Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Need help with profession for pala :)

ok so i'm a pala holy i'd like to do herbalism + alchemy but i don't know if it's the best combo for a pala... can you guys help me

Well, I'm using BS + JC, which makes it very easy for me to chose what extra gems/stats I want.

Deleted
    I've been running jc and alchemy since cata and it does the job, altho bs+ engi seems to be the best atm. Unless ur min/maxing choose the profession that appeals to u the most. U might want to change herbalism to any crafting prof as they give u more stats and make an alt with gathering prof.

Deleted
    Thanks for the tips i think i'll go with herb + alch for now and i'll switch later herb with other i need some gold in these moment i haven't alt :\ mining + other may be better than herb + alch?

Gathering professions are never "good".

Deleted
    yes i understand but for me (a pala holy) it's better alchemy (haste bonus) or mining (stamina bonus if i'm not wrong)? later i'll switch to another crafting profession but in these moment i need gold and i haven't alts
    Last edited by mmocdb76b5e537; 2013-01-22 at 11:35 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Revvo View Post
    Gathering professions are never "good".
    I'm going to disagree with you there my friend, I use Herbalism and Inscription and I pair Lifeblood up with my strength trinket and Holy Avenger. Constant upkeep of SOTR and quite a lot of healing from Seal of Insight.

It's a minor defensive cooldown if used correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Helai View Post
    I'm going to disagree with you there my friend, I use Herbalism and Inscription and I pair Lifeblood up with my strength trinket and Holy Avenger. Constant upkeep of SOTR and quite a lot of healing from Seal of Insight.

It's a minor defensive cooldown if used correctly.
    But it will never be as good as a normal profession. That's intended.

Deleted
    But it will never be as good as a normal profession. That's intended.
    Mmm. 3k Haste on use or 600 odd stam (?)

I'd have the 3k Haste.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mining is great if you're a tank

I'm considering switching out mining for alchemy or JC. BS is really good...640 extra spirit from two sockets is pretty significant. Alchemy for 2h flasks and an additional 480 spirit. Or JC...swap out the 2x 320 spirit gems for 2x 480 spirit gems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helai View Post
    Mmm. 3k Haste on use or 600 odd stam (?)

I'd have the 3k Haste.
    You are comparing two gathering professions rather than comparing lifeblood to a crafting bonus which is what the person you are arguing with is talking about.

Crafting profession bonuses>Gathering Profession Bonuses

Also the OP asked Holy Specific, where a haste bonus is not that great.

I like to have a gathering profession and a normal profession that use the gathered materials. That way i can save some gold
    Obviously this is not the best profession set up you can get. If u have some gold to spend on mats, then choose two normal professions. I'm not sure, but i think the best set up u can get right now is BS + Engi

The best professions for holy are blacksmithing and either alchemy (my choice) or tailoring. That is 100% fact. If you don't WANT to have two crafting professions, herbalism is the better of the three although I might argue that crit has more value from skinning than haste from herbalism but if we're already in suboptimal professions then it doesn't really matter since min/max is off the table.

The three professions I noted are the only ones that give more spirit than intellect for the profession bonus. Blacksmithing is +640, alchemy is +480 and tailoring comes in around that +480 mark as well, maybe a little ahead, but since the proc can occur when you might not be able to take full advantage my preference is for the static bonus of alchemy. The other professions are +320 spirit which put them behind in the one stat that actually matters. I understand that using the engineering bonus with cd usage puts out big numbers for burst but I would rather have the regen as would most holy pallies that are doing heroic content.

BS/Engi is always the answer for paladins.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Deleted
    Thank for all the tips guys

It's not like its very expensive to level a proffesion from AH, I spent 5k gold on alchemy on my alt (did it all in one day, could most likely done it even cheaper), and then 1.3k of those 5k was to get Living Steel so I could be transmution master.
    I earned 4k gold while leveling enchanting on my main though. Just be smart and know how to use the AH to your favor (sell things you craft etc, remember 1g from AH is more than 9s from the vendor).
    However, the best setup for Hpala is BS/Engi I assume, I go with JC/ench atm, works ok. I'm very casual though
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    It's not like its very expensive to level a proffesion from AH,
    That depends on your server economy.

That depends on your server economy.
    Well, true. But do they prices vary that much? And if the price of the raw mats are more expensive, the price of the crafted stuff will be higher aswell.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Well, true. But do they prices vary that much? And if the price of the raw mats are more expensive, the price of the crafted stuff will be higher aswell.
    The problem with using AH to level a profession is the content nobody is doing anymore. On my server you easily have to charge 200g/stack or more for herbs from Outlands/Northrend/Cata and nobody wants that crafted stuff anymore.

Deleted
    Well on some AHs you can't find any of the raw mats at all.