I am not sure if bored is the right word.
1) Dailies. Yes, they're required, for Valor gear, for Lesser Charms. Don't enjoy dailies? Too bad.
2) Valor. It takes soo long to cap Valor Points during the week, and soo long to get enough to get an upgrade, that you don't dare miss out on valor capping, and you don't dare spend your valor incorrectly -- woops, just got a sidegrade drop that would have saved me 3 weeks of valor points! Oh well....
3) Alts. MoP is a terrible expansion if you like playing Alts. You can run LFR and/or do Dailies. Unlucky in LFR? Too bad, wait until next week. Don't do dailies on your alts? See number 1, except that you won't actually have anything to spend your VP on. Also, good luck capping Valor on a second toon when it already took you until Friday or Saturday to cap on your main.
4) LFR. The new LFR loot system is fine. Unfortunately, LFR just doesn't make for a very good gearing option. Its good as a final endgame for casual players, but it just takes too long to get rewards if all you're there for is gear to be able to do normal mode pickup groups.
5) PVP. Again, the MoP motto seems to be "make everything take incredibly long and you're basically out of luck if you haven't been doing everything since day 1". Why bother doing PVP when you're just going to be crushed repeatedly, and its going to take you months to get caught up with people who have been playing for awhile?
Basically, there's so many chores that you have to do in WOW now that by the time you're done doing all that stuff along with a full raiding schedule, there's no time to do stuff that you actually WANT to do in WOW.
This isn't World of Warcraft, it's World of Chore-craft. Also, Heart of Fear truly is a terrible instance with some horrible boss mechanics (Garalon - annoying pheromone mechanic, Blade-Lord - frustrating tornado mechanic, Ambershaper - we all know how everyone loves a vehicle fight, right?)
So, the question is: will 5.2 fix it?
Dailies, Rep, and Valor were more sane in 5.1, and will be okay in 5.2. Divorcing Valor gear from dailies is a big move in the right direction. You still have to do dailies for Lesser Charms, though.
Alts will still have a tough time. The 2x Valor reward bonus just doesn't help much because by the time you get it, you can't really benefit from the daily double on things like scenarios or dungeons. At least Valor gear will be easier to get (thanks to getting rep from raiding). Making the old gear cheaper and doesn't really help because they're still locked behind daily rep grinds.
LFR for the old raids having higher drop rates will help with gearing for...the next LFR, where you can again languish for weeks without getting a drop!
The new PVP system does little to remove the prospect of months of having your face ground to dust with little to show for it.