Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Feedback on assassination? (video)

    Been working on my assassination, but don't feel I'm quite there yet. Unlike the usual "help me" threads I'm not talking about reforges etc., but the more subtle details - timings, cooldown optimization etc. As they are hard to read from a log, I've attached some footage from one of our tries on Zor'lok tonight (excuse the excessive clicking sound; usually only use this internally).



    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...arktobi/simple
    World of Logs (video): http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/j...=14027&e=14309
    World of Logs (overall): http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/j...um/damageDone/

    Feel free to tear it apart
    Last edited by Lachtobi; 2013-01-28 at 07:50 AM.

  2. #2
    What add on are you using that displays your Rupture and Slice N Dice Timer? Thanks.
    Last edited by Bloodtista; 2013-01-28 at 04:27 AM.

  3. #3
    WeakAuras. PM me if you want the code.

  4. #4
    Immortal Ryme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    In a field, somewhere
    Posts
    7,112
    It will probably be easier if you offer a more specific question.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh


  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    It will probably be easier if you offer a more specific question.
    Did you notice anything in my rotation/timing that could have been done more optimally/differently?

  6. #6
    I would say that you tend to clip your evenoms a bit.

  7. #7
    I'd suggest timing your key clicks better rather than constant button mashing. IMHO.
    Button 1: clickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclicky clickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclicky
    Button 3: clickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclicky

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by vinnyboombat View Post
    I'd suggest timing your key clicks better rather than constant button mashing. IMHO.
    Button 1: clickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclicky clickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclicky
    Button 3: clickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclicky
    Why?

    furrytigervoice

  9. #9
    Simple things really. Your clipping envenom way too much. Also your not using vanish. Make a macro for vendetta and vanish together...

    should be using vanish with shadow focus with a mut.

    also personally and i know many other top world guilds agree, start with a Slice and dice right after mutting, then get a full rupture, then continue forward. Also pick up some expertise, I know its not vital, but it does make a difference.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachtobi View Post
    Why?

    furrytigervoice
    Because any energy users aren't "GCD-locked", if you sit there and miss 2 GCD's it doesn't matter just pooling energy, unlike mana users.

    It's probably better to just chill, evaluate next steps, dbm/BW timers, raid CDs, etc. 1 amazing thing about rogues as raid leaders

  11. #11
    @ Envenom clipping. Just rewatched the video and I overclip it two times, at 3:20 and 3:31 (by 0.7 and 0.6 sec respectively). The rest is with <1sec, which is fine as that duration carries over to the next Envenom. So either I'm misunderstanding what you mean by "clipping to much", or you got Envenom wrong?

    @ Opener. Ryme was very helpful to do some sims on whether to start SnD or Rupture - we found my opener to be the best. See here and here. If you have reason to believe otherwise, I'm all ears.

    @ Stealth. Good point, I'll work it in. Hate to lose the flexibility, but I probably should.

    @ Spamming. I guess there's no reason to do it, but is there an inherent loss of doing it? Working hazard of playing rogue since beta I guess

    Thanks for the feedback guys. Keep it coming.
    Last edited by Lachtobi; 2013-01-29 at 09:43 AM.

  12. #12
    I was wondering if you could PM me those Weak Auras.

    EDIT: How rude of me not to provide any feedback. As said above, spamming often causes problems. It used to be all well and good, but in your case you should try to pool enough energy so that you can get off at least two Mutilates while buffed before hitting Envenom. Though, you should wait until it does drop before the next one either way.
    Last edited by Signas; 2013-01-29 at 11:08 AM.

  13. #13
    I can confirm Envenom can be clipped at <1s, providing a longer buff then 5CP

  14. #14
    Open fraps and go to the movies tab.

    In here, untick "Record external input".

    If you want to capture your own voice when/if you are talking, you can assign your push to talk button to "Only capture while pushing [ ]"

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeast View Post
    Open fraps and go to the movies tab.

    In here, untick "Record external input".

    If you want to capture your own voice when/if you are talking, you can assign your push to talk button to "Only capture while pushing [ ]"
    Heh, yeah, like I said I normally only use this for personal analysis, and there full sound is sometimes useful. Should probably have muted this one to spare everyone of the ear bleeding though.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryptomaniac View Post
    Simple things really. Your clipping envenom way too much. Also your not using vanish. Make a macro for vendetta and vanish together...

    should be using vanish with shadow focus with a mut.

    also personally and i know many other top world guilds agree, start with a Slice and dice right after mutting, then get a full rupture, then continue forward. Also pick up some expertise, I know its not vital, but it does make a difference.
    Those first 2 suggestions, you have any back up for that? I would think you would want to vanish before ven so as to stock up CP for a higher uptime during ven as doing them together resets your swing timer to full duration at the same time as your damage buff goes up. The second one, I'm skeptical whether resetting your swing timer under SB where auto attacks are relatively more valuable and where you already maintain an extremely high envenom uptime is worth 1 extra cp.

    Quote Originally Posted by theherecy View Post
    Because any energy users aren't "GCD-locked", if you sit there and miss 2 GCD's it doesn't matter just pooling energy, unlike mana users.

    It's probably better to just chill, evaluate next steps, dbm/BW timers, raid CDs, etc. 1 amazing thing about rogues as raid leaders
    That makes no sense. He does pool and tries not to clip his envenoms. If you know you should be pressing a button as soon as the game will let you, there is 0 loss in mashing the crap out of they key till it goes off. Is it essential that you get that mut in at 55 energy and not 56? Usually no, but its not any better at 56 energy than it was at 55.

    And who says he isn't mashing the crap out of they key because he knows he needs to use it asap and therefore by mashing it, he can ignore his energy/cooldown and by doing so switch his focus entirely to those other things you suggest.
    Last edited by Sesshou; 2013-01-30 at 08:01 AM.

  17. #17
    Pretty much Sesshou. I'm always open to new ideas though - hence this thread.

    As per suggestion I tried adding Vanish to my cooldown macro, so it looked like this:

    #showtooltip Vendetta
    /cast Vanish
    /cast Vendetta
    /cast Shadow Blades
    /use 13
    /cast Berserking
    /cast Ambush

    However, my view remains unchanged. Having a reset button that can save my life - while highly situational - is far more useful for the raid than a marginal DPS increase. But if someone can sim the DPS gain of Vanish vs. no Vanish then maybe we can have a more informed debate about this.

  18. #18
    Immortal Ryme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    In a field, somewhere
    Posts
    7,112
    DPS difference at BiS level is around 1.1k (or around 1%) - to be fair, this isn't far off what a standard food buff gives you and people make quite the fuss over that.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh


  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    Is it essential that you get that mut in at 55 energy and not 56? Usually no, but its not any better at 56 energy than it was at 55.

    And who says he isn't mashing the crap out of they key because he knows he needs to use it asap and therefore by mashing it, he can ignore his energy/cooldown and by doing so switch his focus entirely to those other things you suggest.
    It was just a suggestion, if he can focus well on other things while mashing, carry on...

    Just from logic and experience I would say you won't be as focused. But it's all subjective...

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by theherecy View Post
    Just from logic and experience I would say you won't be as focused. But it's all subjective...
    It is indeed subjective, but spamming means I don't have to look at the energy bar (as much) to play optimally, so I think from a majority standpoint it increases awareness of your surroundings. The only drawback (apart from premature arthritis) is that it doesn't translate well to caster classes where I want to time my recasts perfectly with the inputted CLT.

    As far as assassination is concerned though, I see no logic that would make it inferior to spam Mutilate and Dispatch.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •