Thread: Heroic Garajal

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Heroic Garajal

How do you do this fight? 2 or 3 heals?

3 heals i feel we will hit the enrage... We just came back to raiding, cleared normal and started HCs so were not awesome geared...
    2 heals it gets messed up when 1 as doll and 1 has debuff... Advices?

we also had 2 dk tanks, which seemed to hurt us a bit on the dolls...

edit: posting team and fix missing "not"
    2 dk tanks
    1 ret pala, 1 hunter, 1 enha shaman, 1 affi lock, 1 mage
    1 resto shaman
    1 shadow/holy priest, 1 shadow/disc priest
    Last edited by mmocf9f29600a1; 2013-01-28 at 01:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    How are you set on Spriests/Ele shams/Boomkins?
    Hybrids help a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

Haven't actually killed it yet, but from what i understand you normally 3 heal it. Its all having just the right amount of adds, you never want to have your dps stay in the spirit realm the whole 30 second. You want them out asap.

Deleted
    skip the first totem use healing damage reduction cds on the second totem.
    having 2 Dks with low gear is kinda gamebreaking tbh...
    and hybrids are kinda nice as metioned earlier^^

Quote Originally Posted by nctank View Post
    How do you do this fight? 2 or 3 heals?

3 heals i feel we will hit the enrage... We just came back to raiding, cleared normal and started HCs so were awesome geared...
    2 heals it gets messed up when 1 as doll and 1 has debuff... Advices?

we also had 2 dk tanks, which seemed to hurt us a bit on the dolls...
    You should 3 heal it as you need that in case of dolls, in addition it helps alot when reaching 20% as alot of dolls will spawn from 20 - 0 %.

Having 2 dk tanks is crap. DKs are really butthurt on this fight, but it's definately doable. Any multidot class will be exceptional in the spirit realm, moonkins especially. If you are overgeared you should have no problems at all killing it within the enrage timer.

Good luck

Deleted
    we tried 3 heal once or twice but still got raped by shadowstrikes... still it looked like we'd hit enrage...

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey nctank,

A few more infos about your setup would be appreciated.
    I'll do Gara'jal HC on Wednesay, so I can't tell you from practice. We started Heroic modes two weeks ago But from theory and from our raid's PoV:

- Do you have a Discipline priest? Let him/her smite all the time, and if a healer is a doll and the other one has the debuff, let the disc enter the spirit world and heal normally, then switch back to smite. Perhaps something similiar could apply to Ele shamans or Moonkins.
    Luckily, my raid setup consists of a Discipline priest and we have some strong damage dealers, so hopefully we'll make it this way.

- Concerning the tanks. Well, Blood Shield is useless against the Shadow Attacks from Gara'jal. I've read that Warriors (hooray, that's me) & Monks take smoother damage because of Shield Block and Stagger. However, you should and will prevail with any other tank setup, too. Keep in mind that the dolls take 100% damage the tank takes, up from 70%. You'll have to find the best cooldown management for your two tanks and also the dolls. Yes, the dolls also need to use defensive cooldowns wisely.

- Are you fine with the Spirit World? Do people move fast enough to the totem, is your totem-group-announcer fast enough?

- Have you tried "Pop Heroism/Bloodlust at the start, ignore first totem, enter 2nd totem"?

As I said before, my group will visit heroic Gara'jal this Wednesday and thus I cannot tell from experience.

But I'd like to use this thread to ask this question: The tank in the spirit world sees one Severer, the raid two. When will the tank return to the normal world? When he/she has defeated his single one or all three have been killed?

Good luck and kind regards
    We are as God intended. Fallible, yet capable of great things.

Deleted
    updated with my combo...
    only tank sees the red Severer, the 2 white can be seen by all. tank goes back when all 3 servers are dead... they are very spread and the tank can kill 2, but its hard.

we tried hero at start and only go totem when tank goes down, still there was a lot of damage from dolls + adds :S

not sure on what disc was doing

15+ Year Old Account
    Just killed it last saturday with our alt raid...

we went with 2 healers, shaman and priest while our paladin went Retribution, but we also had Shadow priest and Elemental shaman, without at least one of them i don't think two healer strategy works, but i might be wrong

what u wanna do is just do normal rotation with 1 healer and 2 dps going inside as long as u can, then at some point u'll start having one healer with doll and second with portal debuff, when that happens u just send two dps in as normal with Shadow priest and let him heal the group

we did it in like 10 pulls, maybe few less can't exactly remember when we did it like this, good luck
    My twitch channel https://www.twitch.tv/durbem I stream my guild's mythic raids, but I'm also streaming other games from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pippo89 View Post

But I'd like to use this thread to ask this question: The tank in the spirit world sees one Severer, the raid two. When will the tank return to the normal world? When he/she has defeated his single one or all three have been killed?

Good luck and kind regards
    Only when all 3 have been defeated. Dps need to help out here.

We use 2 healers and a disc priest smiting. I think its a nice compromise.
    - Disc priests contribute a decent chunk of damage that converts to heals
    - It eliminates some of the rng from possibly having a healer dolled and the other one debuffed.

We 2 man healed it.

With a resto druid/hpala for our first kill. The goal is to have your healers only go down when they are running oom, and else staying up, you can fix this problem with hybrids. For example often i went down their alone with another dps (im a SP) and healed us both, and often could solo the place as a SP, if thats was the case.

Unless you have really sick dps when your aint good geared, you have no chance too 3 man heal it, even with a disc dps.

but as other people have said, hybrids is pretty sick on this fight, since they can down their alone and still dps in spirit realm and get if you get unlucky voodoo dolls on healers.

2 healers plus smite healing disc priest do the job.

Deleted
    Without much gear on this fight, Dk tanks will make it alot harder (The Dk himself is good, The doll'd people however take hits from 70-160k+)
    2 Heal and having a hybrid as a "reserve" will help out alot/almost be required. This is a fight you will outgear very quickly however. Another reset of gear does work wonders if you're struggling on Dps/Healing

Deleted
    Hey when we reached it we didn't have the dps for killing him with 3 healers since we had 1 on a alt and 2 in there offspec that week. So we did go 2 man healing that week killed it with 40 secs or so left on the timer with a dk and druid tank. Pala and druid healer. We have done 3 man healing since u can get totally unlucky with 2 healers, so if u have the dps go for 3 if not its doable with 2.

We 3 healed it our first time and after wiping a few times, we finally killed him right as he was enraging (there was literally 0.5 secs left). The following weeks, 1-2 shot him easily with 2 healers.

One of the reasons we were hitting enrage was healers in the portal weren't healing the DPS enough to put the stacks on them. Make sure your healers are spamming their fastest heals in there. Our group kills him with 3 healers each week. At the pull, (we have a disc priest, monk, hpaly setup) we have all our healers pop their cooldowns and dps him. First portal we send in one dps and one healer, from then on we do 1 healer 2 dps. Sometimes things get mooked around and we send in the elemental shaman with a dps or healer (I forget) to clean up the adds. 3 healing makes the rotation a lot easier, your healers will need to sit in the portal and stack the buff as much as they can.

Deleted
    Whatever you do, you want that disc priest healer with those dk tanks. Disc can lessen doll damage by multiple cd's: Spirit Shell (1min cd), Pain suppression (3min?) and Barrier (3min, covers both tank and dolls if you stacked properly). And in addition there is all that normal shielding disc gives. Seeing your comp you could even do this bit unusual way, tell your holy priest get disc spec for this fight, then 3 heal fight with 2 discs. Plenty of smiting from both of course which makes it almost equal damage vice to 2 healing it. And this would then give you big pile of defensive CD's to rotate on tanks. Also remember to use paladin bubble on tank as extra cd, boss fixates on current tank so losing threat is not problem.

Deleted
    We found it much easier to do with 2 healers.

Assign a group at the start that will always go down with the tank (they go in about 5 secs before banish). Make sure the healer that goes down only comes back after the new dolls are made. This way the boss should never put a doll in a healer, so you can keep shuffling them down. Also be certain they go down, top themselves off with flash heals first, then the DPS that went down and immediately come back up.

As a dk tank I reforged Hit > Dodge> Parry > Mastery which is dumb for any other fight but since our mastery here is almost useless but by increasing my avoidance to 40% (usually run 33%) I was able to reduce my dmg intake and therefore the dmg I was doing to the voodoo dolls. But ya, find at least one alt warrior, or monk tank if you can.

We have similar gear issues and first night of progression hit enrage at 7% even with 2 heals, have to find right balance between adds and boss.

Deleted
    Oh, and yes, Warrior and Monks are the best tanks for this fight. We had a trial Warrior tanking this (he is pretty undegeared compared to any of our regular tanks) and he still did just as good, if not better (talking 20 ilvl disparity here).