Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Warlock quest chain

Any news on HOW will we actually get to START the quests?
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

Impretty sure there is no news or it would be all over these forums, from what i understand when it was due to be in 5.1 the item that starts it was listed as dropping off horde/alliance mobs in the new 5.1 daily area, let's hope they stick to it being a drop, rare at first then upping the drop rate, I'd hate for it to be a BMAH item or only dropping in heroic raids at first etc, make it rare but make it so anyone could get it.
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

I think it will be something similar to how Brawler's Guild works. Have it a weird drop and a BMAH loot at the same time which will be hard to get at first and will eventually get easier depending on the player demands. It is still a guess and I definitely hope/think it will NOT have anything to do with raiding.

Nothing confirmed but it's very likely to be an extremely low drop chance from mobs on thunder isle. It's also tradable.

So dumb if its a low drop rate...

10+ Year Old Account
    Warlocks: "Blizzard, please give as an option between green fire and red fire."

Blizzard: "DAILIES!!!!! REP GRINDS!!!!!!!!"

I'm just worried it's gonna get bumped again to a later time like 5.3 patch or later

Deleted
    Is MMO-Champ correct that the warlock quest rewards a 489 ring? Isn't 489 a little low for a 5.2 epic?
    The quest isn't far enough along to be able to meaningfully data mine anything out of it. The plan is still for 5.2 though.
    inb4 postponing this again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    inb4 postponing this again
    I was just looking for a thread to post this in, cause I got the distinct feeling too. If the quest isn't far enough along now then they'd need to really freaking start hurrying up with it. On the upside that also means they haven't implemented a final way yet of obtaining the item to start the chain, so we can possibly still have influence on the way it's delivered.

Though the dungeon journal says the observer boss is not a daemon or at least a daemon of the legion, I would say their is a good chance that it is obtained from this boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Salty Schro View Post
    Though the dungeon journal says the observer boss is not a daemon or at least a daemon of the legion, I would say their is a good chance that it is obtained from this boss.
    Don't jinx it pls, although the Dark Animus is more likely to drop it than the Observer boss. It will be pathetic enough to have it as a raid drop, forced to get into raiding schedules in order to achieve a vanity feature.

As for the quest line, if it actually gets bumped to another patch again I will be terribly disappointed. At least on 5.1, there was no official announcement, but now, there was an official announcement that it will be on 5.2.
    Last edited by deviantcultist; 2013-01-29 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Don't jinx it pls, although the Dark Animus is more likely to drop it than the Observer boss. It will be pathetic enough to have it as a raid drop, forced to get into raiding schedules in order to achieve a vanity feature.

As for the quest line, if it actually gets bumped to another patch again I will be terribly disappointed. At least on 5.1, there was no official announcement, but now, there was an official announcement that it will be on 5.2.
    Vanity= something that is worthless or useless

So a feature, with an epic quest, bunch of lore and fun, should be handed to you! Makes total sense, let me know how warlocks were forced to get there 40/60 mounts back in the day to get an EPIC class mount. You know people are really starting to get out of hand with the word "forced" I think Blizzard should start getting rid of these whiners.

All I need to say because its these whiners which takes certain fun out of the game. Let me know how green fire is forced on you, how much of a dps increase will this be, O and it will also "force" you to play destruction to utilize green fire. This will in return "force" blizzard into making destruction stronger than affliction and demo, "forcing" all warlocks to go destruction "forcing" a boring game which then "force" you to quit!

Stood in the Fire SaltLakeAtrocity's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully it rewards something other than the crit ring implied (even if they said the ilvl was probably going to be adjusted to the current tier). I don't really care about green fire, that bright fluorescent green has always seemed cartoonish to me; but class content is nice.
    Last edited by SaltLakeAtrocity; 2013-01-30 at 12:11 AM.
    -- We'll Dance As The Palaces Burn --

Quote Originally Posted by velspine View Post
    Vanity= something that is worthless or useless

So a feature, with an epic quest, bunch of lore and fun, should be handed to you! Makes total sense, let me know how warlocks were forced to get there 40/60 mounts back in the day to get an EPIC class mount. You know people are really starting to get out of hand with the word "forced" I think Blizzard should start getting rid of these whiners.

All I need to say because its these whiners which takes certain fun out of the game. Let me know how green fire is forced on you, how much of a dps increase will this be, O and it will also "force" you to play destruction to utilize green fire. This will in return "force" blizzard into making destruction stronger than affliction and demo, "forcing" all warlocks to go destruction "forcing" a boring game which then "force" you to quit!
    Before you go with all that "theory", let me ask something. How does getting this questline got to do with being a scheduled normal difficulty raider?

My primary concern is whether it will actually make it to 5.2 or not. The latest tweet mentioned "the current plan" so did an older tweet and added that it was not a promise. I cannot see why this is in any way good marketing. I, for example, didn't renew my subscription after they decided not to put the questline in 5.1 and if they don't in 5.2, I won't be playing in 5.2 either.
    Last edited by deviantcultist; 2013-01-30 at 01:14 AM.

So a feature, with an epic quest, bunch of lore and fun, should be handed to you!
    I don't necessarily think it should be handed to people. But the spittle dripping from your lips as you fervently rage type your post is a bit over the top. It's a feature that should have been a baseline selectable option for the last eight years but wasn't. It could have just been a feature added in the last expansion. Blizzard decided to make it a questline. Exactly what type of hoops do YOU feel everyone should have to jump through so YOU feel everyone is worthy of the all mighty green pixel, oh majestic hardcore one? You totally reminded me of the zombie dragons guy from the Crendor video. That made me really laugh.

As with any questline I expect the "skill" level will be zero, how fast you get access to it will be up to the rng gods, and the "earning" is the time sink involved. Probably more than 5 steps but less than opening Hodir. I'll probably do it just to do so even though I don't really care about green fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinjin View Post
    I don't necessarily think it should be handed to people. But the spittle dripping from your lips as you fervently rage type your post is a bit over the top. It's a feature that should have been a baseline selectable option for the last eight years but wasn't. It could have just been a feature added in the last expansion. Blizzard decided to make it a questline. Exactly what type of hoops do YOU feel everyone should have to jump through so YOU feel everyone is worthy of the all mighty green pixel, oh majestic hardcore one? You totally reminded me of the zombie dragons guy from the Crendor video. That made me really laugh.

As with any questline I expect the "skill" level will be zero, how fast you get access to it will be up to the rng gods, and the "earning" is the time sink involved. Probably more than 5 steps but less than opening Hodir. I'll probably do it just to do so even though I don't really care about green fire.
    My whole rant was being sarcastic and aiming at the audience of players are insisting blizzard is holding a shotgun to their head and "forcing" them to do these things.

Green fire quest chain is something the playerbase has wanted and should have been in I agree. But the direction blizzard is putting into, is making it epic and worth earning. Also it allows them to add lore to the game without it interfering with the main story of the game and allows the game elude to the future.

But again, my rant was sarcastic and aimed at the tools who feel like this game is forcing them to do stuff.

Basically, people should stop using the word
    "forced"
    seeing how this is a game, and you can't be forced to do anything that isn't really going to effect your gameplay progression wise.
    Last edited by velspine; 2013-01-30 at 01:50 AM.

If it does drop in raids it will definitely drop in LFR as well anyway so who cares.

It won't be super hard to get no matter where the quest item comes from. I'd bet money on that.

Deleted
    Hi,

Will green fire affect the lock mount, Dreadsteed?
    Tkx in advance

Quote Originally Posted by oleirinha View Post
    Hi,

Tkx in advance
    Unknown.

/10chars
    Warlocks get buffed ONE TIME and suddenly developers are getting fired over it...

Quote Originally Posted by oleirinha View Post
    Hi,

Tkx in advance
    I was hoping it would, but i don't think its going too. It really should though to give us that complete fel fire feeling, plus it would also give people who play affliction something with green fire to show off.