Page 1 of 2
LastLast

5.2 Factions does not offer valor items -- few thoughts

It has been stated that 5.2 factions will not have any valor items as rep rewards.
    Then what do they offer ?.
    Why would we be motivated to do the daily quests those factions offer ?.

Or OTOH is it similar to Hellscream Reach faction which offered 346/359 weps/ trinkets(comparable to JP gear during pre-firelands) ?
    Anyone on the PTR do you have any insight on this ?

If they dont offer valor items, and we cannot upgrade items, then what is the use of valor points?

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    If they dont offer valor items, and we cannot upgrade items, then what is the use of valor points?
    I believe we will be able to purchase VP gear from VP quartermaster (similar to Cata model).
    Not sure though..

turnig them in conquest points?

I think the direct quote was that the dailies in 5.2 won't offer valor items, not that valor items are removed from the game entirely. Hopefully they don't gate valor behind rep again, even if it is the raid rep. It would be kinda stupid. I'd be farming raids and getting gear and then each piece I got would make valor less and less useful until it had no use. Essentially valor would become like justice points.

Deleted
    "So we ARE getting catch-up gear via VP in 5.2 (was under the impression LFR was the only route we got to catch up)
    Planning on new valor gear. Some (not all) may require reps. LFR is another avenue, but also gated. Catch up - yes. Instant - no."
    From the news post!

Quote Originally Posted by sauron123 View Post
    It has been stated that 5.2 factions will not have any valor items as rep rewards.

Or OTOH is it similar to Hellscream Reach faction which offered 346/359 weps/ trinkets(comparable to JP gear during pre-firelands) ?
    Wrong, it has been stated that the daily faction doesn't offer VP rewards.

The faction that is gained through killing mobs/bosses in the raid does however.

Deleted
    Since the dailies in 5.2 won't offer valor items, they MUST add items to the VP vendor otherwise it will just be a useless currency. I can't imagine that they'll gate any valor items with raid reputation as it makes no sense at all.

Theirs something so forced about this whole developer standpoint that says WE WANT YOU TO RAID PREVIOUS CONTENT. Like in TBC it was sorta just the way it was. You didn't know any other options or know anything better and it didn't seem like the heavy hand of the developer was pushing you to do this old crap that the other guilds were done with already. Now when they make comments about how the developers don't want you to skip that stuff, it just feels so forced. Like heres the path do it because we say so because fast catchup is to good for you. It's like a million times better than the daily model for valor gear in 5.0 but at the same time I don't know something bugs me about it.

I should still say that I'm extremely happy about no more daily quest for gear bullshit. Probably will resub when this patch drops. This sounds like something closer to the wrath way of doing things. Although your not gonna do rep runs apparently. Still it beats the living piss out of daily quests for gear which they abandoned pretty fast.

Quote Originally Posted by titcch View Post
    Since the dailies in 5.2 won't offer valor items, they MUST add items to the VP vendor otherwise it will just be a useless currency. I can't imagine that they'll gate any valor items with raid reputation as it makes no sense at all.
    It makes a thousand times more sense than gating them behind non-raid content.

10+ Year Old Account

Get rep from ToT, buy valor gear.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then what do the new factions reward you with when reaching exalted (apart from story)?

-Mounts (already have Sunreaver and Silver Covenant mounts from the Argent Tournament)? Dinosaurs don't really fit as a reward from those two factions.
    -Titles?
    -Vanity items?

the new legendary quests require you to reach certain points at daily quests (like unlocking lightning forge) on the island.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

10+ Year Old Account
    They offer a fantastic story like the 5.1 dailies. I suspect you get mounts and vanity items.
    Aye mate

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    the new legendary quests require you to reach certain points at daily quests (like unlocking lightning forge) on the island.
    THat is bound to overall server progress, not your personal one.

They've really fucked up this time with Valor Points.

Why couldn't they just keep the Cataclysm model, but require you to earn more Valor Points. I remember being in all blues, looking at the epics thinking about how amazing it is going to feel, putting all that on. The same way I felt that going from quest greens into blues, so I could get into Heroics.

I felt like I was progressing. I'm not asking Blizzard to tailor their systems to me, but didn't anyone else prefer the Cataclysm model, if the costs were increased?

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    They offer a fantastic story like the 5.1 dailies. I suspect you get mounts and vanity items.
    Am I doing dailies for stories ?...really..I did not know that.

There will be rep only obtained through raids (all difficulties). behind that rep there will be vp gear......
    Also other vp gear will available, without rep-requirement.

So we'll have use for our vp's.

maybe they will use the rep from raids to give players a chance to get raid-gear when rng is being cruel?????
    Hope so......

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    but didn't anyone else prefer the Cataclysm model
    For the record i really loveeeeeeed the vp/jp system of cata.

Deleted
    To replace those slots you cant get from drops for long time, like always? How is this any different. Hiding valor gear behind rep wont make it anymore different or useful (or have better ilvl), just tedious and frustrating for some.

Why would we be motivated to do the daily quests those factions offer ?
    Because of what they are suppose to do to begin with. You know, before all this rep gating.

Mounts, vanity items, titles, gold(and now, valor).
    Something to do AFTER the usual dungeon/raid/lfr grind to break from the habit. Something, even relatively, fun past time..even tho its bit burger-flipping.

You shouldnt be forced to do dailies. In my opinion the whole valor gear being behind rep is just arbitrary way of slowing down gearing and just..making people "play more" thro a bit frustrating way.