Newly 90 Warlock & Breakpoints

So I recently leveled my warlock and was wondering is it that important to reach the breakpoints of 4200 & 4800 haste or go for mastery as most people say and just get those break points when you get more gear?

playing affliction btw

Quote Originally Posted by Aianos View Post
    You should read this thread

TL;DR. Keep Haste and Mastery close together.
    This, just, this.

I've already read it it dosnt answer what i'm asking... anyone who is helpful able to answer my question

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roosky View Post
    So I recently leveled my warlock and was wondering is it that important to reach the breakpoints of 4200 & 4800 haste or go for mastery as most people say and just get those break points when you get more gear?

playing affliction btw
    Stick with mastery, however, if you can reforge enough out of crit/mastery into haste to reach your haste points, do it. Once getting to say 4800, leave all the rest and drop back into mastery while trying to keep your 4800 breakpoint.

This is my warlock, and i do between 80-90k single target.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...tiees/advanced

So go full mastery & mastery hit gems and reforge to mastery and just hit the break points if you can through reforging or just wait for gear is what you're saying? thx

Edit: currently 474 ilvl hit 90 2 days ago I won't be hitting the first breakpoint of 4200 if I go full mastery but it dosnt matter that much right?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by evralia View Post
    4. Gems

SOCKET COLOUR GEM EFFECT
    Meta [Burning Primal Diamond] 216 Intellect and Increased Critical Effect
    Red [Brilliant Primordial Ruby]
    or
    [Artful Vermilion Onyx]
    160 Intellect

80 Intellect and 160 Mastery
    Yellow [Artful Vermilion Onyx]
    or
    [Fractured Sun's Radiance]
    80 Intellect and 160 Mastery

320 Mastery
    Blue [Veiled Imperial Amethyst]
    or
    [Sensei's Wild Jade]
    80 Intellect and 160 Hit

160 Hit and 160 Mastery

The gems that you use from the above list will depend on your stat weights. You will generally use one of two setups:

In early stages of your gear, such as pre-raid and in early normal mode gear, Intellect is worth more than double any of your secondary stats, so you use
    [Brilliant Primordial Ruby] in red slots, and [Artful Vermilion Onyx] in the yellow slots.

In later stages of your gear, such as in full Tier 14 Heroic, Intellect is worth less than double of your secondary stats, so you would use
    [Artful Vermilion Onyx] in red slots and [Fractured Sun's Radiance] in yellow slots.

Example Math - skip this if you don't care:

Early Stage Gear - If Int has a Scale Factor of 3.53 and Mastery has a Scale Factor of 1.70, then a 160 Int gem gives:
    3.53 * 1.05 * 160 = 593.04
    and an 80 Int and 160 Mastery gem gives:
    (3.53 * 1.05 * 80) + (160 * 1.70) = 568.52

Therefore 84 Intellect is better than 160 Mastery.

Late Stage Gear:
    If Int has a Scale Factor of 4.56 and Mastery has a Scale Factor of 2.97, then a 160 Int gem gives:
    4.56 * 1.05 * 160 = 766.08
    and an 80 Int and 160 Mastery gem gives:
    (4.56 * 1.05 * 80) + (160 * 2.97) = 858.24

Therefore 160 Mastery is better than 84 Intellect.
    The best information i have ever gotten for my warlock was from Evrelia
    He's a decent warlock and has given out some amazing information to the community.

Check his thread out here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...pecific-Guides

Quote Originally Posted by Roosky View Post
    Edit: currently 474 ilvl hit 90 2 days ago I won't be hitting the first breakpoint of 4200 if I go full mastery but it dosnt matter that much right?
    "If" you go full mastery

If you can reach the first breakpoint from reforging, go for it. But its actually just 1 extra tick, nothing serious if you ignore it and go full mastery.
    Last edited by Lithix; 2013-01-28 at 10:42 AM.

Someone also suggested to keep haste and mastery somewhat equal without having a huge difference between them. If you can reach the breakpoints without sacrificing too much mastery for it, do that. But keep in mind that haste also lowers your global cooldown when recasting dots and stuff, and makes your drain soul tick faster, which nets more shards when you get to use it. Now, I'm not sure if it's the better stats that came up with the new LFR gear I looted, but after getting like four pieces with haste from LFR(two of them were tier) and reached the 4800 cap, my dps went up from 60k to like 70k single target.

10+ Year Old Account
    While being on subject and not trying to hijack the thread I'll just ask, should I keep my 320 mastery gems or change them into int/mastery instead.
    I have no idea when full mastery is better. :3

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...njehlol/simple

Deleted
    generally speaking, mastery overtakes haste at around ilvl 480, so i wouldnt go full mastery if you're at ilvl 474, it should be a dps decrease if you go full mastery b4 you're gear is there.