Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Hardest jumping puzzle?

I was wondering, which, in your opinion, is the hardest jumping puzzle present in the game at this point and why?

Festival jumping puzzles don't get counted since they sit for less then a month, I am talking about permanent ones.

You can have any reason, but I'm curious on your opinions.

the ones in World vs World cuz players can kill you.

10+ Year Old Account
    The fucking Hatchery one! OMG!! those orbs are so small!! Idk why i had such a hard time landing on them... the clock tower took me less time to complete then that fucking thing...

PS: I don't think the WvW ones are that hard... then again i'm the player that kills everyone else...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

For me it's the big one at Southsun Cove and the Clocktower...

Difficulty is hard to gauge on jumping puzzles due to the variety of things involved. Most difficult one to learn was probably Scavenger's Chasm. I don't have many issues with actually making the jumps .

Griffonrook Run. I completed all jumping puzzle's except this one. I keep ragequitting after 1 hour of trying. I just can't finish it because of the annoying attack delay of the Griffons. One time it's 3 seconds, other time it's almost instantly. GAH!

10+ Year Old Account
    Griffonrook run.

It's timed, you have no weapon skills when you are carrying the bomb to defend yourself from the griffons and the slows from fall damage on the long drops.

It is easier if you don't take the bomb to open the chest, but then you don't get the chest.
    Last edited by Karizee; 2013-01-28 at 02:14 PM.
    Valar morghulis

Deleted
    I've yet to try the Griffonrook run myself but from the ones I already completed Darkdream Enclave has one really annoying jump near the end that has a really good chance to make you angry. Specially because there's a really good chance of you falling to your death if you miss it (and no cute singing quaggans to rez you like the one in Timberline Falls) Also there's some veteran mobs and packs of wolves (besides static turrets) within the puzzle which makes it hard to do solo if you're level appropriate (not so much if you're 80, ofc).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sueisfine View Post
    I've yet to try the Griffonrook run myself but from the ones I already completed Darkdream Enclave has one really annoying jump near the end that has a really good chance to make you angry. Specially because there's a really good chance of you falling to your death if you miss it (and no cute singing quaggans to rez you like the one in Timberline Falls) Also there's some veteran mobs and packs of wolves (besides static turrets) within the puzzle which makes it hard to do solo if you're level appropriate (not so much if you're 80, ofc).
    For the Jump you're talking about I found you wanna jump onto the stalk of the mushroom, not the cap, makes it almost 100% to make it, or at least survive the fall.
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

I would have said the halloween tower one but it's a festival so.... probably the WvW one, just to damn long -.-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Griffonrook run.

It's timed, you have no weapon skills when you are carrying the bomb to defend yourself from the griffons and the slows from fall damage on the long drops.

It is easier if you don't take the bomb to open the chest, but then you don't get the chest.
    Does the chest actually open now?

The one underwater in BTC. What a pain in the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Abstieg View Post
    Does the chest actually open now?
    It did last time I did it ~month ago, no idea if it's been broken since or anything. (Obviously only if you actually bring the bomb).

That said OT: I'd have to agree it's the hardest if you're trying for the chest (it's not bad if you just want the achieve).

Well, let me start off by saying I love me some JP and I've done all of them probably more than once.

I spend the most time trying and failing on the timed puzzles like the winter event one and the other one in the new zone. They both sucked. God. I honestly can not imagine why the hell anyone would ever enjoy timed jumping puzzles. So for me, the most difficult and least enjoyable puzzles are the atrocious timed jumping puzzles.

Other than that, the hardest while still fun for me was the one in Orr where you had to collect 12 orbs to open 3 chests. Complete mindfuck and I spend a lot of time in there trying to guess where the hell that 12th orb I missed was hiding at.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Well, let me start off by saying I love me some JP and I've done all of them probably more than once.

I spend the most time trying and failing on the timed puzzles like the winter event one and the other one in the new zone. They both sucked. God. I honestly can not imagine why the hell anyone would ever enjoy timed jumping puzzles. So for me, the most difficult and least enjoyable puzzles are the atrocious timed jumping puzzles.

Other than that, the hardest while still fun for me was the one in Orr where you had to collect 12 orbs to open 3 chests. Complete mindfuck and I spend a lot of time in there trying to guess where the hell that 12th orb I missed was hiding at.
    I'm one of those people that truly loved the christmas puzzle. Seeing it go away was a sad day for me. I did it daily, and sometimes did it more than once(if it wasn't going to inconvenience to many people).

I guess I just loved the pace of it, and the sense of accomplishment when you complete it. Silly i know, but I loved it.

Deleted
    Everyone has their Strengths and Weaknesses when it comes to Jumping Puzzles.

Personally I found the Griffenhook run to be...acceptable while I had many more problems with Vexes Lab (iirc, the long instanced one in Metrica Province).

Some others are just plain annoying, like the one with the coordinates and the teleporter.

I must admit I also struggle with the one in the Southern Cove (Karka area), especially during the 2nd part of the jump thriathalon.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodian View Post
    Griffonrook Run. I completed all jumping puzzle's except this one. I keep ragequitting after 1 hour of trying. I just can't finish it because of the annoying attack delay of the Griffons. One time it's 3 seconds, other time it's almost instantly. GAH!
    You can actually just drop the bomb, kill the gryphons, and run it through. You wont get the loot, but will get the achievement (shallow victory) but it gets the points.

For actually doing it the right way, I need to agree its in the list of the toughest. The eternal battleground one is also a pain, in length, complexity, and on my low-pop realm the good chance of not seeing the end of it thanks to player killers.
    Smierc @ Quel'thalas EU

Quote Originally Posted by Zheitan View Post
    You can actually just drop the bomb, kill the gryphons, and run it through. You wont get the loot, but will get the achievement (shallow victory) but it gets the points.
    This, Griffonrook is by far the most awful one. Get your points, ignore the chest, and GTFO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zheitan View Post

For actually doing it the right way, I need to agree its in the list of the toughest. The eternal battleground one is also a pain, in length, complexity, and on my low-pop realm the good chance of not seeing the end of it thanks to player killers.
    I know i ran through Griffonrook the first time no bomb, then got the bomb and ran through to get my loot, i think it only took me 4 tries after i got all the way without it... so it wasn't -that- bad.

I don't understand how so many people have issues with the WvW one -_-'

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    I know i ran through Griffonrook the first time no bomb, then got the bomb and ran through to get my loot, i think it only took me 4 tries after i got all the way without it... so it wasn't -that- bad.

I don't understand how so many people have issues with the WvW one -_-'
    Think it's more of an issue with other people killing them so they have to worry about that too.

And, to be honest, the darkness part is hard.