View Poll Results: Do you care about transmog?

Voters
469. This poll is closed
  • Yes

351 74.84%
  • No

49 10.45%
  • I like transmog but I don't farm for it.

69 14.71%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    One of the best vanity/RP-friendly additions to the game, in my opinion. Saves bag space not having to carry around an RP set (or your normal gear if you're rocking the RP set). While the equipment manager helped make switching it out faster, Transmog eliminates the need to carry it around entirely, and to boot lets you wear your RP gear while you're out doing stuff like questing, dailies, scenarios, dungeons, raids, BGs, or arenas, or farming (professions and in Sunsong, take your pick) so long as it's of the same armor class.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

I'd really love to do some sets for my characters, but thus far I've been prevented to really delve into the matter by mostly time. I've been collecting some items from old raids and from achievement runs, and who knows, one day I might even get to the actual 'mogging. Only problem thus far is that I really do not like the old druid Tier sets at all (well, not the ones obtainable to me at least), and that pretty much limits me to off-set pieces and different dungeon and world drops that really take a bit of research to match. And that brings me to time yet again...

What I have been surprised about is that my fiancé (who returned to the game after a two-year hiatus) has really embraced the feature. He is not the kind of guy to give a sh*t about his own appearance (beyond being fully clothed while awake and shaving), but the looks of his character are very important to him. He has bought two or three different sets to his main off the AH (old world drop greens from vanilla) and even all sorts of different weapons he switches out every once in a while. He prefers the vanilla plate look, and his ud warrior currently looks a lot like a Stormwind guard risen from the dead.

My guildies are pretty diverse on it. Some transmog certain characters only, some have only a set for their main, some mog all and then there are those who have absolutely no interest in it whatsoever. Some are like me; always working on it but never getting anything done. I think the majority of my guildies has tried the feature, but only one or two are really into it as far as to farm raids for weeks on end for a certain item.

Being a guild leader myself, well, I think it has become clear it's not my character's looks that I can impress anyone with. The leader and the officers are an example to the guildies and to the possible recruits, and sure it's a good sign if they are that interested and invested in their characters. I wouldn't say that was my primary interest when applying though, I'd be more interested in the dynamics within the guild. That said, having your entire raiding team look good and sharp is even better than just having a good looking gm ;P

10+ Year Old Account
    There are "unbelievers", and I feel it's an optional part of the game so it's alright not to use transmogrify, but some people REALLY should care about it more.
    I see such monstrosities wandering around Shrine of Seven Stars... It almost makes me sad and i'd like to tell them "Hey, is there really a person under that twisted stuff or are you some weird sha-touched beast?"

PS: My main is a hunter and i dislike every hunter tier sets. But i love transmogrify, especially because i find the new sets to be terrible, exceptions made.

10+ Year Old Account
    My main warrior has around 200 pieces of transmog/vanity gear. >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Rastas View Post
    That said, having your entire raiding team look good and sharp is even better than just having a good looking gm ;P
    yeah but thats a dream thats going to stay a dream (unless you like looking at untransmogged heroic gear)

10+ Year Old Account
    Transmogrification is just about the only way to set yourself apart from the endless masses. I hated looking like everyone else for years. In vanilla is was easy to look better than the next guy; all you had to do was raid BWL or higher for the most part. In TBC, you had to be a part of a progression guild and even then, you only looked different than the next guy for three or four months. By the time WotLK came along, there was very little difference in gear aside from coloration. Can you imagine what the game would be like now with LFR? Raiders from the top server guild would look just like weekend raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    Transmogrification is just about the only way to set yourself apart from the endless masses. I hated looking like everyone else for years. In vanilla is was easy to look better than the next guy; all you had to do was raid BWL or higher for the most part. In TBC, you had to be a part of a progression guild and even then, you only looked different than the next guy for three or four months. By the time WotLK came along, there was very little difference in gear aside from coloration. Can you imagine what the game would be like now with LFR? Raiders from the top server guild would look just like weekend raiders.
    -raises eyebrow-

Special snowflakes aside, transmog is quite important to me. Not only can I look the way I want, but we also have tons of fun; for example, sometimes me and a few buddies will do a raid with a "Vanilla Theme" and all transmog to T1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Deleted
    Although I use transmorgify I am never in a rush to get a set.
    It just comes on the way and if someone doesn't like it tough luck for them then

10+ Year Old Account
    Transmog is one of the best features ever. Currently I feature pink priest T2 from TBC.

Gotta look sexy when im beating the brains out of... anything!

I did care for it when it came out, but haven't got the time to make a new transmogr set yet. Will probably do it later on

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Transmog is one of the best features ever.
    Amen to that!

I was really sceptical of transmog when I first heard about it. I mean, it doesn't raise your ilevel does it, so what's the use?

However, having experienced it, it is game changing. Especially for alts. Most random gear makes your alt look hideous. Getting a decent transmog for heirlooms is close to essential for me to persist with leveling them.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    yeah but thats a dream thats going to stay a dream (unless you like looking at untransmogged heroic gear)
    Heh, probably... I'm lucky enough that most of my raiders look way better than I do, both in stats and looks at the moment I'm afraid

If someone was to look us up on the armory though, they see the GM as a lvl 85 pally with a mix of holy and ret gear, so I really do hope they do not scrutinize us too hard. They'd even have no way to know I raid with another character currently. Oh my, I really need to start thinking about PR more.

Deleted
    If I find an awesome looking set I will most likely farm for it. Just finished my MC look for my hunter with full t1, crown of destruction and ancient bone bow!

10+ Year Old Account
    I rather transmog into something I like, rather than a tier set that I might not like. Makes the game much more enjoyable IMO.

I enjoy it thoroughly.

The idea that my old armor with the attachment I have to it from visual appeal and emotional response when it drops... to think that I would feel for it to that extent only to toss it away afterwards is mind boggling.

In this sense, transmogging allows for armor to be truly meaningful in that it can accompany you along your journey from low levels to top tier; all that changes are its stats which could be taken to mean that the armor grows along with the wearer. Artifacts are often items of great sentimental value or spiritual value which comes from having been present during monumental events.

I like to imagine it that with every elemental lord I defeat, with every drop of dragon's blood that stains my armor, it somehow imbues my armor with that sort of "magical property" and that the strength of my armor is a sort of badge at the quality of foe I've defeated.

I took up leatherworking just to make some warbear woolies. So yeah, I care.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes I do. For me, it's probably up there as one of my favourite features in the game, one that should have been available a long time ago. Not only does it allow us to make our characters look like we want them to, but at least for me, it made a lot more old content relevant than it was before transmog.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    I care, and greatly so, any character I play actively has several sets of transmog that I switch between often.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

I care about transmog for my 2 main characters. I usually alternate between the T2, T8, T10 and T11 sets on both my paladin and my druid. Also, I've got tons and tons of random sets I've gathered since vanilla. Old weapons that can't be gotten anymore, random cloaks and helms... shit like that. Hell, I collected sets to wear around Stormwind before transmog was ever even thought up.