Thread: [TV] Shameless

[TV] Shameless

Anyone watch this show with William H Macy?

I used to watch the English version, but haven't in a while. Tried watching the American version, but it's just weird. Americans don't do English acting well. The Inbetweeners is another good (or bad) example of this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great show. This is one case where I think the US version is better than the UK version. Just my opinion of course. William H. Macy is the man. Joan Cusack is really good in it too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taros View Post
    Great show. This is one case where I think the US version is better than the UK version. Just my opinion of course. William H. Macy is the man. Joan Cusack is really good in it too.
    The UK version went downhill around season 6-7, I don't watch it anymore though. But I'd argue that you can't say that one is better than the other because the UK version pretty much sums up a generation living here so you kinda need to live here to "get" it, just as American's "get" the USA version.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    I used to watch the English version, but haven't in a while. Tried watching the American version, but it's just weird. Americans don't do English acting well. The Inbetweeners is another good (or bad) example of this.
    Indeed, it's depressing.

One thing that I was really annoyed with is the US adaptation of I.T. Crowd... Though it wasn't an adaptation, they literally use the exact same script. It was a fucking train wreck.

I never watched the UK version but I love the American version. Favorite actor of the show is Lip.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

I like it a lot. I can relate to the characters a lot, because I grew up in a family like that. The only thing that bothers me about the show a lot of uneeded nudity in it. I feel like that takes away from the show a little, because they don't need that to keep me watching it.