Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    First, can you SS your settings so we can see what you're running with?

Are these what you are referring to? im not exactly sure what your meant by settings :S

Note: The image of the video card settings are the default ones its not currently overclocked but shows what settings its running, it is CCC v13.1

Just as something stupid I came up against recently that was killing performance on an otherwise "fine" rig (I7, 480GTX, 8GB). Download "driversweeper" from guru3d (there's lots of annoying "DOWNLOAD HERE" type banner ads so watch yourself). Clean off ALL drivers (it doesn't do intel chipset based mainboard drivers and otherwise only mainboards and graphics cards). Let it reboot. Will come back up with the default graphics driver. Install your preferred version of the catalyst drivers and let it reboot again. If you've had any other card installed previously or upgraded drivers without going through this process it may well be the issue.

I jumped from 10FPS in SW at peak times to about 45.

Try that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are these what you are referring to? im not exactly sure what your meant by settings :S
    I meant WoW settings. Even the best computers get destroyed by improper (set too high) graphics settings.

Usually getting around 30-60fps, but it really depends on what im doing, sure its good if im standing still, but the moment stuff starts happening it starts to drop really quickly, as i've already mentioned in an earlier post.

Am I just expecting too much? Skyrim defaulted to everything max (including view distance ect, all set to the highest settings) It runs mostly OK but I can't see what the FPS is though.
    Last edited by Oncereborn; 2013-01-30 at 09:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    First, drop Anisotropic to 4x. It doesn't matter how good your system is, having 16x is not helpful.

Also try turning Shadows down to Fair and SSAO to Low. That may well make all the world of a difference, and yet not really make any noticable visual difference to you.

The thing is, you're saying Skyrim runs max fine, but WoW doesnt. That's like saying you enjoy apples, so a plastic cup ought to taste good too, because they're similar.

The settings that you can change, and the way two games utilize stuff is completely different. Running "Max" on one thing, has no relevance to running Max on another. It's not just apples to oranges, it's apples to potatoes.