Poll: Which healer do you prefer?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Helai View Post
    Thought it could be an interesting poll/discussion

As a tank in heroic dungeons, what healer do you prefer?

Select and discuss.
    Boomkin as it's the only one that doesn't make the dungeon last longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Boem View Post
    A good mistweaver will do even more damage! *wink wink*

No bias!
    Maybe with very good gear on a lot of aoe pulls, but otherwise the disc will win out currently, thanks to its much higher single-target damage. It also doesn't have to bother with that stupid statue, operating at 100% damage:healing efficiency all the time.

If the latest PTR build hits live fistweavers may give them a run for their money, but not right now.

I also picked disc over holy, despite holy's higher damage, because holy doesn't have higher damage if it has to heal; where disc will be healing just fine while doing damage. 50k DPS means 50k HPS (more actually, but eh), which is more than enough for any 5 man pull outside of maybe some entire rooms, where it could simply be supplemented by no GCD mitigation abilities like power infusion and barrier.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

10+ Year Old Account
    As a Monk Tank, I prefer a Monk Healer. Renewing Mist works amazing with Stagger, and Ox Guard works great with Fistweaving.

Also its cool to see a MW and a BrM together on the front lines doing Kung Fu.

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer a Healer that goes along with my "unique" way of playing my Warrior Tank.

Step 1: Scream loud SPARTAAAAAAA !!!
    Step 2: Charge into the next mob grp., taunt a second grp. and jump into the third.
    Step 3: Leave it to the Healer to keep you alive

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rehija View Post
    I prefer a Healer that goes along with my "unique" way of playing my Warrior Tank.

Step 1: Scream loud SPARTAAAAAAA !!!
    Step 2: Charge into the next mob grp., taunt a second grp. and jump into the third.
    Step 3: Leave it to the Healer to keep you alive
    And how exactly is that unique? I think you just described every Tank I know.

OT: When I'm tanking with my DK I mostly prefer holy priests because of their insane dmg output,
    when I'm not on my DK I prefer Dics because they still have very high dmg output and heal at the same time.

What Rehja said.

Constant trash pulls as long as the healer keeps pace its fine. Also pulling loads of trash gives me more dps and a reason to use defensive cooldowns.

I am going to choose the option of don't care what class. As long as they are good, mind you my blood DK needs stuff all in the way of healing, to the point where the last heroic I did the healer was specced shadow the whole way and barely needed to stop DPSing to heal... awesome group that one. Nice and fast run, the way it should be

I think a better poll would be HEALERS: What tanks do you prefer? which in my case the answer again is don't care as long as it's NOT a Monk. Decent, non squishy as hell monks are rare in LFG it seems :/
    Last edited by Nasriel; 2013-01-28 at 02:24 PM.

Thanks to Shyama for this beautiful signature <3

Deleted
    Resto Druids.

The same reason I like doing CM with those, they're ever-going

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Codyak View Post
    I noticed that whenever I tank (which is 95% of the time) I really don't care who the healer is so long as I stay alive.
    These are my feelings on it, being a Blood DK helps.

If I had to choose I'd say Monk since, as far as I know, they can do great damage alongside their healing.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well this thread is being trolled hard.

Personally I take a class that can dps well, and is good at PvP healing. Since pve healing is really all the same.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Well this thread is being trolled hard.

Personally I take a class that can dps well, and is good at PvP healing. Since pve healing is really all the same.
    How is it being trolled hard?

Deleted
    I usually queue as Healer, go in boomkin spec and I end up tanking most of the time aswell because I outgear the poor tank. when tanking on my DK I would prefer a healer in dps spec aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarella View Post
    I choose a boomkin.
    When I get a boomkin healer I know the run is going to be a lot quicker.
    Id go with this. Or a shadow priest
    I was Once a Nab
    Then I rolled a Paladin
    Thats when I found out
    that I REALLY was a Nab

Quote Originally Posted by Nasriel View Post
    I think a better poll would be HEALERS: What tanks do you prefer? which in my case the answer again is don't care as long as it's NOT a Monk. Decent, non squishy as hell monks are rare in LFG it seems :/
    Yeah, I'd go with that poll ;P In that one, I'd probably go with either DK or a pally. Some monks take insane little bursts every now and then, which makes them really unpredictable to heal, and I've seen some warriors have that too. Druids (the one I've mostly done heroics with at least) seem to be pretty much in the middle of the spectrum. They take more damage in my experience than DK and pally, but more predictably than monk and warrior. Just what I've experienced though. Some of the tanks I've played with have had a bit lower iLvl than others, so it's pretty hard to say anything definitive.

I've never really played a tank, but the only time my druid tanked (in bear form and all) was in Wailing Caverns way back in early WotLK. A priest I had then, and that went smoothly. We were overgeared and were a bit too high level for the place, but it still counts, right?

The one that keeps me alive.

Deleted
    I'll make a poll now for healers then.

the class of healer is completely irrelavant in a five man dungeon. I do enough self healing and take little enough damage that they are constantly asking me if I want them to just dps.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Holy Paladin cause that's me hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasriel View Post
    I am going to choose the option of don't care what class. As long as they are good, mind you my blood DK needs stuff all in the way of healing, to the point where the last heroic I did the healer was specced shadow the whole way and barely needed to stop DPSing to heal... awesome group that one. Nice and fast run, the way it should be

gotta agree with you on the whole monk statement. we have one in our guild that the healers all bitch about but just cannot get it through the guy's head that he should go back to playing his rogue.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

As long as the healer knows what they're doing and can keep up with me (chain pulled a lot when I use to play), they can heal with a fishing pole for all I care.