Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Looks like 5.4 might in fact be Siege

I personally believed it would possibly be an Old God raid, but I'm free to admit when I'm wrong.

Wrathion, in the final quest for 5.2's Legendary Questline, says the Pandaren Campaign is about to reach its climax.

And since we can safely assume 5.3 will be another Lore Patch, it'll probably involve the Horde Rebellion's uprising, and the Alliance staging an attack on Orgrimmar.

So what do you think. 5.4 is Siege, or maybe another raid and then Siege?
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Way too soon for siege. I'm thinking one raid patch after 5.2, then maybe one patch with just some new dungeons & one or two with some new factions. After that, siege.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im honestly not sure, like its amazing how fast things are coming out that it just makes me think we'll know once blizzcon comes out. I say this because depending on what we have once Blizzcon comes out, is when we have a solid idea of how long until the last Patch or next expac.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerdus View Post
    Way too soon for siege. I'm thinking two more raid patches after 5.2, then the third one after will be the final. Also maybe one patch with just some new dungeons & one or two with some new factions.
    FIVE tiers? No way.

5.4 can very easily be the final tier, with a 5.5 patch to keep people playing until 6.0. In fact, if they want to give us faster patches and expansions, that is what they should do. Besides, by the time 5.4 arrives, we'll probably have heard the first rumours about the next expansion and Blizzcon 2013 will be around the corner, people will want the new features as soon as possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    FIVE tiers? No way.

5.4 can very easily be the final tier, with a 5.5 patch to keep people playing until 6.0. In fact, if they want to give us faster patches and expansions, that is what they should do. Besides, by the time 5.4 arrives, we'll probably have heard the first rumours about the next expansion and Blizzcon 2013 will be around the corner, people will want the new features as soon as possible.
    This is my thought aswell, a patch after SoO that leads to other content/ (expac?).

Deleted
    I think that depends on how far along they are on the next expansion. They probably want to avoid having another 1 year wait between Siege of Orgrimmar and the next expansion. If it's far enough along that they can release it within 6-9 months of Siege, we'll probably get it in 5.4. If it's not that far along, we might get another patch in between. Or we might get a major patch in between Siege and the next expansion.

Deleted
    I still think there's going to be one more raid patch before Siege. If the Pandaria Campaign's about to reach its climax it would make sense to happen ON Pandaria, wouldn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkbark View Post
    I still think there's going to be one more raid patch before Siege. If the Pandaria Campaign's about to reach its climax it would make sense to happen ON Pandaria, wouldn't it?
    Unless the outrageous stupid thing Garrosh does to piss off both the Alliance and the Horde happens in the 5.3 non-raiding patch, which is very likely.

15+ Year Old Account
    It will be siege because of ilvls. We'd be at 600 If we had a raid between tot and siege.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Im honestly not sure, like its amazing how fast things are coming out that it just makes me think we'll know once blizzcon comes out. I say this because depending on what we have once Blizzcon comes out, is when we have a solid idea of how long until the last Patch or next expac.

This guy gets it, after 5.2, MoP is half over. We may have a patch with a few 5 mans come out and then a patch with the final raid. This Blizzcon will announce a new Expac to come out late 2014 or early 2015.

Gone are the days of devs taking all the time in the world, now they will push content out the door at a much faster pace compared to a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by spk View Post
    It will be siege because of ilvls. We'd be at 600 If we had a raid between tot and siege.
    That holds literally 0 bearing on anything.

I'm expecting SoO to be T17. 4 tiers this expansion isn't unreasonable.

Not to mention T14 + ToT + SoO would only be 5 raids. There most definitely will be more than 5 raids for the entirety of MoP, whether its a raid after Siege or what have you.
    Last edited by skitzy129; 2013-01-27 at 09:44 PM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    To borrow an old line, "Too soon, Executus."

Let's run some numbers, because that's what we in WI do best. Keep in mind Blizz said Non-Raid patches take 2 months, raids take 4.

5.2 - Feb/March 2013
    5.3 - Apr/May 2013
    5.4 (SoO) - Aug/Sept 2013
    Blizzcon (Expansion V revealed) - Sept/Oct 2013
    Expansion V released - Q3 2014.

Whoops, Blizz just lost another 3 million subscribers because there's nearly a year without any new content added to the game.

If Blizz learned anything from Cata, they will have another tier between ToT and SoO.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alocin View Post
    This guy gets it, after 5.2, MoP is half over. We may have a patch with a few 5 mans come out and then a patch with the final raid. This Blizzcon will announce a new Expac to come out late 2014 or early 2015.

Gone are the days of devs taking all the time in the world, now they will push content out the door at a much faster pace compared to a few years ago.
    I hope this is true
    "BC was a hot chick that took alot of work but was rewarding in the end, Cata is the drunk chick that supplied similar results with less effort." -couldnt have said it better.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Give up trying to understand her, women tend to handle problems with emotion rather than logic.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skitzy129 View Post
    That holds literally 0 bearing on anything.

I'm expecting SoO to be T17. 4 tiers this expansion isn't unreasonable.

Not to mention T14 + ToT + SoO would only be 5 raids. There most definitely will be more than 5 raids for the entirety of MoP, whether its a raid after Siege or what have you.
    It holds a lot of bearing on things. They don't want us to be too powerful because it's going to cause a ton of balance issues.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    To borrow an old line, "Too soon, Executus."

Let's run some numbers, because that's what we in WI do best. Keep in mind Blizz said Non-Raid patches take 2 months, raids take 4.

5.2 - Feb/March 2013
    5.3 - Apr/May 2013
    5.4 (SoO) - Aug/Sept 2013
    Blizzcon (Expansion V revealed) - Sept/Oct 2013
    Expansion V released - Q3 2014.

Whoops, Blizz just lost another 3 million subscribers because there's nearly a year without any new content added to the game.

If Blizz learned anything from Cata, they will have another tier between ToT and SoO.
    5.5 - Q1 2014, a couple of dungeons, a few scenarios, one new battleground, some random quest chain and some new fun features related to Pet Battles, Brawlers Guild or something.

There, I fixed it.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    5.5 - Q1 2014, a couple of dungeons, a few scenarios, one new battleground, some random quest chain and some new fun features related to Pet Battles, Brawlers Guild or something.

There, I fixed it.
    You realize for the ones at risk, that's not a content patch? If you like heroics, you can farm them even without a raid. You like pet battles? You do them.

If you're a raider, when the content is done you are done. 5.5 would have to include a raid.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I don't think it's too soon. From blizzards track record, we get to the final raid then we get nothing for 8-12 months because they are finishing the next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by spk View Post
    It holds a lot of bearing on things. They don't want us to be too powerful because it's going to cause a ton of balance issues.
    Hasn't held them back from doing anything ever.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    You realize for the ones at risk, that's not a content patch? If you like heroics, you can farm them even without a raid. You like pet battles? You do them.

If you're a raider, when the content is done you are done. 5.5 would have to include a raid.
    Not really, they have been able to wait more than half a year with the 5.0 tier. Also, this new pace of delivering content may actually give Blizzard more time to spend into making the next expansion (which may be in development already), I wouldn't be surprised if it arrived around summer next year.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skitzy129 View Post
    Hasn't held them back from doing anything ever.
    1. They reduced stat inflation for cata because they saw how out of control they were at the end of wath. 4 tiers would have that again. 2. We've never gone over 100 from dungeon blues to final boss. At this rate we probably will but an addition raid would bring it to like 140. Way too much. A lot of bearing, as I said.