Alright guys and gals first off I'm going to give you some screenshots and info of what I currently have in place.
Here is a link to my Photobucket library: http://s65.beta.photobucket.com/user/Daara/library/
At this point in time I can customize each gender of each race to this extent.
1. Armor (Collection of Chest, Belt, Boots, Gloves, Legs, and Bracers) (Boots and Glove models will all end up looking alike to save file space)
2. Shoulders ( can show or hide and even limit to 1 shoulder )
3. Helmets ( Can show or hide )
5. Show/Hide Hair
6. Show/Hide Cloak
7. Pretty much every animation which can change based on the weapons being used.
If you haven't gone through my photo library here are some screenshots demonstrating this.
Right now the maps current scenario is a Horde vs. Alliance, with Orcs being the main Horde force and Humans being the main Alliance force. You will be in control of your hero which will start out the same as everyone else. As you level up you decide what you want to become and what spells you will use. The current model is to have 1-3 healers, 1-2 casters, 1-3 melee, 1-2 ranged, and 2-3 hybrids with Horde and Alliance having a few different but equal choices. I would like to stick as close as possible to what each race would actually have as a selection. So no Human Shamans or Orc Paladins. You can also assist your city by gathering materials to upgrade their troops and build new structures (mining, harvesting lumber, hunting, farms, lumber mill, quarry, and guard towers). The goal is to kill the other sides King/Warchief. However enemy players, guards, and waves of troops will be in your way.
What I'm looking to ask of you all is to hit me up with some ideas for classes, abilities, and gear sets. I'd ask at this time to please stick to Humans and Orcs, as I want to get a good base for the game before I start adding the other races.
Here's a demonstration of what I'm looking for in a gear suggestion. Also here a few things to note when creating a gear set.
1. Use WoWmodelviewer or a screenshot from in game.
2. It should be easy to distinguish team color (i.e. does it have an area that would be visible to add team colors to, not gear that are contain 1 color or similar colors)
3. It's not way over the top, the more realistic a set looks the better. Gear will progress, so start small then go big.
4. Items that have glowing parts and animations will be limited because I cannot edit them without losing either the animation and/or particles/ribbons. Unless it looks amazing in which case I will settle with a file size that is 4x larger than others.
Helm: Lightbringer's Helm
Shoulder: Lieutenant Commander's Shoulders
Chest: Blocked by Tabard, but Recolored Lightforge
Gloves: Recolored Lightforge
Belt: Recolored Lightforge
Legs: Recolored Lightforge
Boots: Recolored Lightforge
Weapon: Grand Marshal's Mace
Shield: Royal Crest of Lordaeron
I would give the full names but WoWhead is down at the time of this post.
Thank you, and I look forward to your suggestions!