Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting theory sir but I don't think that's it. Whatever this darkness is, I got a good idea Garrosh will get a hand on it or do something nasty to get it. But I digress. Dark days are coming.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    Interesting theory sir but I don't think that's it. Whatever this darkness is, I got a good idea Garrosh will get a hand on it or do something nasty to get it. But I digress. Dark days are coming.
    At any random point in Warcraft history, the phrase "dark days are coming" is fairly applicable.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

If you read the burdens of the emperor, he defeats and imprisoned all the sha beneath the ground........

"While mischief was the Monkey King's motivation, the mask worked - As Shaohao pulled the mask away, his doubts took on a physical form. For seven hours they fought, until the Sha of Doubt was buried"

"The battle against the Sha of Fear lasted a week and a day, during which time legend has it that the sun never rose. When the Sha was at last defeated and imprisoned in the earth"

"The Monkey King sprang into action, and carved three masks. The Emperor wore each mask in turn, and with the help of his friends, as well as all the greatest warriors of Pandaria, the Sha of Anger, the Sha of Hatred, and the Sha of Violence were defeated and imprisoned beneath the ground."

So he is imprisoning them all under the ground.....
    We are fighting the sha now and defeating them... I don't know if that's the same though.

I am thinking about this very simple:
    If those sha where the emotions of the emperor and they are still present, then the emperor must be also.
    The only way to get rid of emotions is to finish the bearer of those emotions!

So I am sticking to my theory that we'll see Shaohao somewhere down the line. Maybe not as enemy but we'll have to meet him. Just my theory.
    Last edited by Synstir; 2013-01-28 at 09:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    If you read the burdens of the emperor, he defeats and imprisoned all the sha beneath the ground........

"While mischief was the Monkey King's motivation, the mask worked - As Shaohao pulled the mask away, his doubts took on a physical form. For seven hours they fought, until the Sha of Doubt was buried"

"The battle against the Sha of Fear lasted a week and a day, during which time legend has it that the sun never rose. When the Sha was at last defeated and imprisoned in the earth"

"The Monkey King sprang into action, and carved three masks. The Emperor wore each mask in turn, and with the help of his friends, as well as all the greatest warriors of Pandaria, the Sha of Anger, the Sha of Hatred, and the Sha of Violence were defeated and imprisoned beneath the ground."

So he is imprisoning them all under the ground.....
    We are fighting the sha now and defeating them... I don't know if that's the same though.

I am thinking about this very simple:
    If those sha where the emotions of the emperor and they are still present, then the emperor must be also.
    The only way to get rid of emotions is to finish the bearer of those emotions!

So I am sticking to my theory that we'll see Shaohao somewhere down the line. Maybe not as enemy but we'll have to meet him. Just my theory.
    Well isn't it a little shady as to what exactly happened with Shaohao, the sha, and Y'shaarj? I men Y'shaarj dies, his 7 heads become the 7 sha. These sha become a problem for Shaohao and become his burdens. He takes care of them. Does that really imply Shaohao is still alive? I personally don't think so. He was just the ruler at the time who had to defeat them, not the reason they exist in the first place.

Deleted
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Shaohao

"Seeing that all things were connected in an eternal whole, and that his beloved land was more than just the Pandaren Empire, Shaohao at last understood. His staff clattered to the floor as his spirit became one with the land. When the world tore itself apart (Great Sundering), Pandaria drifted quietly into the ocean. And as the Emperor's robes fluttered empty to the ground, the land became enveloped in impenetrable mists, hidden away from the rest of the world.[8]"

Also, OP's pic looks a lot like the 'being' in the Master's Glaive in Darkshore.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    well ok but Blizzard have said that he 100% is so that's a silly thing to believe
    /thread... It's also kinda of obvious to me. Creative imaginations are always appreciated but it's like finding two wheels 5 yards from a bike without wheels and assuming that the wheels aren't from the bike.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    ah but also blizzard also says elemental shaman will be ok in pvp without lava flows in that blue post...........so yeh what do blizzard know really?
    Concrete argument!

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    They're always coming. Welcome to the world of warcraft.

Deleted
    ShaoHao became one with the land and the mists were created because of it, kinda like how Magni is now one with Khaz Modan, where his spirit wanders through the earth and mountains, that's as far as we can get to ShaoHao to still be present, a mere shade of his spirit in the earth, if at all.

For the mantid referring to Ahn'Quiraj and Azjol-Nerub as their "sister kingdoms", that just means that they are kinda related, ie insectoid races that are connected, minions of Old Gods, etc. nothing about them being allied. And I think Blizzard denied that connection when it first came up in some questions, same about the origins of the Mogu, not being Titan-related, etc, but I may also be wrong on that, they were pretty vague at least, iirc^^

When Y'Shaarj died, its 7 heads did one last terrible breath, and thus released the Sha onto Pandaria. That's also the reason why the Titans decided not to kill off the other Old Gods as well, but that is another story and not really about Y'Shaarj and the Sha.
    The thing is, all the servant races of the Old Gods only had paintings/pictures of the higher ranked minions, never of the Old Gods themselves, one factor in this is also that the Old Gods never showed their true appearance to them, at least not that we know of. C'Thun only showed his massive eyeball and through that communicated with the Quiraji (including his whisperings ofc), while Yogg'Saron had the appearance of a female Vrykul when we first engaged him, and both only showed their true appearance when we were tougher than they thought and couldn't be killed off as easily as others.

I truly think that Y'Shaarj is dead, and won't be ressurrected at all. Ra-Den and Wrathion are probably just referring to Sha, which are the remnants of an Old God so still very dark, powerful and dangerous.
    It seems that it truly doesn't need much for them to be able to rise again, as the arrival of the Alliance and Horde and them clashing over resources brought the Sha of Doubt up again.
    They appear where they were imprisoned long ago by ShaoHao, no special plan behind it when assaulting the different temples. The August Celestials infact are the protectors of Pandaria, therefore it makes sense that all of the Sha (at least the 6 already present) were imprisoned beneath their respective temples - Doubt beneath the Temple of the Jade Serpent, Despair beneath the Temple of the Red Crane, Fear beneath the temple of the Black Ox and Anger, Violence & Hatred beneath the Temple of the White Tiger.

My guess is that the 7th Sha is buried beneath the Vale of eternal Blossoms, as it still isn't quite clear why the Sha of Fear fled right to the Terrace of Endless Spring, there might be a reason behind that (or pure coincidence, as Blizz wanted a big baddie as the last boss of the Tier and had the Terrace raid leftover).
    Blizzard already said that after 5.0/5.1 the Sha will be "Mostly" dealt with, so that leaves the door wide open for the last Sha to make an appearance during 5.3/5.4, when Garrosh succeeds in mastering the Sha energies (probably just himself, his army infused but still incontrollable).

What Ra-den and Wrathion mainly mean, at least I think it could be possible, is the Old God infestation of Azeroth as a whole, the same reason why Algalon wanted to re-originate the planet, and not Pandaria specifically (although the body of Y'Shaarj could still lie beneath Pandaria, corrupted blood seeping out of it and infesting the continent and still empowering the Sha (that could be why they still return every single time even after being defeated)

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    The Sha may have been bubbling over and manifesting regularly, but nothing like the huge 6 Sha we've encountered for so long.

One took to the Mantid.
    Which was the Sha of Fear, the Mantid are by far the best force to spread fear in Pandaria, considering that the Pandaren consider the swarm as very horrible thing to experience.

Also, Sha like to corrupt beings to spread their emotions.

Another simple reason could be the fact that they required a reason to invade the Mantid Palace and a Sha that is a Raid Boss, the other 5 Sha's except Anger were killed in 5mans or during questing.

Which would be weird to explain that the Sha are the "evil" force on Pandaria, yet you killed them all off during questing.

One took to the Temple of the Crane God.
    The Sha of Despair attacked the August Celestial that represents hope, that's pretty logical in my view and not strictly tactical, also Shahao defeated his despair in Krasarang, same goes for any Sha, they were all defeated in the zone they got imprisoned.

One took to destroy the Shado Pan.
    3 were guarded by the Shado-Pan, Anger, Violence and Hatred.

Which is the counter to the Strength that Xuen represents, the Strength not to fall to his emotions and have a clear judgement.

One took to annihilate the Temple of the Serpent God.
    Which was doubt, if you lack wisdom you begin to doubt because you are not sure what to do, if you know what to do, there's no reason to doubt your actions.

These mindless machinations of emotion and terror had to be directed by something.
    The only thing that is suspicious is the fact that every single Sha has gone apeshit strong because of the Horde & Alliance war while the only fightings that happened were few battles in Jade Forest, outside of Jade Forest there wasn't any Alliance vs Horde action until 5.1, yet every Shado Pan NPC talks like we were already fighting an all out war all over Pandaria since MoP Release.