Hypothetical situation:
    I can disenchant items. Why should I pass?
    Another one:
    I can sell items. Why should I pass?
    Another one:
    I grudge worse players getting loot. Why should I pass?
    Another one:
    If I pass the item, it will most likely end up at a player who is thinking like I wrote above. Why should I pass for him, who doesn't need it either?

Also I hated to see druids, shamans, warlocks, priests, mages rolling on the caster-dagger at madness. Bears, kitties and enhancement shamans got +100 bonus, even if the dagger was useless for their spec.
    Funny thing was, the caster dagger had around 27% dropchance, and the daggers that were rogue-only had the same chance. Even the crossbow (or whatever ranged weapon it was) had also around 27%.
    Please explain to me how the old system was fair.

TL;DR: I don't want to change the actual lfr-loot-system to change in any way.
    Last edited by WurstKaeseSzenario; 2013-01-28 at 12:46 AM.

I'm glad blizz are sticking to their guns with this one, they have said many times that this new loot system will not get you more loot. Just a way to stop the drama that happened in Dragon Soul.

Quote Originally Posted by dR-vIce View Post
    Hypothetical situation:
    I can disenchant items. Why should I pass?
    Another one:
    I can sell items. Why should I pass?
    Another one:
    I grudge worse players getting loot. Why should I pass?
    Another one:
    If I pass the item, it will most likely end up at a player who disenchants or sells it. Why should I pass for him, who doesn't need it either?

ok

part 1 disenchanting - ofc you wouldn't pass, i wouldn't even pass on my enchanter altho he still needs more than 1 peice

part 2 selling - most slots you can get gear for are worth less than the gold bag from what i remember only weapons, chest's helms and tokens are worth over 28.5g to vendor and since you cant have both the item and bag the bag is worth more

part 3 grudge- how do they get better gear altho if they died early and stupidly then they deserve no loot and then you are just reinforcing that people have to do dailies to get vp gear to fill slots (another topic lets not go there)

how do u know he or she doesn't actually need that item and are disenchanting a lower ilvl epic? and see part 2 for selling

some times when i win a peice of lot i have or have better than. i ask my self why didn't i just get given the bag as its worth more

also you would be in control of the roll if the mechanic was implemented i would pass unless some1 whispered me asking me to pass then id hit the roll option because they asked
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2013-01-28 at 12:50 AM.

What they need is a re-roll option for when loot you already have(or don't need) drops, allowing you a shot at loot from all the bosses instead of the loot you got. The problem we currently have is that there is really no reason to run some raids at all, or to do all the bosses, and this has been driving up queue times. Chances are I'm not going to be passing on loot I don't need in LFR(if such a system existed) because if I don't need the loot I'm not going to be there in the first place.

You should be able to cap valor doing all 5 LFRs. All tier pieces should have a slightly lower chance(compared to the bosses loot list) of dropping from any boss. Add a reroll option as stated above for a shot at some loot they may need from another boss. These things would help keep people from leaving LFR as soon as they kill a boss, help keep people running LFR and help keep queues down. These are the problems with LFR right now, not passing on loot.

also you would be in control of the roll if the mechanic was implemented i would pass unless some1 whispered me asking me to pass then id hit the roll option because they asked
    I certainly do not want getting 10 whispers each time I win an item.
    Also do I not want to be flamed by 9 of these 10 people after i passed and they still didn't win; or if i chose to keep the item for style/secondary equipment.

I wonder how some of you can really expect an interactive loot system to be working in lfr. Haven't you been in ds? People are not passing. If they can press need, they will.
    In ds 10-15 people hit need on every item. Rest was greeding, because they couldn't roll need; and 1 or 2 people were passing for whatever reason. Probably they missed the need/greed buttons.

I guess most people who want back the old system are hunters, enhancers, rogues, ferals and holy pallys. Those classes/specs have had zero or almost zero competition on their loot. Holy pala: 1 spec out of 30 for armor, 3 for shields/maces, 6 for sprit necklaces/rings. hunter/enhancer: 4 specs out of 30 - 5 if you consider elemental and also getting +100 bonusrolls on dd-equipment. rogues/feral: 4 out of 30 - 5 if you consider moonkin bonus rolls. In comparison: mage - 9/30 on most cloth. 11/30 on trinkets/rings/daggers/staffs/necklaces - 16/30 if you consider enhancement and feral being able to roll on castergear and getting +100 bonus and rings/necklaces sometimes being flagged as healer/caster-dd.

Deleted
    I've had i think 2 compitent LFR groups since mists release, and both had some sort of guild presence, i.e 5 of my guild, 5 of another, both progressed etc. The rest from solo queues i've got have been so without any tiny bit of common sense i wouldn't want to trust the community with it either. It's quite depressing really.

I don't really see why it be such an issue. I mean getting the same loot 3 times and having to vender it helps no body.

Pass option would work on loot system with fixed number of drops say 6 drops per boss kill, but in current system chance of anyone winning something is completely independent from others, so all 25 ppl can win something or same thing if they had same specs, what would pass mean in this sense? you see why pass cant work in this system?
    "Blizzard is not incompetent or stupid and they are not intentionally screwing you over"