Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Anyone else bored of MoP?

Anyone else bored of MoP? I'm not sure what it is but the game just doesn't seem as fun anymore. My server has been progressively dying.

T14 raiding content isn't that good in my opinion. Sure, we have 16 bosses but there are only a few fun fights. Heart of Fear in my opinion is the worst of the 3 raids. I've been raiding in WoW since start of BC and comparing raiding back then to now, raiding just isn't as fun anymore. And yes, I do clear most heroic modes in T14, not just LFR. I'm not sure what it exactly is but comparing T14 to say T11 or any previous raid, T14 isn't that good.

Everything I've done in MoP doesn't feel like an accomplishment. It's like "sure I got almost all BiS heroic raiding gear, so what?" Before in BC, WOTLK, and even Cataclysm, if I was walking in full BiS gear in cities I felt like a boss. I don't feel that way anymore, I think people stopped caring. Is this just me?

What I don't like is how there is not much actual content since release of MoP since release besides the raids. What I mean is that we HAVE to valor cap every week and we HAVE to do dailies to get elder charms. Valor capping is also much harder than Cataclysm. This isn't content in my opinion but it feels mandatory to any hardcore raider. It wasn't like this before. In previous expansions, dailies were exclusively for gaining gold and maybe a few mounts but that was it. I never did dailies in BC, WOTLK, or Cata because there was no need. I don't like the idea of being forced into valor capping weekly AND doing dailies because there is a lack of 'real' content per se.

I think MoP is also not alt friendly at all. It feels mandatory to valor cap alts, do dailies on alts, and do the entire legendary quest chain on alts which takes a lot of time. Who has the time to do all this? In previous expansions alts didn't take much time to manage. You leveled it to max level, maxed out professions and just geared it up and it was all good. It isn't like that anymore.

Essentially my routine has been doing dailies, valor capping, LFR, and raiding. There isn't much else besides that. I don't PvP or farm achievement points either. In previous expansions I always felt like I had something to do without being forced into doing something I didn't want to do.

TL;DR: Why is MoP so boring?

EDIT: Been reading all the comments and I have a few things to add. I forgot to add that on my main I am exalted with all reputations, killed every single rare in Pandaria, and got all the vanities that I deemed to be interesting.

Another point to add is that in MOP, whenever I play I feel like i'm doing chores. What I mean is I 'have' to do dailies, valor cap, LFR, and raid. If this isn't done, I feel like I am not being optimal in maximizing my character. And then this cycle is repeated with alts. At the very end, I have no time to do anything I deem to be 'fun' because I am being forced into progressing my character and alts with all these things.
    Last edited by Ghado91; 2013-01-29 at 05:10 AM.

And pvp is so fubared that's not fun either. I'm at the same point as you. I honestly wish I never paid money for mop. I think it's time to uninstall this borefest of a game and move on to anything else. Plenty of free mmo outthere that may not be quite as polished as wow but pretty much do the same thing.
    I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species.

I'm actually enjoying myself very much in MoP. Between reputations, professions, PvE and PvE, i'm actually finding myself with too much to do rather than too little, which is incredibly motivating.

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ehh, a little. More so I think it stems from the way my guild treats me and my girlfriend. We sign up every week for raids, we pull decent DPS, 70k+. We are always on time, fully stocked and ready to go and yet every week we seem to get benched in favor of people who dont sign up and who pull les DPS than we do. The iceing on the cake came last night after I voiced my concenr about people signing up and being benched in favor of the people who do not sign up. I was told "Well the crucial people dont sign up." This pissed me off quite a bit. Excuse the fuck out of me? How are me and my girlfriend not crucial to progression? We are two of the higest DPS in the guild and you sit us out on a regular basis and then bitch about lack of Progression and low DPS in vent? Considering looking for a new guild now. But yeah, im getting bored becuse I have done pretty much everything MoP has to offer aside from raid progression. A few bosses every other week is not keeping my attention.

I agree, and I think part of the reason is because I haven't touched an alt this expansion.

Why? Cause it's just too much of a hassle. I really don't want to do dailies on two toons and have to worry about gearing a second toon. Plus with the patch going live in a month, it's pointless to drop that much time into an alt.

10+ Year Old Account
    I left few month ago already, I just read news and wait for something good... unfortually, it's always the same old changes... we always redo the same things every expensions.

WoW is old, with over 500 played days since 2004, it's the game I played the most in my live, but the new content isnt fun for me anymore. I really wish they will release something good again.

At same time, I'm older now...
    Last edited by reemi; 2013-01-28 at 05:02 PM.

Deleted
    we have grown, my friend..

10+ Year Old Account
    You're bored? I have a bazillion of things to do, my friend! Which is why I'll leave mmo-champion for today and play WoW until I go to sleep

10+ Year Old Account
    MoP is the best xpac, but dungeon and raid valor needs to be increased. I should be able to cap valor from dailys if i WANT, but i should also be able to cap it in 7-10 dungeons or a few raids. I think LFR should give 200 valor and a dungeon should give 120-150. Some people will still do dailys because thats what they enjoy. MoP is perfect, but earning valor is the big screw up of mop. Every expansion has one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Out of the whatever ten million people that play, I'm sure someone, somewhere is bored.

I'm not. Still having a ton of fun. I think it's a real strong expansion so far, and there is lots of content and lots to do. I still haven't even tried everything I want to (for example, haven't even touched pet battles).

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Yes, I am really bored with MoP. I played since early vanilla and I have never been this burned out with WoW before. I used to log in every day, now I just log in 4 times a week (raiding days) 5 minutes before the invites and log out 5 minutes after the raid finished.

When I first saw the artwork for MoP it already put me of a bit, I really don't like the chinese theme they put into Pandaria, but that's not really my main concern. As a dedicated raider it's mandatory to put up with dailies(Don't tell me it's not, because it really is), the thing I have disliked most since TBC and the lack of options to avoid them, everything is tied to it, character progression, story progression, professions. I also enjoyed toying around with my professions, untill spirit of harmony severely limited the options you have with that.

Oh and also LFR, normal mode, heroic mode, no ty (especially the first)

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The huge problem for wow was the way it made it more accessable for casual players through wrath and cata then they took that away with MoP. Its like the flying mount argument, you cant give the game community a convient thing and then take it away without expecting some kind of ramification. Thus casual players of leaving in droves becuse they really dont have the time anymore to deal with the grinds.

MoP absolutely rox and I am far from bored. It is such a huge leap from Cataclysm it is not even funny.

Personally, MoP is right now the second best expansion, just behing Wrath. If Blizard continues the fantastic work, it will easily be #1 by the time it is done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right now, I'm levelling two alts. One is halfway through level 89, the other one is at 60 and just hid Outland. My main is still used, trying currently to get the cooking thing done, some dailies (mostly tillers since I'm already in the area). I'm exalted with all MOP factions, I'm a Loremaster on the Horde Side and stuff.
    If I wouldn't have my guild, I'd be bored. But since I have an awesome guild, I have people to chat with whenever I log in.
    And I still have a lot to do: I haven't pvp'd yet in this expansion, I haven't done all the LFR open to me, nor have I done all the heroics or scenarios (I'm not a raider, LFR is has far as I go), I haven't maxxed out Archeology yet, my strongest battle pet is at level 15.
    "Reality: The refuge of those who fail in RPGs"
    ~Though this be madness, yet there is method in't~

10+ Year Old Account
    A bit of a yes and no tbh;
    I do have a lot to do, so in that sense, no, but I'm the kind of person who'd rather goof around doing silly things. Even though dailies and the like aren't mandatory, not doing them feels like I'm somehow behind everyone else, and I don't like that, so I do them, but after that I usually don't have time or energy to do what I'd really like to do, soloing older content, being idiot with friends... that, or my friends who do the dailies don't have energy to play with me after their dailies. I guess I do have a lot to do, but it's not what I'd like to do.

I recently took a month break from WoW and now that I've returned I've found it much more enjoyable to play, so if it starts tasting wooden maybe just a small break would help?

I do have a problem with guilds though - mine recently broke and I feel one part of boredom is really not having that many friends to play with anymore :/ I'm somewhat unable to find a new guild for some reason.

So take a break and get a sociable guild that does stuff you like with you and you'll enjoy the game just fine.

I got burnt out on Mists shortly after it launched due to the overwhelming amount of dailies, so I quit for a month or two... I'm back now, enjoying myself thus far doing Operation: Shieldwall stuff, LFR, and leveling a couple of alts.

As for those who are bored... I'm not sure it is entirely WoW's fault, a lot of us have been playing the game for 7 or 8 years now, maybe it is just time to move on? I think it's kinda silly to expect any one thing to hold your attention for that long without getting bored at some point.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    No. Next Question.

---------- Post added 2013-01-28 at 11:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    I got burnt out on Mists shortly after it launched due to the overwhelming amount of dailies, so I quit for a month or two... I'm back now, enjoying myself thus far doing Operation: Shieldwall stuff, LFR, and leveling a couple of alts.

As for those who are bored... I'm not sure it is entirely WoW's fault, a lot of us have been playing the game for 7 or 8 years now, maybe it is just time to move on? I think it's kinda silly to expect any one thing to hold your attention for that long without getting bored at some point.
    Perfectly said Mate.

I like MoP so far I started farming dailies again a few weeks ago for charms and I can say when you need to only do 45 dailies anytime you want under a week its a lot more fun then DO ALL DAILIES EVERYDAY! I like the raids and with only sha hc left to kill I feel like 5.2 will be out with new fresh content long before i get bored with farming t14.

Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post

Pretty much this. Unfortunately for me, WoW is one of those games that *keeps* pulling me back. Only moment I played without any breaks was from WoW release until the very end of The Burning Crusade. From then on I started playing each expansion and had 2-3 breaks in each of them.

Having said that, I never really felt like a 'boss' wearing BiS gear in Vanilla/TBC. I never had BiS, but usually I only had 1 or 2 parts missing (god damn DKP systems) but I guess at that point it was overkill anyway.

The only thing I miss is feeling awesome when I get an epic like I did back then, they're too easy to get now. But it's been like that since WOTLK unfortunately.
    Last edited by aevitas; 2013-01-28 at 05:26 PM.
    Draenor EU: Archavious - Level 120 Warlock ; Loaen - Level 120 Demon Hunter ; Arathia - Level 120 Paladin ; Mitosis - Level 110 Priest ; Toreck - Level 110 Hunter ; Aeralinde - Level 110 Mage ; Crikey - Level 110 Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by aevitas View Post
    Pretty much this. Unfortunately for me, WoW is one of those games that *keeps* pulling me back. Only moment I played without any breaks was from WoW release until the very end of The Burning Crusade. From then on I started playing each expansion and had 2-3 breaks in each of them.
    I'm the exact same way. I played from September 2005 until the tail-end of the Burning Crusade, when I quit right before Sunwell released. I've come back in time for each new expansion release. Normally I'll play for most of the expansion, but I find myself taking longer breaks more frequently these days.

Still, I've never once quit with the intention of never returning, I simply take breaks when I'm burnt out and the game feels "refreshed" when I return.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2013-01-28 at 05:35 PM.