Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
9
LastLast
  1. #121
    I am not sure if bored is the right word.

    1) Dailies. Yes, they're required, for Valor gear, for Lesser Charms. Don't enjoy dailies? Too bad.
    2) Valor. It takes soo long to cap Valor Points during the week, and soo long to get enough to get an upgrade, that you don't dare miss out on valor capping, and you don't dare spend your valor incorrectly -- woops, just got a sidegrade drop that would have saved me 3 weeks of valor points! Oh well....
    3) Alts. MoP is a terrible expansion if you like playing Alts. You can run LFR and/or do Dailies. Unlucky in LFR? Too bad, wait until next week. Don't do dailies on your alts? See number 1, except that you won't actually have anything to spend your VP on. Also, good luck capping Valor on a second toon when it already took you until Friday or Saturday to cap on your main.
    4) LFR. The new LFR loot system is fine. Unfortunately, LFR just doesn't make for a very good gearing option. Its good as a final endgame for casual players, but it just takes too long to get rewards if all you're there for is gear to be able to do normal mode pickup groups.
    5) PVP. Again, the MoP motto seems to be "make everything take incredibly long and you're basically out of luck if you haven't been doing everything since day 1". Why bother doing PVP when you're just going to be crushed repeatedly, and its going to take you months to get caught up with people who have been playing for awhile?

    Basically, there's so many chores that you have to do in WOW now that by the time you're done doing all that stuff along with a full raiding schedule, there's no time to do stuff that you actually WANT to do in WOW.

    This isn't World of Warcraft, it's World of Chore-craft. Also, Heart of Fear truly is a terrible instance with some horrible boss mechanics (Garalon - annoying pheromone mechanic, Blade-Lord - frustrating tornado mechanic, Ambershaper - we all know how everyone loves a vehicle fight, right?)

    So, the question is: will 5.2 fix it?

    Dailies, Rep, and Valor were more sane in 5.1, and will be okay in 5.2. Divorcing Valor gear from dailies is a big move in the right direction. You still have to do dailies for Lesser Charms, though.

    Alts will still have a tough time. The 2x Valor reward bonus just doesn't help much because by the time you get it, you can't really benefit from the daily double on things like scenarios or dungeons. At least Valor gear will be easier to get (thanks to getting rep from raiding). Making the old gear cheaper and doesn't really help because they're still locked behind daily rep grinds.

    LFR for the old raids having higher drop rates will help with gearing for...the next LFR, where you can again languish for weeks without getting a drop!

    The new PVP system does little to remove the prospect of months of having your face ground to dust with little to show for it.
    Last edited by Felade; 2013-01-29 at 02:26 PM.

  2. #122
    For me: a casual player (20-30ish hours a week, in a small, mostly non-raiding guild, if you want to call that casual), who focuses on one character, I'm bored as well. I maxed all of the reps 1-1.5 months into the expansion. Maxed Shieldwall 2-3 weeks after 5.1. Have all the LFR gear for my character, have all of the Sha gear for my character. I can upgrade gear, and buy 2-3 pieces of valor gear to upgrade, but we're talking 4-8 ilvls worth of upgrading per piece, all for a decent amount of valor. Cost/time/benefit not worth it, IMO - especially since I really don't raid.

    I'm in a holding pattern until 5.2. I'm dinking around with battle pets at the moment, farming the old raids for Bigglesworth achieve, and leveling a monk with four other guildies. Other than that, hanging out in Stormwind/Shrine.

  3. #123
    do you play WoW more than 20 hours a week? do you play video games (any) more than that? if so then i found your problem. play games less. do more life stuff.

    this is the same problem D3 complainers have. they've logged 100+ hours on a game and then wonder why they got bored. it doesn't matter how talented blizzard folks might be, they aren't going to keep you happy forever if you're logging on and playing 5 or 10 hours each day.

    don't play a game more than a full time job or it will start to feel like one
    Last edited by Blur4stuff; 2013-01-29 at 04:00 PM.

  4. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by Justforthis123 View Post
    Communities are where they have been since day1.

    There was no LFR infact you wouldnt see dungeons most of the time unless you had an entire day to waste looking for a party.

    The awesome part is just your point of view.

    MoP is very similiar to TBC about reps , much better in term of gameplay / story and stuff to do.
    I made a lot of friends in WoW and I was even a casual player and I rarely had trouble finding groups.

    People were just too lazy to make friends.

    I still remember my first real guild. It was like a large family. Guilds are unnecessary now unless you are hardcore, and progress guilds are usually in it for progress only, not to make friends.

    WoW is living in the shadow of vanilla, TBC and Wrath.

    But yeah there is a lot to do now. I'm actually looking forward to PVP in 5.2. I'd like to do the new raid as well but with a guild, not via LFR. If I am forced to use LFR I'll pass and just wait for the next expansion.

    Communities are something that made WoW. Without communities, WoW just isn't the same and I hope Blizzard see that. Of course, they do realise that, but they aren't going to change anything because they have to cater to lazy people who want instant gratification.

    But I guess that Gregg Street is happy with his large bank account.
    "These people, Adam, they're like ghosts. Always in the shadows. Always hiding behind lies and proxy soldiers. I need you to find them. They cannot stop us. They cannot stop the future".

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghado91 View Post
    At the very end, I have no time to do anything I deem to be 'fun' because I am being forced into progressing my character and alts with all these things.
    than why are you even playing? its a damn game if you aren't having fun than quit, find something else in game or in a dif game to do, no one is holding a gun to your head forcing you to play like you are.

  6. #126
    kid's music these days is just terrible. it's just not as good as the stuff from <insert years of your youth here>.

  7. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    kid's music these days is just terrible. it's just not as good as the stuff from <insert years of your youth here>.
    In previous expansions we had much better nostalgia!
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler

  8. #128
    High Overlord transorD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    127
    Still enjoying MoP, personally. Maybe it's because I don't have tons of play time available to me, but I still feel like I have lots to do.

  9. #129
    I'm enjoying MoP! Working on capping out reps on my main priest, while slowly progressing with my nooby guild (we're still clearing 10-man normal modes hehe) and leveling an alt

  10. #130
    I think MoP isn't as good as previous expansions because it hasn't innovated anything yet.

    BC invented valor gear and the ability for classes to play multiple specs. In vanilla many classes were forced to do a certain spec because T1, T2, and T3 were chosen by blizzard. There was no option to choose what spec of tier you want. BC revolutionized that.

    WOTLK invented achievements, dungeon finder, heroic raiding (Vanilla and BC had only 1 difficulty of raid, ulduar was the first raid to have hard modes), and among other things WOTLK was very innovative.

    Cataclysm innovated quite a bit as well. It innovated the concept of LFR as well as phasing, and improving the graphics in wow substantially from earlier expansions.

    As far as I am concerned, all MoP has invented is a new talent tree system. Pet battles and valor upgrades is not in my book an innovation. Pet battles is a mini-game for casual players and valor upgrades just forces you to valor cap forever

  11. #131
    The Lightbringer Dewote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    3,254
    I wouldn't say bored, but I got burnt out.
    FC 2793-2016-8218 - Name: Suoma

  12. #132
    Haven't played MOP yet, been on the break for 11 months. Starting next Monday-Tuesday. Very excited, gonna be a casual player for some time and prepare myself for raiding in April-May. So no, I'm not bored

  13. #133
    Keyboard Turner Grexthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    4
    Personally, I have found it to be a chore and It has lost its excitement factor. I don't enjoy doing dailies anymore and the raiding has slumped. It really isn't the same anymore.

    Such a shame as I have played it since I was 14 ish and I enjoyed every minute of it until now.

  14. #134
    you play way too much and are burned out, as simple as that.

  15. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeres-Azgalor View Post
    I think MoP isn't as good as previous expansions because it hasn't innovated anything yet.

    BC invented valor gear and the ability for classes to play multiple specs. In vanilla many classes were forced to do a certain spec because T1, T2, and T3 were chosen by blizzard. There was no option to choose what spec of tier you want. BC revolutionized that.

    WOTLK invented achievements, dungeon finder, heroic raiding (Vanilla and BC had only 1 difficulty of raid, ulduar was the first raid to have hard modes), and among other things WOTLK was very innovative.

    Cataclysm innovated quite a bit as well. It innovated the concept of LFR as well as phasing, and improving the graphics in wow substantially from earlier expansions.

    As far as I am concerned, all MoP has invented is a new talent tree system. Pet battles and valor upgrades is not in my book an innovation. Pet battles is a mini-game for casual players and valor upgrades just forces you to valor cap forever
    This is a joke right? MoP has developed more than any other expansion by far.

  16. #136
    Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    This is a joke right? MoP has developed more than any other expansion by far.
    Please explain what MoP has invented that is meaningful.

  17. #137
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeres-Azgalor View Post
    Please explain what MoP has invented that is meaningful.
    Account-wide pets/mounts/achievements, Tillers, Pet Battles, Challenge Mode. Just because you think pet battles don't count doesn't me they aren't meaningful.

  18. #138
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Account-wide pets/mounts/achievements, Tillers, Pet Battles, Challenge Mode. Just because you think pet battles don't count doesn't me they aren't meaningful.
    Account-wide pets, mounts, achievements does not count as content. It's not a real innovation as invented heroic raiding, LFD, LFR, and valor gear. Tillers is just a rep and the farm is mostly useless. Pet battles is just a mini-game for casuals.

    I'll give you challenge modes, but the rest on your list isn't innovative

  19. #139
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeres-Azgalor View Post
    Account-wide pets, mounts, achievements does not count as content. It's not a real innovation as invented heroic raiding, LFD, LFR, and valor gear. Tillers is just a rep and the farm is mostly useless. Pet battles is just a mini-game for casuals.

    I'll give you challenge modes, but the rest on your list isn't innovative
    Then most of what you listed does not count as content either. And you definition of innovation can differ from someone else. Try using your opinions as fact.

  20. #140
    Pandaren Monk crackleslap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    1,894
    Yes it's boring the shit out of me (endgame) I now just find myself leveling alt's and low level pvp, because i find that way more interesting than end game. Currently leveling a boomy level 71 atm and absolutely dominating in pvp. But as soon as Elder Scrolls: Online comes out i'm quitting.

    EDIT: Also waiting for Blizzard's 'titan' project.
    Last edited by crackleslap; 2013-01-30 at 06:31 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •