Page 1 of 5
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Is Every Man For Himself unfair?

    First of all, I realise the racial itself is not, in fact, unfair. However, by not having to use the PvP Medallion, you're allowed to use two DPS PvP trinkets. This is all good and fine, of course, if it wasn't for the fact that these trinkets give a large amount of PvP Power.

    Why is it like this? Humans already have a strong racial in that they get an extra DPS trinket (for example, they get to use the stat-proc trinket, whereas others get a flat +crit, +spirit or +mastery), why do they need to get an additional buff in the form of extra PvP Power?

    Make the +PvP Power on DPS trinkets unique!

    There's already places where this exists. Two-handed weapons (http://www.wowdb.com/items/84790-mal...ors-greatsword) have this in order to prevent Fury Warriors from getting too much. It's essentially the same deal, but for a race rather than a spec.

    Am I wrong in thinking that Humans getting over 1,000 PvP Power more than any other race is unfair? Is it balanced in some way I'm not aware of? Please do tell.
    I'm not a native English speaker, and yet, I don't suck at English. The argument "English is not my mother tongue" doesn't actually give you an excuse to do so.

  2. #2
    Warchief Henkdejager's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Hiding in your computer.
    Posts
    2,189
    If the pvp trinket ( the medalion) gave the same amount of PvP power as the second pvp trinket ( the one who has a chance to blablabla) Then yes it would be fair. For now it is not.

    I play a dwarf hunter and my friend plays a human SP. We are both in the same amount of gear , the only difference is he got 2 dps trinkets and i got one med. He go aprox 3% more PvP power then me.

  3. #3
    A question that has been asked daily by dozens of ppl for over 6 years. Now pvp power just helps further exploit the advantage this gives. The part I have never understood was the changing to WotF but never to EMfH in the same way.
    Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before... He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. -Kurt Vonnegut, "Cat's Cradle"
    "Not everything on the internet is true." -- Abraham Lincoln
    Good is the enemy of great.

  4. #4
    High Overlord Dsfunctional's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    184
    Every race as the option of running with two dps trinkets.

  5. #5
    well, if EMFH is unfair, then what about a trolls mini heroisim.. or an orcs enrage racial? Aren't those like little dps trinkets?
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Never ask for logic in a game that mails you dragons.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Jantasir View Post
    well, if EMFH is unfair, then what about a trolls mini heroisim.. or an orcs enrage racial? Aren't those like little dps trinkets?
    Ya but human gets the dps trinket + stat buff, while everyone get's a minor proc...

  7. #7
    The Insane Wildtree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Iowa - Franconia
    Posts
    16,990
    It is in the game forever, any QQ is just that, a QQ and moot point.

  8. #8
    we all know EMFH is in the game since 4ever the sad part is that Will of the Forsaken is the same just that the UD racial got nerfed rly bad over the years , now is not about the qq, ppl got used with the human getting around with 2dps trinkets + racial 1 the sad part is that now that advantage is getting bigger with the PVP power and will only get bigger with the new content.

  9. #9
    My god you people misunderstand the thread to almost 100%. Do you read the title and then post, or what?

    Every Man For Himself itself is NOT imbalanced or bad or overpowered. The PvP trinkets giving Humans more than 1,000 PvP Power more than anyone else are. The trinkets can only do that BECAUSE of EMFH. In the past, EMFH has been balanced around Humans not having a DPS racial, which made them more or less balanced in PvP, but now they get a DPS trinket, but an additional 1,000+ PvP Power to go with it. It is WORSE than it has EVER been.

    Sorry for the rant, the few of you that understand my problem.
    I'm not a native English speaker, and yet, I don't suck at English. The argument "English is not my mother tongue" doesn't actually give you an excuse to do so.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxiye View Post
    My god you people misunderstand the thread to almost 100%. Do you read the title and then post, or what?

    Every Man For Himself itself is NOT imbalanced or bad or overpowered. The PvP trinkets giving Humans more than 1,000 PvP Power more than anyone else are. The trinkets can only do that BECAUSE of EMFH. In the past, EMFH has been balanced around Humans not having a DPS racial, which made them more or less balanced in PvP, but now they get a DPS trinket, but an additional 1,000+ PvP Power to go with it. It is WORSE than it has EVER been.

    Sorry for the rant, the few of you that understand my problem.
    Really? worse than it has ever been? Lol, remember dk's + warriors using shadowmourne + WFS and DBW. Wasn't OP at all.

  11. #11
    is that 3% damage so gamebreaking for you?
    I'd say Orc attack power AND STUN REDUCTION is far more imbalanced.
    If I could, I'd choose the orc race hands down.
    So no, I could understand this rant during Wotlk, but not now.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsu View Post
    is that 3% damage so gamebreaking for you?
    I'd say Orc attack power AND STUN REDUCTION is far more imbalanced.
    If I could, I'd choose the orc race hands down.
    So no, I could understand this rant during Wotlk, but not now.
    How? The Orc racials haven't changed. Humans get just as much out of their racial now as they used to (PvP proc trinket), but with an extra PvP Power bonus attached to it. It's 3%, as you say, in free additional damage to what your racial should give.

    WoLK was NOT as bad as it is now. Yes, the PvE trinket stacking was bad, but Warriors in that season were good mostly due to Shadowmourne. The trinket deal is worse now.
    I'm not a native English speaker, and yet, I don't suck at English. The argument "English is not my mother tongue" doesn't actually give you an excuse to do so.

  13. #13
    Yep, what other people have said.

    Re-imagine Every Man for Himself in your head as a 3% buff to all damage. Would you rather have that or a fear break every minute? Would you rather have that than a AP buff and stun reduction? Would you rather have that than an AoE stun? Would you rather have that than an AoE silence with mana return?

    Every Man for Himself is good for sure, but I wouldn't take it over Shadowmeld, Arcane Torrent, Warstomp, WotF etc. It doesn't have any situational use and 3% isn't honestly that much.

    Edit: Oh and also, this season is the best by far for not having double DPS trinkets. Heroic Cunning used be 10-20% of Warlocks damage. Vial of Shadows used to crit up to 30% of someones health with FW, even Unheeded Warning used to provide a stupidly high damage increase.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by iWolfBanei View Post
    Yep, what other people have said.

    Re-imagine Every Man for Himself in your head as a 3% buff to all damage. Would you rather have that or a fear break every minute? Would you rather have that than a AP buff and stun reduction? Would you rather have that than an AoE stun? Would you rather have that than an AoE silence with mana return?

    Every Man for Himself is good for sure, but I wouldn't take it over Shadowmeld, Arcane Torrent, Warstomp, WotF etc. It doesn't have any situational use and 3% isn't honestly that much.
    You'd be right, if 3% damage (or healing) was all it did. It also gives you either the on-use trinket (4000-5000 primary stat) or the proc trinket (~3000? primary stat). The 3% is what it gives in addition to that. In addition to what it gave in Cataclysm. That's what I mean.
    I'm not a native English speaker, and yet, I don't suck at English. The argument "English is not my mother tongue" doesn't actually give you an excuse to do so.

  15. #15
    If the only trinketbenefit the human would get would be some shitty dps proc it certainly wouldn't be worth being human as opposed to undead, orc and troll anymore.

    Now if i could have 2x On Demand i'd consider it, but otherwise no.

  16. #16
    If it was truly that powerful, wouldn't more people change from horde to alliance?
    You are examining the racial in it's own right as "getting a second trinket" yet I doubt you even took the pvp trinket's mastery or spirit into your calculations for determining this.
    It is strong, yes. But don't call it unfair simply because you got killed by a few humans once.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    A question that has been asked daily by dozens of ppl for over 6 years.
    A bit over 4 years do not translate into over 6 years.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarella View Post
    You are examining the racial in it's own right as "getting a second trinket" yet I doubt you even took the pvp trinket's mastery or spirit into your calculations for determining this.
    Hmm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxiye View Post
    Why is it like this? Humans already have a strong racial in that they get an extra DPS trinket (for example, they get to use the stat-proc trinket, whereas others get a flat +crit, +spirit or +mastery), why do they need to get an additional buff in the form of extra PvP Power?
    800-900 something of those secondaries is practically nothing in comparison to over 1,000 PvP Power.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarella View Post
    If it was truly that powerful, wouldn't more people change from horde to alliance?
    According to ArenaJunkies, the list is as follows:
    11 in the top 20 Warriors are Humans.
    15 in the top 20 Rogues are Humans.
    13 in the top 20 DKs are Humans.
    12 in the top 20 Hunters are Humans.
    10 in the top 20 Mages are Humans.
    13 in the top 20 Paladins are Humans.
    6 in the top 20 Priests are Humans (still the majority).

    So yeah, I guess people do.
    I'm not a native English speaker, and yet, I don't suck at English. The argument "English is not my mother tongue" doesn't actually give you an excuse to do so.

  19. #19
    The Insane Wildtree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Iowa - Franconia
    Posts
    16,990
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarella View Post
    If it was truly that powerful, wouldn't more people change from horde to alliance?
    You are examining the racial in it's own right as "getting a second trinket" yet I doubt you even took the pvp trinket's mastery or spirit into your calculations for determining this.
    It is strong, yes. But don't call it unfair simply because you got killed by a few humans once.
    People change to/roll Humans for PVP reasons all the time.
    The same is true that people roll Horde for PVE reasons.

    Generally people have to STOP whining about some portion of the game being OP just now....
    Good lord. The game moves through times and things are sometimes better, sometimes they suck. Play along with it, and adjust. It's actually a beauty of the game. People want challenge, there is one.. Overcome the odds..
    It's the people's lack of flexibility that is the real issue. That's a lesson for RL as well... You cannot bitch about RL either. Life is hard, please nerf...
    Not gonna happen... Life is a bitch... You have to learn to adjust and accommodate.

  20. #20
    stop QQing and race change human, and if you cant reroll a class that can problem solved.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •