Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghado91 View Post
    At the very end, I have no time to do anything I deem to be 'fun' because I am being forced into progressing my character and alts with all these things.
    than why are you even playing? its a damn game if you aren't having fun than quit, find something else in game or in a dif game to do, no one is holding a gun to your head forcing you to play like you are.

kid's music these days is just terrible. it's just not as good as the stuff from <insert years of your youth here>.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    kid's music these days is just terrible. it's just not as good as the stuff from <insert years of your youth here>.
    In previous expansions we had much better nostalgia!
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Still enjoying MoP, personally. Maybe it's because I don't have tons of play time available to me, but I still feel like I have lots to do.

I'm enjoying MoP! Working on capping out reps on my main priest, while slowly progressing with my nooby guild (we're still clearing 10-man normal modes hehe) and leveling an alt

I think MoP isn't as good as previous expansions because it hasn't innovated anything yet.

BC invented valor gear and the ability for classes to play multiple specs. In vanilla many classes were forced to do a certain spec because T1, T2, and T3 were chosen by blizzard. There was no option to choose what spec of tier you want. BC revolutionized that.

WOTLK invented achievements, dungeon finder, heroic raiding (Vanilla and BC had only 1 difficulty of raid, ulduar was the first raid to have hard modes), and among other things WOTLK was very innovative.

Cataclysm innovated quite a bit as well. It innovated the concept of LFR as well as phasing, and improving the graphics in wow substantially from earlier expansions.

As far as I am concerned, all MoP has invented is a new talent tree system. Pet battles and valor upgrades is not in my book an innovation. Pet battles is a mini-game for casual players and valor upgrades just forces you to valor cap forever

Deleted
    I wouldn't say bored, but I got burnt out.

Haven't played MOP yet, been on the break for 11 months. Starting next Monday-Tuesday. Very excited, gonna be a casual player for some time and prepare myself for raiding in April-May. So no, I'm not bored

Deleted
    Personally, I have found it to be a chore and It has lost its excitement factor. I don't enjoy doing dailies anymore and the raiding has slumped. It really isn't the same anymore.

Such a shame as I have played it since I was 14 ish and I enjoyed every minute of it until now.

Deleted
    you play way too much and are burned out, as simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Celeres-Azgalor View Post
    I think MoP isn't as good as previous expansions because it hasn't innovated anything yet.

BC invented valor gear and the ability for classes to play multiple specs. In vanilla many classes were forced to do a certain spec because T1, T2, and T3 were chosen by blizzard. There was no option to choose what spec of tier you want. BC revolutionized that.

WOTLK invented achievements, dungeon finder, heroic raiding (Vanilla and BC had only 1 difficulty of raid, ulduar was the first raid to have hard modes), and among other things WOTLK was very innovative.

Cataclysm innovated quite a bit as well. It innovated the concept of LFR as well as phasing, and improving the graphics in wow substantially from earlier expansions.

As far as I am concerned, all MoP has invented is a new talent tree system. Pet battles and valor upgrades is not in my book an innovation. Pet battles is a mini-game for casual players and valor upgrades just forces you to valor cap forever
    This is a joke right? MoP has developed more than any other expansion by far.

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    This is a joke right? MoP has developed more than any other expansion by far.
    Please explain what MoP has invented that is meaningful.

Please explain what MoP has invented that is meaningful.
    Account-wide pets/mounts/achievements, Tillers, Pet Battles, Challenge Mode. Just because you think pet battles don't count doesn't me they aren't meaningful.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Account-wide pets/mounts/achievements, Tillers, Pet Battles, Challenge Mode. Just because you think pet battles don't count doesn't me they aren't meaningful.
    Account-wide pets, mounts, achievements does not count as content. It's not a real innovation as invented heroic raiding, LFD, LFR, and valor gear. Tillers is just a rep and the farm is mostly useless. Pet battles is just a mini-game for casuals.

I'll give you challenge modes, but the rest on your list isn't innovative

Account-wide pets, mounts, achievements does not count as content. It's not a real innovation as invented heroic raiding, LFD, LFR, and valor gear. Tillers is just a rep and the farm is mostly useless. Pet battles is just a mini-game for casuals.

I'll give you challenge modes, but the rest on your list isn't innovative
    Then most of what you listed does not count as content either. And you definition of innovation can differ from someone else. Try using your opinions as fact.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes it's boring the shit out of me (endgame) I now just find myself leveling alt's and low level pvp, because i find that way more interesting than end game. Currently leveling a boomy level 71 atm and absolutely dominating in pvp. But as soon as Elder Scrolls: Online comes out i'm quitting.

EDIT: Also waiting for Blizzard's 'titan' project.
    Last edited by Crackleslap; 2013-01-30 at 06:31 AM.

As one who never raid much before LFR, I am getting bored on my main. I didn't mind the dailies and I liked the design of having daily hubs, something they did right in BC (Skettis, Ogri'la, Netherwing Ledge, Quel'Danas) and seemed to have been done wrong in Wrath and Cata (the firelands hub was good but Tol'Borad was boring, the argent tourny was frustrating, and while Sons of Hodir felt like the BC hubs, I just didn't like the dailies it had). MOP I felt had good daily hubs and I actually like that they are part of progression. I'm exalted with most MOP factions at this point (still need to finish the Klaxxi but I got them to revered but I hate that hub, the celestials are at revered but apparently nothing epic happens at exalted so I'll probably finish this one off with the 5.2 things, and the angler's are still under revered but someday I'll finish it).

I have everything I want out of LFR except for the tier token from the Sha of Fear. I enjoyed being able to participate in the legendary questline. I could try challenge modes or normal modes but I'm not really into that and find alts and farming transmog gear and vanilla legendaries more entertaining at this point. I still have yet to complete Wrathion's quest to get 6000 valor and I am not getting valor capped anymore since after I get my 2nd epic trinket, all I will care about is getting the last piece of T14. So I just kinda decided that Wrathion will get his requirements met in 5.2 when I have new stuff to grind for and the next part of his quest will keep LFR interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Then most of what you listed does not count as content either. And you definition of innovation can differ from someone else. Try using your opinions as fact.
    Well I should rephrase myself. What you mentioned is innovation, but it's just 'fluff'
    It's not really important or game-changing, its just extra fluff for casual gamers.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    do you play WoW more than 20 hours a week? do you play video games (any) more than that? if so then i found your problem. play games less. do more life stuff.

this is the same problem D3 complainers have. they've logged 100+ hours on a game and then wonder why they got bored. it doesn't matter how talented blizzard folks might be, they aren't going to keep you happy forever if you're logging on and playing 5 or 10 hours each day.

don't play a game more than a full time job or it will start to feel like one
    What he said.

close to 750 days played on my main since Nov 2004, Cata was just horrible but MoP for me has been a great xpac. I think Im just burned out honestly with the game, I dont really do anything at all except log in to raid then log off till next raid. Hoping the ES mmo will be good.