Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Nope.

Not bored

Weird thing, I posted this enormous rant about how MoP wasn't fun. What basically was wrong with it. Sure even then I still liked the game. But far less then anything that came before that.

That is now months back.

My initial complaints (without extrapolating them):
    The daily reputation cap (why not make it weekly?)
    The "being forced" to do dailies
    CRZ / LFD / LFR and not merging servers
    The community and how it is dealing with CRZ / LFD / LFR ( = we have no community, we have a lot of trolls)
    The to me insane low amount of gear dropping from LFR (others have a very different experience, guess that's my luck)
    And some other stuff: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...k-Wall-of-Text

Now while most of this hasn't been fixed or changed to my personal satisfaction, I must say that MoP has grown on me. I don't raid in a guild, I just do LFR. I don't have time to play every day - let's say that I play 2 evenings a week + a whole saturday. That isn't much. But it gotten me exalted with everything except Shado Pan and August Celestials. And I could have been exalted by now with atleast Shado Pan but I just couldn't be arsed at times. So in the end yes sofar MoP has been anything but boring. This might also be cause I don't raid, I am stuck with 5 man heroic gear + valorgear + LFR gear.

It took about 2+ months for me to get ANY LFR gearpiece. Atleast if you don't count my "caster offhand" (not a shield) that I immediatly sharded. I'm a paladin not a priest! But now the pieces of LFR keep flowing in steadily. I even won an item with a COIN! (on my alt, my main still has a clean record of 24+ coins with only gold). Also I got some valor gear obviously.

Gold seemed to be an issue in MoP this expansion for me. As I had no access to the guildbank funds for repairs/flasks/food since I am not a raider anymore. But the dailies do give a lot of gold. So thats totally not an issue. Also grinding transmoggear has been very productive in terms of vendoring old epics.

So no I am not bored. But this game totally doesn't feel like the same game it used to be. Perhaps thats the best part really for me. I have so little time compared to what I used to be able to spend ingame, that pretty much anything feels like progress. While I am sure that if I hadn't quit raiding etc and still had a lot of time, I would be bored out of my skull. I would have been exalted with everything. I would have loads and loads of gold. I would have had BiS gear for main and offspec. The only thing that could have occupied me would be Challengemodes and petbattles. Now if I look to my current guild, there are only 5 people that want to do challenge modes and they are not always online. So... that leaves me with petbattles. Currently my pets are level 10 (3x). And I don't intent to make those levels rise very soon.

Tinfoil hat:
    I think ultimately raiding will keep existing in WoW. But it might just be LFR. Challengemodes will perhaps replace heroic raids.
    The game will in the end cater to the guy like me, who has little time but wants something to do in WoW.
    Last edited by Vaelorian; 2013-01-29 at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysoph View Post
    we have grown, my friend..
    +1 Too old for this "new" WoW generations

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    It is extremely false. A whole day to find a group? Didn't happen. That's it. It was longer mind you, especially when levelling. But not a whole day ordeal. At max level unless you were spamming "LFG LFG" on trade, you could gather a group pretty quickly.
    You're so right. I never had any issues either with gathering a group. Not with the guild I was in, but also not when I went pugging on the server. You indeed knew who to ignore or to remove from a group. Perhaps the guy you are reacting to had to wait all day, since he was one of those people that other people ignored? Would solve the dispute between you rather quickly

But joking aside, I was in one of the better guilds on the server in Vanilla. And as such just had to call out that it was a group formed by some members of guild X and then instant /w flowed in my chatbox. Same with my own guild I made later in TBC. Guilds had a name back then. And if you were part of such a guild you wouldn't have issues. If you weren't.... then I guess you could wait all day to find a group or give up. (depending if you were efficient in making a group or not obviously).

I actually tended to ignore people who were guildless or in a guild that was at the bottom of the foodchain or notoriously full of kiddies... KENOKLUBBEN!!! Or TAILSFEELSOGOOD!! BIG IN JAPAN!!! Geez the names...
    Last edited by Vaelorian; 2013-01-29 at 08:54 AM.

OK, just responding to the OP here.

Your 1st paragraph basically boils down to "I don't really enjoy this tier". Basically just your opinion on the tier, and ahrdly anything to do with the entire xpac being "boring". For you the tier may suck, but the tier alone hardly makes up the entire xpac.

2nd paragraph basically boils down to "I don't feel accomplished anymore, even tho I did in other xpacs..."

Well...what do you expect man? Like with watching a movie with a twist ending or the 1st time you eat something new, you can never re-experience your 1st time, and every boss afterwards will pretty mich never recapture that feeling. it happens dude, but its not WoW.

3rd paragraph boils down too "There is stuff to do...but I feel OBLIGATED to do, so that means it sucks and I don't want to do (it), so I instead feel like there isn't enough content, because I HAVE to do (it) thus I don't WANT to do (it) do but I want SOMETHING to do but not something I HAVE to do and..." oh boy dude, there's no winning with you! lol

Next paragraph is the same as the last, but adding in the "alt unfriendly" argument to basically otherwise say the same thing above.

Next paragraph is just OP re-informing that because he feel forced to do dailies or whatever (it) is, he doesn't like (it). Um...maybe realize that you don't "have to do!" everything all day everyday and can do whatever at your own pace?

Methinks such feelings of boredom would quite quickly vanish.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

15+ Year Old Account
    Actually I am. Leveled a couple of new chars because of this. Hav lots of fun as usual but when I got to MoP areas BOOM, lost interest. Same on both. Got alot of chars left at 85 because I find Mop Areas so very boring. Tried gearing up a main but I find the dailies/raids and even pvp boring. I was more positive to the expansion at start but it has degraded ALOT. First time I feel this bad about an expansion, I had lots of fun in the other ones in all aspects (pve/pvp/lvlup/raids).

Won't blame the expansion though just cause I don't like it. Guess I'll just level upp a couple of toons and leave them at lvl 85, then one day I might get along with MoP areas.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    Eheh thanks for the well needed laugh man.

It is extremely false. A whole day to find a group? Didn't happen. That's it. It was longer mind you, especially when levelling. But not a whole day ordeal. At max level unless you were spamming "LFG LFG" on trade, you could gather a group pretty quickly.
    You could easily spend 3 hours or more looking for a group or trying to find a replacement depending on how popular or current the dungeon you were running was and depending on what class you were. Times varied wildly based on a number of factors, but when it was bad, which was frequently so, it was pretty bad. Often you just didn't do what you needed to do that day instead of trying all day.

---------- Post added 2013-01-29 at 03:36 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    http://youtu.be/ramBFRt1Uzk

He's right though about the attitudes
    Last edited by Yig; 2013-01-29 at 09:37 AM.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Deleted
    Ive gotten quite bored the latest month, to the point of canceling my sub.

This is not MoPs fault though, its simply because ive been playing this game since pre-tbc and gotten bored. That, and theres a lot of other games i rather play at the moment, not MMOs mind you. Single player games and alternative pvp games like LoL. Still got most of my wow friends on skype and steam so the community part isnt something i miss out on.
    Might return one day, its not like i dislike wow, i simply couldnt find the will to play anymore because many other things are more fun at the moment.

they could tone down the amount of dailies needed, but nope. way better than cata

Deleted
    It's much easier to get burned out in MoP than in WotLK or even Cata. They extended not very fun activities like faction and valor grinding, now it takes three times as long to cap valor than it did in Cata for example. To make matters worse random BGs were completely overtaken by bots. So yea I got bored with MoP even faster than with Cata so I quit (again). Going to check next WoW expansion however, like I did with this one.

Deleted
    I am a casual player of WoW - I don't expect PvE end game content / Raiding on the same patch (or tbh the same expansion), but I fondly look back at my Achievements in WoW and there was a dramatic spike of them in WotLK, which then fell down again in Cata and now into MoP. I spend the same time playing MoP, Cata, WotLK, TBC and Vanilla, but as others have said, burn out is a massive factor. For me, time is everything - on a Saturday I play 10am - 5pm and Sunday 10am - 5pm, with some time during weeks if I'm on holiday or my marking load is low. The main problem I have with burn out and MoP is time - I love being able to do dailies on my farm, then head out to the Wharf and hang out with fishing people and doing dailies there before the grind that is Golden Lotus, which I get bored of half way through. I therefore now split my time between PvP and dailies, but I am spending more and more time doing PvP as I'm able to get something out of it.

I'll always play WoW, the casual that I am, but I haven't enjoyed MoP now as much as other expacs, now that the honeymoon is over and she hasn't done the cooking for 3 weeks.

i've cut down my playtime for MoP quite a lot, i started in tbc and have played pretty hardcore since - then cata just sucked all the wind out of my sails.

the problem i see, is that blizz created a huge content vacuum with cataclysm - whilst the 1-60 content was great for alt levellers and new players, anyone like me, who at the time of the old world re-hash laready had 9/10 classes levelled to 80, really felt the lack of endgame content more than others.

so, in MoP, blizz have been playing catch up - the wait between dragon soul and launch of MoP was the result of that content vacuum - but still, in order for blizz to not only catch up to current content progression rates, but overtake them (in order to have even more content ready for players once they have progressed) meant implementing lots of long ass daily grinds to buy them time to develop content and get ahead of the curve.

i'm enjoying MoP on my monk, but only really on my monk. all my 85's (all 9 of them) are gathering dust whilst only my paladin and monk made it to 90. i honestly dont know if i'll find the energy or will to level any more toons to 90 or go through the rep grind on more than 1 toon (even after the 5.1 nerf to reps). i loved the levelling experience in MoP, i even enjoyed doing all the dailies - but now i'm pretty sick of them and dont want to do it again just to play my mage in lfr for an hour each week.

my guild fell apart meaning no normal raids, leaving me only LFR, heroics seem like a waste of time as i had the gear to lfr within a week and lfr was piss easy in heroic 5 man gear, let alone a full lfr set. i've nearly finished all my reps and dont need much out of the rep gear anymore, so that means most valor is useless, whilst i can upgrade, without any normal or heroic raiding happening, i dont need the gear as i really dont need to inflate my epeen through topping lfr damage meters, daily mobs die quick and easy and pretty soon, my days of wow are gonna be log in once a week, do lfr, log out, which will get pretty boring pretty fast.

so yea, whilst MoP is very content intensive, it's long drawn out grinds intended to bridge long gaps, as opposed to log in, play for a few hours and then log out happy.

i'm kinda praying i get a beta invite for the elder scrolls online, as i think i'm pretty much done with wow for now. i'll pop in and play whenever new patches are released, but the prospect of more long ass rep grinds that takes weeks of 30 min per day playtime really dont encourage me to play. if i could grind mobs for drops, hunt for eggs or even kill elite mobs for bonus rep, i'd do it, if only to get the rep grinds out of the way quicker. but blizz in their infinite wisdom removed all those "shortcuts" from any grinds that involved gear. meaning dailies have to be done on every god damned character you roll - i understand the reasons, i honestly do, it's an rpg and each character is it's own man, but at the same time it gets ridiculously frustrating as they change the game so much every patch and can easily change your class into one you dont want to play any more.

i guess i've just lost the love for wow as my guild fell apart and i just dont have the time or energy to grind grind grind all the way to nowhere. a few years ago, yeh sure, but nowadays, the guild support structure isn't there to keep me logging on and for a long time, that was all that kept me logging on.
    <insert witty signature here>

I didn't experience a whole day to get a group but some times in vanilla I would be in a group for over an hour waiting for someone with a ubrs key or for that last party member. It was annoying to say the least (I finally got the ubrs key as I got sick of having to get my mate online to let us in!)

The LFD system is far superior, yes it takes away some of the fun of going to the instance portal etc but at the same time my mates can log in we hit the button and get insta invited as im a tank and we do our dungeon runs in less than 30mins. I did enjoy long BRD runs but a dungeon like that would have to be worth it to get me to commit that much time to a 5man dungeon.

So far in MOP, im enjoying it. Progressing through Wrathions quest line (DAMN YOU SHA OF FEAR WHERE IS MY WEAPON!?) doing the shield wall dailies and getting near to exalted now. I am stuck as to level my hunter or shaman to 90, I dislike having to do the rep grind again via dailies for an alt =[ (I admit I would not mind having an option on an alt to get rep via a tabard if you have that faction exalted on your main)

I think the Pace is a bit off its toooo slow for my liking plus just thinking about doing dailies again on a alt (im looking at you golden lotus..) is making me shudder.

I am not sure if bored is the right word.

1) Dailies. Yes, they're required, for Valor gear, for Lesser Charms. Don't enjoy dailies? Too bad.
    2) Valor. It takes soo long to cap Valor Points during the week, and soo long to get enough to get an upgrade, that you don't dare miss out on valor capping, and you don't dare spend your valor incorrectly -- woops, just got a sidegrade drop that would have saved me 3 weeks of valor points! Oh well....
    3) Alts. MoP is a terrible expansion if you like playing Alts. You can run LFR and/or do Dailies. Unlucky in LFR? Too bad, wait until next week. Don't do dailies on your alts? See number 1, except that you won't actually have anything to spend your VP on. Also, good luck capping Valor on a second toon when it already took you until Friday or Saturday to cap on your main.
    4) LFR. The new LFR loot system is fine. Unfortunately, LFR just doesn't make for a very good gearing option. Its good as a final endgame for casual players, but it just takes too long to get rewards if all you're there for is gear to be able to do normal mode pickup groups.
    5) PVP. Again, the MoP motto seems to be "make everything take incredibly long and you're basically out of luck if you haven't been doing everything since day 1". Why bother doing PVP when you're just going to be crushed repeatedly, and its going to take you months to get caught up with people who have been playing for awhile?

Basically, there's so many chores that you have to do in WOW now that by the time you're done doing all that stuff along with a full raiding schedule, there's no time to do stuff that you actually WANT to do in WOW.

This isn't World of Warcraft, it's World of Chore-craft. Also, Heart of Fear truly is a terrible instance with some horrible boss mechanics (Garalon - annoying pheromone mechanic, Blade-Lord - frustrating tornado mechanic, Ambershaper - we all know how everyone loves a vehicle fight, right?)

So, the question is: will 5.2 fix it?

Dailies, Rep, and Valor were more sane in 5.1, and will be okay in 5.2. Divorcing Valor gear from dailies is a big move in the right direction. You still have to do dailies for Lesser Charms, though.

Alts will still have a tough time. The 2x Valor reward bonus just doesn't help much because by the time you get it, you can't really benefit from the daily double on things like scenarios or dungeons. At least Valor gear will be easier to get (thanks to getting rep from raiding). Making the old gear cheaper and doesn't really help because they're still locked behind daily rep grinds.

LFR for the old raids having higher drop rates will help with gearing for...the next LFR, where you can again languish for weeks without getting a drop!

The new PVP system does little to remove the prospect of months of having your face ground to dust with little to show for it.
    Last edited by Felade; 2013-01-29 at 02:26 PM.

For me: a casual player (20-30ish hours a week, in a small, mostly non-raiding guild, if you want to call that casual), who focuses on one character, I'm bored as well. I maxed all of the reps 1-1.5 months into the expansion. Maxed Shieldwall 2-3 weeks after 5.1. Have all the LFR gear for my character, have all of the Sha gear for my character. I can upgrade gear, and buy 2-3 pieces of valor gear to upgrade, but we're talking 4-8 ilvls worth of upgrading per piece, all for a decent amount of valor. Cost/time/benefit not worth it, IMO - especially since I really don't raid.

I'm in a holding pattern until 5.2. I'm dinking around with battle pets at the moment, farming the old raids for Bigglesworth achieve, and leveling a monk with four other guildies. Other than that, hanging out in Stormwind/Shrine.

do you play WoW more than 20 hours a week? do you play video games (any) more than that? if so then i found your problem. play games less. do more life stuff.

this is the same problem D3 complainers have. they've logged 100+ hours on a game and then wonder why they got bored. it doesn't matter how talented blizzard folks might be, they aren't going to keep you happy forever if you're logging on and playing 5 or 10 hours each day.

don't play a game more than a full time job or it will start to feel like one
    Last edited by Blur4stuff; 2013-01-29 at 04:00 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Justforthis123 View Post
    Communities are where they have been since day1.

There was no LFR infact you wouldnt see dungeons most of the time unless you had an entire day to waste looking for a party.

The awesome part is just your point of view.

MoP is very similiar to TBC about reps , much better in term of gameplay / story and stuff to do.
    I made a lot of friends in WoW and I was even a casual player and I rarely had trouble finding groups.

People were just too lazy to make friends.

I still remember my first real guild. It was like a large family. Guilds are unnecessary now unless you are hardcore, and progress guilds are usually in it for progress only, not to make friends.

WoW is living in the shadow of vanilla, TBC and Wrath.

But yeah there is a lot to do now. I'm actually looking forward to PVP in 5.2. I'd like to do the new raid as well but with a guild, not via LFR. If I am forced to use LFR I'll pass and just wait for the next expansion.

Communities are something that made WoW. Without communities, WoW just isn't the same and I hope Blizzard see that. Of course, they do realise that, but they aren't going to change anything because they have to cater to lazy people who want instant gratification.

But I guess that Gregg Street is happy with his large bank account.