Thread: Defiance

Deleted

Defiance

I had a look round this forum and I could'nt find a thread regarding the upcoming Third Person Shooter MMO known as 'Defiance', which in all honesty quite suprised myself!

So for those of you who are wondering defiance is a game coming From Syfy and Trion Worlds which is supposedly a revolution in entertainment: It's both a Powerful scripted drama and a massive online world, united for the very first time. Set on a transformed Earth in the near future, events in the show will impact the game, and players will impact the show, creating an unprecedented immersive experience.

Currently the game is in closed Alpha, but has just had its first beta weekend, with more coming soon, unfortunately all the information is under NDA at the moment regarding testing events.

Release Date: April 2013

One of the first trailers released just over a year ago- gives you a brief idea of the concept~

Defiance CO-OP Gameplay Trailer~

Join the Fight Teaser Trailer~

There is a TON of lore/backstory/misc videos on there Youtube Channel ~ http://www.youtube.com/user/DefianceUniverse/
    If you want some written lore they are doing a gradual build of the time line and events of 'Defiance on Facebook ~ http://www.facebook.com/defiance

The concepts of a game and a show based in the same universe really interest me and I'm looking foward to see if this game and also the show can deliver, but from what I've been informed, seen and experienced, it really looks like this is something to keep your eye on! I'll update this thread and change a few things soon

Kinda sad that this game doesn't have much interest. Personally I'm interested in how they will make the game world effect the television series, but otherwise I just don't see how they are going to make a TPS enjoyable for a long term time period. The last TPS that I truly enjoyed was Syphon Filter, and that was a long long time ago. I enjoyed it because the story was outrageous and the missions were well scripted. I gave uncharted a try, and just didn't find it compelling me to keep playing.

I do hope this game succeeds, and I hope the television show is the next Firefly. But I am waiting with bated breath.

Quote Originally Posted by Elgand View Post
    Kinda sad that this game doesn't have much interest. Personally I'm interested in how they will make the game world effect the television series, but otherwise I just don't see how they are going to make a TPS enjoyable for a long term time period. The last TPS that I truly enjoyed was Syphon Filter, and that was a long long time ago. I enjoyed it because the story was outrageous and the missions were well scripted. I gave uncharted a try, and just didn't find it compelling me to keep playing.

I do hope this game succeeds, and I hope the television show is the next Firefly. But I am waiting with bated breath.
    Personally, I prefer TPS to FPS because FPS just feels less realistic to me. At least with a TPS I get peripheral vision. I'll be interested to see how this game turns out. Especially with its tie-in to the show. I wonder if there will be patch updates each week while the show is on or something of that nature.

There's already a megathread for this. It's not been added to the list, but I'll get on that now.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...hread-Defiance