View Poll Results: should argent dailies be nerfed?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    20 32.79%
  • No

    41 67.21%
Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1
    Mechagnome manicwrath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The Cotswolds, Southwest England.
    Posts
    588

    should argent dailies be nerfed?

    should argent dailies be nerfed? simple as that! I vote yes.

  2. #2
    Herald of the Titans Ihnasir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,598
    How much more could you possibly nerf them? They take 5-10 minutes.

  3. #3
    Mechagnome manicwrath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The Cotswolds, Southwest England.
    Posts
    588
    LOL it's not the time, it's the amount of tokens involved!

  4. #4
    The Patient Jazara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Faerun
    Posts
    315
    Yea, they nerf outdated factions, look at Winterspring and I wanna say Netherwing, so why not Argent?

  5. #5
    nah i did em all, then faction changed and did em all again.

    also it's not required in anyway if you want the rewards, go earn them. you should not be getting faster rewards because its old, mounts and pets do not negatively affect your game play in anyway if you are a completionist you will do the grind the way its ment to be done.

  6. #6
    so what u ppl are saying u want all the stuff but dont wanna see any effort to it? thats weird...

  7. #7
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    all over the world
    Posts
    2,505
    has something happened to them since i stopped playing? (mid way thru cata)

    are they giving massive chunks of xp and gold or something? or are you complaining that they take too long? im confused

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by manicwrath View Post
    LOL it's not the time, it's the amount of tokens involved!
    Amount of tokens = time does it not? Either way I dont see why they should be nerfed. Get dem tokens to get dem mounts!
    "Dear your holiness, your army is safe and sound, they're down here dying for you."
    Bayside is a cult.

  9. #9
    Stood in the Fire rogoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    in the land of killer unicrons
    Posts
    390
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    nah i did em all, then faction changed and did em all again.

    also it's not required in anyway if you want the rewards, go earn them. you should not be getting faster rewards because its old, mounts and pets do not negatively affect your game play in anyway if you are a completionist you will do the grind the way its ment to be done.

    it isn't about individuals completing the thing, and spending better part of 2 years farming marks to get all the mounts/pets, it is the fact that prior to MoP release (partially cos they didn't have a fucking thing to keep raiders subbed), they encouraged the playerbase to go do old content, mostly old raid instances, but old content nonethless, who in their right mind would go do a mammoth grind to keep them occupied in game when they are already doing a massive grind and not interested in the game anymore, i persoanlly think that the number of marks should be either reduced for the cost of items, or increase the number obtained per day by 150-200%, as this will allow a much larger portion of the playerbase to experience it, it is now ~3 years old content, that was not well recieved at the time it was released, so yeah, for a larger playerbase participation in it, i think they should nerf it, otherwise u will end up seeing none of the items that are available here over teh course of the next year-18 months.

  10. #10
    Mechagnome manicwrath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The Cotswolds, Southwest England.
    Posts
    588
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    it isn't about individuals completing the thing, and spending better part of 2 years farming marks to get all the mounts/pets, it is the fact that prior to MoP release (partially cos they didn't have a fucking thing to keep raiders subbed), they encouraged the playerbase to go do old content, mostly old raid instances, but old content nonethless, who in their right mind would go do a mammoth grind to keep them occupied in game when they are already doing a massive grind and not interested in the game anymore, i persoanlly think that the number of marks should be either reduced for the cost of items, or increase the number obtained per day by 150-200%, as this will allow a much larger portion of the playerbase to experience it, it is now ~3 years old content, that was not well recieved at the time it was released, so yeah, for a larger playerbase participation in it, i think they should nerf it, otherwise u will end up seeing none of the items that are available here over teh course of the next year-18 months.


    spot on. i've farmed this soo muc, i have aboutt 4 pets a tabard and 3 mounts left to get but its one of the biggest grinds in game to be fair. its just not fun!

  11. #11
    17 tokens per day if you do the heroic, and you can do the dailies on multiple alts to acquire heirlooms and mounts (which are account-wide).... it's not that bad.

    @rogoth: The people that would do the grind are the people who want completely optional that have no impact whatsoever on current content.

    If none of the items are around... so what? The fact that it's outdated content also means that it's not going to hurt the game to see less of those items around. Your argument boils down to "it's not current content so it should take no time". It doesn't take much time at all to get one or two of the items, and if you want every single vanity item then it's not a bad thing that such a collection takes a long time.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    i think they should nerf it, otherwise u will end up seeing none of the items that are available here over teh course of the next year-18 months.
    im fine with that i can live without slackers having a few mounts/pets....and 2 years no it takes like 120~ days roughly.

    DON'T DO IT, DIDN'T EARN IT, you aren't entitled to EVERY damn mount/pet in the game for hardly any effort.

  13. #13
    I will say that the intro dailies could stand to be nerfed.... honestly, there's little reason to gate access to the champion's dailies at this point. I'm fine with the # of tokens awarded and the costs of the items, but there's no need to have a week or so of aspirant and valiant dailies to be able to do them at all.

  14. #14
    I dont even know what this "argent dailies" are..lol
    Do ppl even do this ?

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazara View Post
    Yea, they nerf outdated factions, look at Winterspring and I wanna say Netherwing, so why not Argent?
    Frostsabers got nerfed because the original grind was ridiculous. Netherwing never got nerfed, there just isn't 200 people flying around the island looking for eggs any more so you can grab them all and get exalted really fast.

    No reason to nerf argent tournament dailies, the rep goes fast enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    I'm probably the nicest person on this whole damned forum, and you can make a sig from that.
    Quote Originally Posted by TZK203 View Post
    Just have a sig that says "I'm Batman."

  16. #16
    Mechagnome manicwrath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The Cotswolds, Southwest England.
    Posts
    588
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    im fine with that i can live without slackers having a few mounts/pets....and 2 years no it takes like 120~ days roughly.

    DON'T DO IT, DIDN'T EARN IT, you aren't entitled to EVERY damn mount/pet in the game for hardly any effort.
    but you went on a rampage when you didn't get the spikey swords from dragon soul lfr?

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by manicwrath View Post
    spot on. i've farmed this soo muc, i have aboutt 4 pets a tabard and 3 mounts left to get but its one of the biggest grinds in game to be fair. its just not fun!
    Biggest grind? Are you kidding? You get 13 tokens for 9 dailies (15-20 mins/day) + 3 extra tokens if you do heroic. 13-16 tokens/day. Mount price is 100 tokens, pet - 40. So you get guaranteed mount or pet for every 7 or 3 days. Have fun farming Alar or Ony (then roll against other players if you can't solo them).

    Biggest grind... pff...
    Why you think the Net was born? Porn! Porn! Porn!

  18. #18
    The Patient Jazara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Faerun
    Posts
    315
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleros View Post
    Frostsabers got nerfed because the original grind was ridiculous. Netherwing never got nerfed, there just isn't 200 people flying around the island looking for eggs any more so you can grab them all and get exalted really fast.

    No reason to nerf argent tournament dailies, the rep goes fast enough.
    Meh, if they nerfed it I might do them in my spare time, but as it is, MoP's grindfest has me busy. It doesn't really matter to me at all, it's pure laziness on my part wanting an easier and quicker way to obtain those mounts, not gonna lie.

  19. #19
    Mechagnome manicwrath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The Cotswolds, Southwest England.
    Posts
    588
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=44990 no it's not a walk over

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by manicwrath View Post
    but you went on a rampage when you didn't get the spikey swords from dragon soul lfr?
    no i was still using my legendary staff soz.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •