Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Garalon gives +damage to leg for anyone in circle, not melee specific.
    Omnipotent WCL || Omnipotent Site - Support our streams! || Worst Btag Ever: Slenderman#1355 || Temporarily retired from raiding. Soon™.

  2. #22
    @esca well yes if the melee buff is designed to compensate for melee punishment, then it does make sense for the pet to not get it. but still the dmg buff issue is still there on other fights, and needs a general solution: something simple as dmgmodifiers that benefit hunter, benefit pet aswell. (as we don't profit from meleedmg, we wouldn't "doubledipp" in Will)

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    Garalon gives +damage to leg for anyone in circle, not melee specific.
    After the hotfix. Naturally they forgot pets at first.

  4. #24
    I'm actually amazed that they hotfixed Garalon. My impression (from speaking with various people) was that it wasn't going to be fixed at all.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphorism View Post
    I'm actually amazed that they hotfixed Garalon. My impression (from speaking with various people) was that it wasn't going to be fixed at all.
    and then pretty much ever semi serious progression guild sat hunters and demo locks, as at first the fight could not be completed with them

  6. #26
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Brawl Pub
    Posts
    4,216
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    Garalon gives +damage to leg for anyone in circle, not melee specific.
    Yes, but the point is, the hunter isn't in the circle, isn't juggling weaving in and out of pheremone pools etc on those front left legs, but getting 60% of their damage double buffed. It would be like if a warlock got 2 of his 3 DoTs buffed on the leg even though he was not in the melee circle. No one is arguing about the back right legs where everyone can just pile in and DPS the leg, the buff should apply to pets there (and it didn't, which was bad, before the hotfix). In all honesty, the solution to the Garalon buff should have been "If the hunter is in the melee circle of the leg being DPSed, the pet inherits the buff, otherwise no." As it is, I can solo a front left leg during BW when our DK/rogue can't reach them because it's caked in pheremone pools, while standing 40 yards away, effectively doing 160% damage (60% doubled then 40% normal ranged damage). I outDPS our spriest on this fight these days just because my pet can get buffed on those left side legs without me moving from the middle.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Yes, but the point is, the hunter isn't in the circle, isn't juggling weaving in and out of pheremone pools etc on those front left legs, but getting 60% of their damage double buffed. It would be like if a warlock got 2 of his 3 DoTs buffed on the leg even though he was not in the melee circle. No one is arguing about the back right legs where everyone can just pile in and DPS the leg, the buff should apply to pets there (and it didn't, which was bad, before the hotfix). In all honesty, the solution to the Garalon buff should have been "If the hunter is in the melee circle of the leg being DPSed, the pet inherits the buff, otherwise no." As it is, I can solo a front left leg during BW when our DK/rogue can't reach them because it's caked in pheremone pools, while standing 40 yards away, effectively doing 160% damage (60% doubled then 40% normal ranged damage). I outDPS our spriest on this fight these days just because my pet can get buffed on those left side legs without me moving from the middle.
    a warlock with a pet can do the same thing and still destroy a hunters damage.

  8. #28
    I don't get it. I mean, what can you not get about eschatological point? He's perfectly clear and makes perfect sense.
    He says a) hunters' pets shouldn't get the buff on will of the emperor; b) they should on protectors; c) they shouldn't at Garalon, but they do, so what.

    So unless your saying they (we) absolutely need that titan gas buff on our pets, what it is you're arguing about now?

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by spiattalo View Post
    I don't get it. I mean, what can you not get about eschatological point? He's perfectly clear and makes perfect sense.
    He says a) hunters' pets shouldn't get the buff on will of the emperor; b) they should on protectors; c) they shouldn't at Garalon, but they do, so what.

    So unless your saying they (we) absolutely need that titan gas buff on our pets, what it is you're arguing about now?
    its not just those fights. Galaon has to work the way it does or hunters got sat which is why they changed it. The tile buff on H Stone guards doesn't pass to pet, the protectors buff doesn't pass to pets, the buff from Spirit binder doesn't pass to pets.

    For every fight that works correctly there are 2 that don't work right, that is the issue. It needs to ALL work not just some of them.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Yes, but the point is, the hunter isn't in the circle, isn't juggling weaving in and out of pheremone pools etc on those front left legs, but getting 60% of their damage double buffed. It would be like if a warlock got 2 of his 3 DoTs buffed on the leg even though he was not in the melee circle. No one is arguing about the back right legs where everyone can just pile in and DPS the leg, the buff should apply to pets there (and it didn't, which was bad, before the hotfix). In all honesty, the solution to the Garalon buff should have been "If the hunter is in the melee circle of the leg being DPSed, the pet inherits the buff, otherwise no." As it is, I can solo a front left leg during BW when our DK/rogue can't reach them because it's caked in pheremone pools, while standing 40 yards away, effectively doing 160% damage (60% doubled then 40% normal ranged damage). I outDPS our spriest on this fight these days just because my pet can get buffed on those left side legs without me moving from the middle.
    i think either way is okay. i'd rather have a pet-inherits-whatever-buffs-the-hunter-has, so that the problem is solved once for all.

    however, the specific garalon situation is pretty neat as well. pet classes now feel useful for once, instead of neutral/disadvantageous (remember those oh so great air phases? even flying pets were usless. randomly applied dots? bye bye pet. moving targets? bugged pet. slightly odd ground? pray that your pet is stuck in LoS or it'll stand stuck somewhere for the rest of the fight). pets are not mandatory, but they add to the fight, just like rogues and multidotters do, in their on ways. i don't get why being a hunter shouldn't be advantageous in some niche situations. this was the case with other classes for years. the rogue cleave double dipping has been taken advantage of for years. yes they fixed it, now it doesn't double dip anymore, but it's still strong. same goes for multidotting that has been around since....ever.

    it's not like the damage gain is free. pet micro management costs time and a little dps. however think that if it's done well, hunters should benefit from it.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    its not just those fights. Galaon has to work the way it does or hunters got sat which is why they changed it. The tile buff on H Stone guards doesn't pass to pet, the protectors buff doesn't pass to pets, the buff from Spirit binder doesn't pass to pets.

    For every fight that works correctly there are 2 that don't work right, that is the issue. It needs to ALL work not just some of them.
    Y that's the real problem,lol they said that they will not upgrade stable slots,cause hunter pets are friends ecc and are not collectable things,gotta catch'em all ecc,but lol our friends take no damage buff from bosses sources,they still spawn at half healt,dont scale main hit (Kill Command) with weapon's damage,ecc,so that is called neglicence

  12. #32
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Brawl Pub
    Posts
    4,216
    People got sat on the first week of Garalon because the enrage was 5 minutes, and the fight was *supposed* to be a mechanics fight which actually played pretty well to the strengths of hunters (being the best mobile DPS class, and, on 10 man heroic at least, every person needing to kite). I wasn't in for our first kill so they could take a feral who at least got the buff and could tab-rake. Once they raised the enrage to 6 minutes, it wasn't a DPS enrage fight any more, it was a mechanics fight, maximizing DPS while you inevitably had to kite. And hunters were fine on it.

    But whatever, keep watching Kripp's videos and insisting we're shit for that fight because he *has to* sit in the middle and not use his class's natural abilities just so he can get top 5 on that fight.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    People got sat on the first week of Garalon because the enrage was 5 minutes, and the fight was *supposed* to be a mechanics fight which actually played pretty well to the strengths of hunters (being the best mobile DPS class, and, on 10 man heroic at least, every person needing to kite). I wasn't in for our first kill so they could take a feral who at least got the buff and could tab-rake. Once they raised the enrage to 6 minutes, it wasn't a DPS enrage fight any more, it was a mechanics fight, maximizing DPS while you inevitably had to kite. And hunters were fine on it.

    But whatever, keep watching Kripp's videos and insisting we're shit for that fight because he *has to* sit in the middle and not use his class's natural abilities just so he can get top 5 on that fight.
    even at 6 minutes hunters were sat due to the fact that the pet wasn't getting the buff, that caused every hunter to get less then 100% DPS increase on the legs, even at 6 minute the enrage is tight for most guilds. Hunters were sat for all kills until they changed the buff because even blizzard in their ignorance to certain things saw that hunters were being sat on that fight by most all guilds because of the problem with the buff and the bugged cleave damage rogues warriors and fire mages were getting.

    When the best guilds the the WORLD sit a class for a fight because the class is bad then blizzard takes notice. Paragon even made a post that they had a guy playing hunter for years and he main changed because of how bad hunters were before the post 5.1 BUFFS. As it was said the buffs were roughly an 8% damage increase to the class and that only brings hunters to the middle of the pack.
    Last edited by Nemesis003; 2013-02-02 at 11:14 PM.

  14. #34
    ... because mastery is equally good for all speccs.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Crymoar View Post
    ... because mastery is equally good for all speccs.
    actually mastery is better then haste for both BM and SV, MM is such a pile of shit right now no-one with any clue about hunters actually plays it.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    actually mastery is better then haste for both BM and SV, MM is such a pile of shit right now no-one with any clue about hunters actually plays it.
    Fair enough, but I was mainly referring to all classes (and speccs) in the game, upon further review, I could have made that more clear, apologies.
    I would assume a change to the +% damage mechanic would affect all classes and not just hunters.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Crymoar View Post
    Fair enough, but I was mainly referring to all classes (and speccs) in the game, upon further review, I could have made that more clear, apologies.
    I would assume a change to the +% damage mechanic would affect all classes and not just hunters.
    wow so you come into a thread and have no clue whats being talked about... bout par for the course.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •