Deleted

Hiding incoming XP text

Note: This post was moved into a separate thread from HowTo: Make a code snippet into an addon.
    ~ Treeston

Hello!

i'm trying to find a way to hide my incoming experience text. I already gave it up as the echo for my problem was that it isn't possible to modify or hide the text.

Until i found this thread. I'm not sure if there is a way through this method, as i am not a professional at all on coding an addon. I have following guess:

Is there a way to replace the font for experience text with a blank text using this method?

For any help regarding this issue i would be very thankful!

Thanks!
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2013-01-28 at 01:24 PM.

Are you using the default UI, a UI replacement, or a compilation of add-ons? I run Elv so I have options available that might not be there in a different UI.

Are you trying to hide it from the combat text on the main screen or from the chat frames? I know there's are options in the chat settings to turn off most of the incoming information (exp, gold gained, items, etc). I run xCT+ and it allows me to turn off pretty much any part of the floating combat text.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Someone needs to take away your keyboard until you're better able to read the explicit meaning in sentences without implying whatever you want in order to be contrary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    It's like swatting flies with a shotgun.

Deleted
    Hello!

i'm using elvui myself, but i didn't find any option to hide the text. Can you help me out?
    and thx for the fast reply!

Unfortunately, I'm at work so I can't look at the UI to see where in combat text it would be (assuming you're talking floating combat text). If you right click the left chat "General" there is the option at the bottom to go into the settings. I think it's the last tab of the settings that has all the various non-chat options.

---------- Post added 2013-01-28 at 05:59 PM ----------

Home now so I can look at it. Follow the directions above, then go to 'Global' (last option in the list). In that page you'll see a bunch of options under 'Combat' that you can turn off. I'm not sure if those apply only to chat, combat text, or both.

Elvui doesn't appear to have a combat text setting that I can find, but I run xCT+, which is highly modifiable.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Someone needs to take away your keyboard until you're better able to read the explicit meaning in sentences without implying whatever you want in order to be contrary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    It's like swatting flies with a shotgun.

Deleted
    In xct, i there a way to turn of those Messages "High Threat", "Target Changed" and so on that appears in default Blizzard Font?

Quote Originally Posted by dummy View Post
    In xct, i there a way to turn of those Messages "High Threat", "Target Changed" and so on that appears in default Blizzard Font?
    Just felt like saying to everyone else, I added this feature in the latest version of xCT+ after conversing with dummy on tukui.org. The one I am working on now is how to get rid of the annoying "XP: 23490" FCT pop-ups. I can't quite figure it out.
    Last edited by Dandraffbal; 2013-03-11 at 03:58 PM.