1. #1

    Shocked at service!

    I had to post this it's really wound me up. I bought this game a week before it went live, played for six months then built a new pc and couldn't log in because I forgot my security question, I don't remember ever having one or setting one up. They couldn't help me so I bought another MMO which I love, I cannot afford two subs anyway.
    I receive all the spam from them and they will not remove me from their spam list unless I log in which I can't!
    They don't seem to want to help anyone (they ever fix the memory leak?)
    I have had to add them to my spam list.
    I'm guessing they have too many players ^^

  2. #2
    Legendary! SirRobin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Counciltucky
    Posts
    6,002
    Now now, I don't think they are that bad. Like with most "customer service" things, for me at least, it always seems to boil down to luck of the draw. Either you get lucky enough to get a guy or gal on the other end who actually gives a crap... Or, far more frequently, you don't.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Now now, I don't think they are that bad. Like with most "customer service" things, for me at least, it always seems to boil down to luck of the draw. Either you get lucky enough to get a guy or gal on the other end who actually gives a crap... Or, far more frequently, you don't.
    Pretty much this^
    I'm pretty sure that within the first 6 months we were required to make security questions. Sucks you forgot it but it sucks you didn't reach someone more willing to help.

    I wonder if there more strict these days since account theft and such are so prevalent in MMO's? Even when it comes to helping the real people get there accounts back.

  4. #4
    Yeah, I'm not very patient, that's why I gave up and called it a day the first time, suppose the first time I was unlucky and now they don't care because I asked for account to be deleted and taking off their spam list.
    The fact remains they lost years of my subs because they were very cold and completely unhelpful.
    But I paid £64 for something I cannot use!

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratoc View Post
    Yeah, I'm not very patient, that's why I gave up and called it a day the first time, suppose the first time I was unlucky and now they don't care because I asked for account to be deleted and taking off their spam list.
    The fact remains they lost years of my subs because they were very cold and completely unhelpful.
    But I paid £64 for something I cannot use!
    Don't forget you paid for a service i believe, the moment your payments stop so does the service. (Don't quote me on it though as i'm not sure)

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Toccs View Post
    Don't forget you paid for a service i believe, the moment your payments stop so does the service. (Don't quote me on it though as i'm not sure)
    They are supposed to take you off their spam lists if you request it. I've done it for EA in the past and had issues (I mistakenly played the Sim City Social game for 10 minutes, what a horrible experience) and it was not a pleasant experience having to go through their support and having to wait for weeks for the issue to finally be resolved.

    What you're talking about is paying for access to the game as a subscriber. You pay for access to the game, not for access to customer support. Their main customer support service is free of charge for anyone who uses their products, and should be able to handle issues like this.

  7. #7
    Thanks I will try that, that is all I ask for them to stop sending me reminders they wont let me play my own game.
    Incidentally, I built new pc after PSU died with great style taking loads with it.
    I also lost my bank account log in, this was sorted in about three minutes.....

  8. #8
    Bioware/swtor customer service is a joke, it's already been established.

  9. #9
    Seems odd... I also bought the game prior to release. Was on the like the 2nd wave of invites on the first day of early access, cancelled my sub after 3 weeks. Didn't even pay for a month. Anyway, I returned to SWTOR about a week ago or so, I had cause to ring up CS, I didn't remember my secret questions either, but the woman I spoke to revealed the answers to me after I gave her further information, address, DOB, username. I guess you have been unlucky.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Now now, I don't think they are that bad. Like with most "customer service" things, for me at least, it always seems to boil down to luck of the draw. Either you get lucky enough to get a guy or gal on the other end who actually gives a crap... Or, far more frequently, you don't.
    Unless they have a phone number for ALL issues (not just password issues) their service is terrible. Last time I checked, the phone number was only for secret answers or some crap.

    I've had quite a few issues, and had to resort to a two week automated response to their web forum. Thanks india tech support!

  11. #11
    The Patient JackHeart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    329
    I can only talk from my own experience. I have contacted their customer service twice (by email), and both time I got help really fast. Both were before they went F2P,so I cant say if it has changed.

    I think it is like most customer services, it is a bit random, but just sent more tickets until you get the attention you deserve.
    Proud member of Swedish MMO gaming community "Swedish Game Corner"

    "On internet you can be anything you want, strange that so many people choose to be stupid" - Unknown

  12. #12
    r u sure u didnt have any secuirty questions? - i thought these were standard now as every mmo i usually try has a couple at least and swtor had 5 of them to answer

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by btf View Post
    r u sure u didnt have any secuirty questions? - i thought these were standard now as every mmo i usually try has a couple at least and swtor had 5 of them to answer
    I believe I had to create security questions in order to create my account, I may be wrong seeing as this was a long time ago.

  14. #14
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    UK - North East England
    Posts
    324
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratoc View Post
    [SNIP]
    They don't seem to want to help anyone (they ever fix the memory leak?)
    [SNIP]
    No they did not

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolverk View Post
    No they did not
    Umm, for the most part they patched it pretty well...

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Now now, I don't think they are that bad. Like with most "customer service" things, for me at least, it always seems to boil down to luck of the draw. Either you get lucky enough to get a guy or gal on the other end who actually gives a crap... Or, far more frequently, you don't.
    If you need a lottery draw to get reliabe customer service, that does sound pretty bad to me.

  17. #17
    Security questions have been there since launch. Is it Bioware's fault that you didn't set it to something obvious (eg which city you were born in, first pet's name)?

  18. #18
    Pit Lord philefluxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Silicon Highway
    Posts
    2,326
    Also look to the bottom of the messages coming in, sometimes unsubscribe links are listed below. Its never guaranteed to work, but thats with any mailing list really.

  19. #19
    Grunt BlueBolt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, British Columbia
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratoc View Post
    I had to post this it's really wound me up. I bought this game a week before it went live, played for six months then built a new pc and couldn't log in because I forgot my security question, I don't remember ever having one or setting one up. They couldn't help me so I bought another MMO which I love, I cannot afford two subs anyway.
    I receive all the spam from them and they will not remove me from their spam list unless I log in which I can't!
    They don't seem to want to help anyone (they ever fix the memory leak?)
    I have had to add them to my spam list.
    I'm guessing they have too many players ^^
    Wait you didn't bother recording your information and you blame them for this? There are tons of legitimate complains but this ain't one of them.

    CAN A MOD PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •